Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Question about Unlocking iPhone 3GS (Please Help)

Default Question about Unlocking iPhone 3GS (Please Help)
    Hello,

I plan upon purchasing an iphone 3gs, and plan upon using my existing sim card. Is there any way to do this? Will unlocking my iPhone help? My current plan includes unlimited Data, unlimited texting, and unlimited calling, and is on at&t. Any help is greatly appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by skarian View Post
    Hello,

I plan upon purchasing an iphone 3gs, and plan upon using my existing sim card. Is there any way to do this? Will unlocking my iPhone help? My current plan includes unlimited Data, unlimited texting, and unlimited calling, and is on at&t. Any help is greatly appreciated
    You're on ATT, so you don't require an unlock. The unlock allows you to use a locked iPhone on unofficial carriers, e.g. T-Mobile here in the states. All you'd have to do is put your sim into the 3GS. I believe ATT automatically adds the iPhone data plan on after this (can an AT&T user confirm that?).

So, no, you do not need the unlock as it will be of no benefit to you.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to n1c3jack3t For This Useful Post:

skarian (2010-08-14)

, thank you so much for the help, but since ur not an at&t user, could an at&t user please verify? and would i have to buy a new plan?
    Last edited by skarian; 2010-08-14 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skarian View Post
    , thank you so much for the help, but since ur not an at&t user, could an at&t user please verify? and would i have to buy a new plan?
    I was previously on AT&T. You HAVE to have the iPhone data plan, as well as the iPhone texting plan. You're not necessarily buying a new plan, just changing features. It wouldn't be like signing another contract, if that's what you're asking.

Being on TMobile is cheaper, 70.00 unlimited everything. Only feature you wouldnt get, is visual voice. Never had it to miss it.
    iPhone 4 Quote: Its so easy, a caveman can use it!