Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need Help Unlocking iPhone 3G with 4.0 Software

Default Need Help Unlocking iPhone 3G with 4.0 Software
    Hey guys! Like the title says, I am having some trouble unlocking my iPhone 3G! It is currently jailbroken running 4.0 (baseband 05.11.07). I used pwnagetool 4.0 to jailbreak and attempted to unlock it by using this guide How to Unlock iPhone 3GS/3G on 4.0 Firmware Everything seemed to be going smoothly until I tried putting a T-Mobile Sim Card in. It said locked sim and asked for a sim unlock?! What am I missing?! Thanks in advance!

Just an update, I just noticed that on my device after installing ultrasn0w it says restart springboard instead of reboot device. I hope that helps to clarify some things. Thanks!
    Last edited by Jontron; 2010-08-26 at 01:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You might wanna try reinstalling Ultrasn0w. It should be rebooting device not respringing. The installation might have gone wrong.

Edit: by reinstall I mean uninstall and install again. Be sure youre getting it from repo666.ultrasn0w.com
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-08-26 at 06:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks for your reply! I tried reinstalling ultrasn0w using repo666.ultrasn0w.com and after it finished installing it said restart springboard AGAIN?! Is their anyway to fix this!? Thanks!

just reboot your phone yourself and see what it does

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

The fact that it says respring instead of reboot depicts a problem. You could try rebooting manually but you risk getting stuck at the boot logo like someone else I was helping did.

Id really recommend my initial suggestion, which is to try and downgrade to 3.1.x and try unlocking again.

I wouldnt recommend 4.0 on 3G phones anyway, but if you wanna stay on iOS 4 youll need SHSHs to restore to it. You can go up to 4.0.2 and jb with redsn0w but a lot more people have reported the unlock not working while being on 4.0.2.

Thanks for the replies! I have two questions..
    1. How do you go about manually rebooting?
    2. Can someone please point in the direction of how to go about downgrading to 3.1.x?! Thanks!

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

You turn the phone off then turn it on...

Google "downgrade iphone 3G 4.0 to 3.1.3"

Itll give you a few guides to look at.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-08-26 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

the lifehacker or iclarified seem to be the best guides that i've seen on how to do it.

i have dealing with this problem since utlrasn0w 1.1-1 came out no one has a a solution i went all the way back to 3.1.3 on 05.13.04 and i have full bars but it wont call just like on 4.0.2 and below i think the new ultrasn0w is not compatible with my phone

every thing your talking about i try'd and nothing i restored in different combos and nothing. i need to wat=it for a new unlock. even tho it used to work just fine with the old ultrasnow
    Last edited by Alexmediaking; 2010-08-26 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

So delete ultrasn0w off your phone and use iFile to install a previous version that worked...

Install deb files using iFile

Ultrasn0w 1.0-1

Ultrasn0w 0.93

If 1.0-1 works please let me know, as I'll need to update my bundle for pwnagetool. If not try 0.93, and if that works I'll just have to include that in the bundle I suppose.
    Last edited by amsgator; 2010-08-27 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost