Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS 4.0.2 unlock noob

Default iPhone 3GS 4.0.2 unlock noob
    Hi this is my first post here. I just got an iPhone to run on tmobile so I need to unlock it first. The guy I got it from told me it was unlockable but as far as I can tell there is no unlock for it yet? Or is there? There is a guy on craigslist who claims he can unlock it for 30 bucks. Is it unlockable? Thanks for the help!

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You cant JB to unlock 4.0.2 on a 3GS so the guy lied to you.

Get TinyUmbrella and see if by some chance you have any SHSHs saved to downgrade to 4.0.1 at least so you can JB then unlock.

What about this guy who claims he can unlock it? Stay away?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

What guy and what did he say? Cuz you cant JB 4.0.2 and if you cant do that you wont be able to unlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    What guy and what did he say? Cuz you cant JB 4.0.2 and if you cant do that you wont be able to unlock.
    He is the Guy on Pittsburgh craigslist doing it for 30 bucks

You cant JB to unlock 4.0.2 on a 3GS so the guy lied to you.

Get TinyUmbrella and see if by some chance you have any SHSHs saved to downgrade to 4.0.1 at least so you can JB then unlock.
    Were would the shsh be saved at? Sorry I'm new! LOL
    Last edited by ewatson660; 2010-09-09 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

You just get TinyUmbrella and click "Display SHSH" to see if theyre saved. If theyre saved theyll be in Saurik's server. Youll simply run TinyUmbrella's TSS server during a shift+restore to utitlize any saved SHSHs with a stock ipsw.

Considering how you dont know what SHSHs are or how to use them, im guessing theres a good chance you dont have them. I mean it wouldnt hurt to check, i just dont think you have them if you didnt manually save them.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-09-09 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You just get TinyUmbrella and click "Display SHSH" to see if theyre saved. If theyre saved theyll be in Saurik's server. Youll simply run TinyUmbrella's TSS server during a shift+restore to utitlize any saved SHSHs with a stock ipso.

Considering how you dont know what SHSHs are or how to use them, im guessing theres a good chance you dont have them. I mean it wouldnt hurt to check, i just dont think you have them if you didnt manually save them.
    Man you are smart with these iPhones! So could it be this guy has the shsh I need and that's how he does it?

ok there is no shsh file. will this help me?

Jailbreak iOS 4.0.2 Steps by RedSn0w 0.9.5
    Last edited by ewatson660; 2010-09-10 at 04:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

No SHSHs are unique to each device so he cant unlock your phone. And no that guide is only for 3G phones. Youre pretty much stuck for now.

Ok I was playing around with this phone for a while and I was able to downgrade it to 4.0 running base band 05.13.04. Now maybe I should stop screwing with it but I'm having fun and getting pissed at the same time lol. So with the way I'm sitting now can I unlock or jailbreak this thing? I tried blackra1n, snowbreeze and um...... One other one I think but can't even get them to take the firmware file. I did the .ispw or whatever it was at the end but my computers file explorer when snowbreeze asks for it won't pick it up....

here is what i did and it worked! id like to get a screen shot of my phone but not sure how. iPHONE 3Gs 4.0.2 DOWNGRADED TO 4.0.1 (JAILBREAKED & UNLOCKED) [Archive] - GSM-Forum

i went with 4.0 not 4.0.1 thats the only thing diff i did
    Last edited by ewatson660; 2010-09-15 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost