Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cannot Activate

Default Cannot Activate
    Hi guys, i have a 2G iPhone for my son, and was working perfectly fine. it is factory unlocked and was bought new in singapore quite a while ago. It was synced with iTunes and worked great. Just did a restore to try to fix a wifi problem and now it says it cannot activate it.

i cannot recall the exact wording of the message but it is something like " an internal error occurred with your iphone" the iphone is now stuck at the emergency screen. Any help on this..? Was working great until a restore (except wifi stopped working in the last 2 days, so i tried to restore). Is there a way to activate without itunes..?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

What did you restore to? All you have to do is to jailbreak it with the appropriate version of Redsn0w to hacktivate the phone and get past the emergency call screen.

This might help:

3.1.2 use Redsn0w 0.9.3
    3.1.3 use Redsn0w 0.9.4

For redsn0w, you will also need the 3.9 and 4.6 bootloader binary files.

I have a link that will guide you and provide the downloads you need for 3.1.3.

iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your iPhone 2G on OS 3.1.3 Using RedSn0w (Mac)
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-08-17 at 06:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

If you guys are ready, i am going to ask quite possibly the most stupid question ever asked on this forum - but here goes:

What if i dont have a mac?

Quote Originally Posted by Exposuredesigns View Post
    If you guys are ready, i am going to ask quite possibly the most stupid question ever asked on this forum - but here goes:

What if i dont have a mac?
    Use redsn0w for windows

http://iphwn.org/get/redsn0w_win_0.9.5b5-5.zip

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Yeah sorry I forgot to say, there is a windows version of Redsn0w.

Sorry about that. Heres the windows version:

iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your iPhone 2G on OS 3.1.3 Using RedSn0w (Windows)

(all the appropriate downloads are included within this guide)
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-08-17 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost