Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Itunes says: “There is a problem with your Iphone”

Default Itunes says: “There is a problem with your Iphone”
    Hi everyone. My case may seem a bit too long, sorry about that.

So I got this Iphone 3gs 32gb in Shanghai, China. As some of you may now, Iphones which are sold in China officially have Wifi disabled, so the grey market is full of Iphones which are taken apart, modified (Wifi added, 16gb upgraded to 32gb), jailbreaked and unlocked. That’s the kind I got. It had Cydia out-of-the-box, 3.1.3 firmware. So I used it for a while without problems, never cared to save shsh (didn’t even know about it that time), until one unhappy day I upgraded to stock 4.0.1.

Since then all I get connecting to Itunes is this message: “"There is a problem with your Iphone. We're sorry, the iphone you connected maybe be damaged and cannot be activated for service”

I tried several AT&T sim card and universal activation card (got that from dealextreme) with no result.

Custom 4.0.1 ipsw made with pwnage tool bundle didn’t work because the phone is not jailbreaked now (correct me if I’m wrong)

Here are the specs:

Model: MB715LL/A
    Name: iPhone
    Baseband: 05.13.04 - 6.4_M3S2

Serial: 83936….

BTW when I tried to check SN on apple website, I got this: “We're sorry, but this is a serial number for a product that has been replaced”

So the question is…any ideas to get it back to life?? If not, is there any kind of software coming which could solve the case? Like, hactivated 4.0.1 which won’t need a jailbreak or something?

sounds like you don't have a legit phone. something inside could be damaged due to the wifi mod.

It sure could, but service couldn't find anything wrong inside...

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

Given the channel through which it was purchased, what are the odds that Apple blacklisted the ECID and/or SN?