Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Redsn0w worked on 4.0.2 3g and ultrasn0w didnt

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Not sure about 0.9.5b5-3, I was looking at chinese website, it says 0.9.5b5-5 will do the job.

redsn0w_win_0.9.5b5-5.zip if this helps readers

its patching

dfu
    Last edited by Alexmediaking; 2010-08-18 at 04:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I use Ultrasn0w too, sometimes when it respring or a power up , I do get no service, all I do is a couple of hard reset to get service.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

Alexmediaking (2010-08-18)

repo66 is already in

ok have my sim card already in when i do it. i just did the upgrades for cydia and this time with redsn0w 0.9.5b5-3 no biigboss error

lookin good no wifi glitches
    Last edited by Alexmediaking; 2010-08-18 at 04:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Let Cydia update and install Ultrasn0w to see if it works.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

wtf after i did recommended upgrades my wifi is shot again

oh u have to re input your wifi key noob ha
    Last edited by Alexmediaking; 2010-08-18 at 04:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

You mean your wifi is gone.
    Ah, wep key input

10. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

searching for a long time i might re boot because 3g was on

so just power of or is there a actual reboot

ok no service man i wont take anymore of your time thanks
    Last edited by Alexmediaking; 2010-08-18 at 04:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

for no reason i put in my simcard and it activated. but the calls fail even thought i have full reception? what are SHSH and what should mine be? i downgraded to 4.0.1 05.13.04

Default similar issue
    I got the phone to unlock using the methods you have been describing and doing a little googling for step by step instructions because I just got an iphone yday and it works with t-mobile. the only problem is that the signal strength is horrible at best sometimes staying sometimes going however if i'm on wifi at the same time the t-mobile signal doesn't go away. If i'm not in a wifi hotspot it will say t-mobile with 5 bars then it slowly goes down to 1 bar then searching then no service. I have to repetitively switch airport mode on/off and then it comes back for a couple minutes then no luck once again. any thoughts on that?

mine does that on and off at random times....sometimes it finds a signal for a short period of time then it goes down to 1 bar then searching and finally no service. at times i can switch airport mode on then off again and the service comes back but what causes it to do it in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    Does it say searching and then no service on your signal.
    mine does that on and off at random times....sometimes it finds a signal for a short period of time then it goes down to 1 bar then searching and finally no service. at times i can switch airport mode on then off again and the service comes back but what causes it to do it in the first place?
    Last edited by amar_85; 2010-08-20 at 07:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

theres no fix for this yet, nor any ackowledgement from any Devs, that this is even happening. ive been in this forum for almost 2 months now about this, and so far... ive come out with 0 solutions.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to iGatmad For This Useful Post:

Alexmediaking (2010-08-21)

you explained my situation to the tee

thanks for the effort bud
    Last edited by Alexmediaking; 2010-08-21 at 12:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

ya strange it works for abot an hour then loses service

i wonder if its hardware issue anyone else hving his problem?

Thanks

Downgraded from 4.0.2 to 4.0.1, 3GS, 06.04 bootloader (shouldn't matter), 05.13.04 baseband, ultrasn0w either sticks on searching or shows my carrier name with 0 bars signal.

Ultrasn0w is sucking :/
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

i even downgraded my ultrasnow with i file and i have the exact same problem as you bud. exact.

I just dont get why the people at dev havent come out about this and noone has salution. now its hurry up and waith and im using a 1st gen blue blackberry that makes me want to jump off a bridge not to metion i lost all of my contacts and apps and music because of this crap.
    Last edited by Alexmediaking; 2010-08-30 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

for the heck of it i am going to upgrade to 4.0.1 to see what happens for the ppl with the same problem

This sound eerily similar to my situation. Unlock worked fine on ultrasn0w 0.93, but when I had to rejailbreak because an app update borked the phone, the unlock doesn't work or works sporadically. And the only difference I can figure is that ultrasn0w is a newer version:

http://modmyi.com/forums/t-mobile/72...t-working.html

I suppose it still could be hardware related, but I find it weird that I can put an AT&T SIM in there and it works fine.

i just tried it no luck

i will try a new sim card then i will let you know how that works tonight so check back

no new sim wont do it either im screwed for now i guess i pretty much tried everything and no response from the dev's and wasted 20 bucks on a sim

i figured the problem out i believe i am and u are blacklisted read this article look at t-mobile this is exactly what is happening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    UnlockMe - Blacklist & Barred & Blocked. Your Mobile Blacklisted?
    Last edited by Alexmediaking; 2010-09-02 at 01:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Well, I don't think I am because of two things:

1. Today, I put my co-worker's TMobile SIM in the phone. It got a TMo signal, made and received a call and a text message. It works perfectly with her SIM, but mine doesn't register at all. But my SIM works in her phone and in my Motorola W490 flip phone.

2. I called TMobile today and while they weren't able to help me figure out why a new SIM and everything wouldn't work but someone else's would, they assured me that there isn't any block on my phone or my SIM. They really don't seem to care if I have an unlocked iPhone on their network at all...they just don't have a lot of expertise on it when something goes wrong.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12