Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS SIM and Plan to Iphone 4

Default 3GS SIM and Plan to Iphone 4
    Hey everyone,

I've been a long time lurker and hope you guys will be able to help me out

I have an iPhone 3GS and will soon be purchasing an iPhone 4. My question is, will I be able to use my current SIM card and the plan associated with it, with the new iPhone 4?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

If you get the SIM properly cut to fit the new slot on the iPhone 4. If you look around, you should be able to find somebody nearby to do so for you, perhaps on craigslist.

However, depending on how you get your iPhone 4, it may not matter. If you go into an AT&T store or Apple Store to pick it up, they're going to activate the new SIM that will come with the phone, and disable your existing one.

A friend is giving it to me. I'm not sure if it was even opened. Does Apple activate the phone before shipping it out?

So, if I do use the SIM card currently with my 3GS, I shouldn't have a problem w/ transferring it to the 4, except for cutting?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

None. It's just a matter of cutting away plastic to make it the same as the micro SIM shape.

Google around for SIM cutters, you might just buy one and cut it yourself.

If you look on eBay, they're there. The first one that came up for me was $9.99, and included two adapters, so that you could still put your newly cut micro SIM into a device that uses regular sized SIMs.
    Last edited by Trooper Sam; 2010-09-01 at 07:12 PM.

Awesome, so, if the 4 isn't activated, my current SIM will activate the 4?