Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3GS question

Default Iphone 3GS question
    Alright so i jsut bought the iphone3GS
    ios 4.0.1
    model MCxxxx
    modem firmware 05.13.04

And i know i can jailbreak it and unlock it but does that void any warranty? cause i know with my ipod touch a simple restore and they never knew ;P Also it's with rogers but i'm planning on buying the cheapest plan i can find thats not even ment for iphones or smartphones...soo do i still need to unlock or it'll work anyway cause its from same carrier

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unholy3000 View Post
    Alright so i jsut bought the iphone3GS
    ios 4.0.1
    model MCxxxx
    modem firmware 05.13.04

And i know i can jailbreak it and unlock it but does that void any warranty? cause i know with my ipod touch a simple restore and they never knew ;P Also it's with rogers but i'm planning on buying the cheapest plan i can find thats not even ment for iphones or smartphones...soo do i still need to unlock or it'll work anyway cause its from same carrier

Thanks
    You can jailbreak with jailbreakme.com and unlock with Ultrasn0w. A restore with set up as new will always wipe all traces of the jailbreak. You might want to download tiny umbrella an try to save your 4.0.1 SHSH blobs apple was still signing 4.0.1 yesterday.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to nebo1ss For This Useful Post:

unholy3000 (2010-08-16)

tiny umbrella is that found on cydia when they ask if you'd like to back it up?
    nvm thats it :P

Well thanks for the quick reply much appreciated
    Last edited by unholy3000; 2010-08-16 at 07:31 PM.

Tiny umbrella is found here: The Firmware Umbrella
    If you have already jailbroken and you got the option to back up your SHSH blobs then forget Tiny Umbrella it is just another way to get SHSH without even jailbreaking.

Edit: Thinking about it you might still be able to get 4.0.1 SHSH blobs which will be very good for you. Get Umbrella open it in advance mode, plug your phone into usb, select Cydia as source, select 3GS 4.0.1 as Software and hit run. One of two things will happen. If apple still signing 4.0.1 you will get your shsh on Cydia, if they are no longer signing 4.0.1 you will get an error message saying no longer available. Nothing to lose.
    Last edited by nebo1ss; 2010-08-16 at 07:36 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nebo1ss For This Useful Post:

unholy3000 (2010-08-16)

oh Alright i'm doing it now then, ill edit when it's done so ppl know if theyr still signing it or not

Thanks man

EDIT: worked great, thanks for info and quick replys
    Last edited by unholy3000; 2010-08-16 at 07:49 PM.