Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple keeping a track of Unlocked iPhones

Default Apple keeping a track of Unlocked iPhones
    Ok here's the thing. I bought this iPhone 4 from US n I brought it over to India cuz I study over here. I was able to jailbreak n unlock my iPhone n have been using it for more than 2 weeks or so. Here in india I have prepaid n I have 2 sims with 2 different carriers. I noticed that everytime I change my sim I get charged for an international msg being sent. I was wondering whether this is a way apple is keeping track of jailbroken or unlocked phones?? Has this happened with anyone else??

Here in India I don't know anyone with an iPhone 4 to try it out. But I'm just curious!....

Quote Originally Posted by a247racr View Post
    Ok here's the thing. I bought this iPhone 4 from US n I brought it over to India cuz I study over here. I was able to jailbreak n unlock my iPhone n have been using it for more than 2 weeks or so. Here in india I have prepaid n I have 2 sims with 2 different carriers. I noticed that everytime I change my sim I get charged for an international msg being sent. I was wondering whether this is a way apple is keeping track of jailbroken or unlocked phones?? Has this happened with anyone else??

Here in India I don't know anyone with an iPhone 4 to try it out. But I'm just curious!....
    Turn FaceTime off if you have it on, it sounds like it is trying to activate

It is Facetime. If you are not on an official carrier you should turn it off as to sends a text to the UK each time.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

I don't think it's FaceTime cuz the setting is turned off in my phone and it still happens. I'm guna go on Monday n get a list of txt msg sent from my carrier and see what number it send a msg to.