Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Refurb: Again need to unlock it AGAIN

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Refurb: Again need to unlock it AGAIN
    Hey guys, I have been jailbreaking and unlocking since the first iphone came out. I just received my 3rd 3G and it's been over a year since i have unlocked or jailbroken an iphone, so I am gonna need a little help. I know as the unlocks come available usually a tutorial follows it pretty closely so the Noobs do not have to get 1-on-1 help every hour of every day... But anyway back on track I want to unlock and jailbreak my 3G (NOT 3GS) and I want it to have the latest update available to unlock. I have the 4.0 pwnage tool but it doesn't give me an option for 3g..... wheres the actual tutorial and not This one because it doesn't get specific enough.

JB with jailbreakme.com (via your iphone in safari) and then go into cydia and you will see ultrasn0w to unlock. 5 mins max.

Your alternative is Redsnow to JB but the method above is quickest.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I wouldn't run 4.0 on your 3G. Stick with 3.1.3 or 3.1.2 until the AppStore apps demand that you have 4.0. It runs poorly. Basically downgrade to either firmware and use Blackra1n on 3.1.2 or Spirit on 3.1.3. Then unlock with ultrasnow.

4.0.1 runs pretty decently on my 3G. 4.0 was miserable though.