Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: switching to iphone plz help

Default switching to iphone plz help
    i have a moto q phone and i bought a 3gs iphone from my friend its unlocked and jailbroke. I want to upgrade to the 4.01 firmware but i dont have a data plan on my moto q so what do i need to do to upgrade my iphone to 4.0.1 and keep it where i dont have a data plan. thanks very much everybody

can i just put my sim card in update to 4.0.1 jailbreak then unlock. i was just curious what would happen i didnt know if it would hang up in itunes cause my sim card isnt technically a iphone plan sim card. it is a legitimate at&t plan tho. i know im just rambling and not making sense thanks

if my sim card doesnt work what if i have my friends sim card (which he has a iphone data plan) put in my phone then activate and jailbreak?
    Last edited by derekbamadog; 2010-08-10 at 01:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Now do u have att?

Anyway if you update the firmware to 4.0.1 you wont need a data plan

You can jailbreak and unlock it. Make sure you back your SHSH files in cydia after you jailbreak. Simply tap "Make my life Easier" in Cydia if it hasnt been already.

You will need a sim card from the carrier the phone was from to at least get past the Emergency Screen to be able to Jailbreak through Jailbreakme.com and the unlock with ultrasn0w.

yes i have at&t just no data plan. i was worried that it would mess up in itunes whenever i was updating being i didnt have a data plan associated with my sim
    thanks