Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Non-US 3GS upgraded to 4.0.1 now stuck, can't activate! Anyone in CA can help?

Default Non-US 3GS upgraded to 4.0.1 now stuck, can't activate! Anyone in CA can help?
    I was helping my wife's sister to upgrade her iphone 3GS, I was not aware of the phone being a NON US model, it was purchased in China, gray market phone. possibily UK or AU phone.

so after upgraded to 4.0.1, it can not be activated. I tried my AT&T SIM and it says "The sim card inserted...not supported". I tried France O2 sim, Taiwan sim, China sim... none of them work, all same message.

i guess the only solution now is the DITS phonebook sim, but i don't know if she can wait that long...

Can someone in Los Angeles area help me out if you happen to have a DITS sim??

Any other solution? Downgrading isn't possible, SHSH was not saved. the phone was on 3.1.2 ver when I got it, not possible to save SHSH.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Cant you go to radioshack and get the phonebook SIM?

I heard that a phonebook SIM might not work anymore tho... Not 100% sure on that. Try a universal activation SIM maybe? I think you can find those on eBay or something...

Try the phonebook SIM and if it fails return it haha.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-08-12 at 05:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Radioshack doesn't have phonebook sim... They don't even know what that is. Lol

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Well everyone else says radioshack's the place to get them. Maybr your radioshack is stupid.

Try other mobile phone stores then.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

The model number will tell you which country it is from and that may help you determine which sim it needs.