Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 iJailbreak upgrade question/help

Default 1.1.3 iJailbreak upgrade question/help
    Hi I have an iPhone OTB 1.1.3 unlocked/jailbroken using iJailbreak. I have Bootloadr 4.6_M3S2 with the Modem Firmware at 04.02.12_G

Obviously my Locate Me doesn't work in GoogleMaps and I am curious if there is a way to upgrade to 04.03 or higher on the BB. I just barely unlocked/jailbroke an OTB 1.1.3 for a friend using iPlus and their Locate feature works in GoogleMaps so I would like to use this method on my phone as well.

I read somewhere that ZiPhone (which iJailbreak uses I believe) is unable to change the Bootloader or BB since it is a Hardware unlock method. I am curious if this is true.

Sorry for the newb questions as I am not super educated with the different unlocking methods.

Thank you in advance.

Also you can just email me if you don't want to post a reply on here. My email address is (obviously) my screen name on here and is also my iChat name if you feel kind enough to live chat me about it!

I am running ATT, so im not super knowledgable bout unlocking, however I believe Ziphone can do this - any SOFTWARE you use to unlock, is a SOFTWARE unlock, NOT a HARDWARE unlock.

A HARDWARE unlock actually calls for you modifing the circuitboards inside the phone.....hense the "hardware".

Oh right. My bad.. Sorry, not enough coffee to get my brain working, BUT I still read somewhere that the ZiPhone/iJailbreak downgrade is irreversible, so I am stuck and won't be able to get Locate me working even if I restored and did the iPlus method? Any help with this would be awesome. Maybe someone has done this same exact methods and has some personal experience?