Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Safe Mode

Default Safe Mode
    My phone keeps booting up in safe mode and I can't install or uninstall anything. I get the following error:

/var/cache/apt/archives/com.sinfuliphone.appsync4_1.0.1_iphoneos-arm.deb trying to overwrite/usr/libexec/installed, which is also in package us.hackulo.appsync40.

My son was playing with my iphone and don't know if he did something. I had appsynce 4 installed from hackulo, and now it looks like appsync was also installed from sinfulphone? when i go to sinfulphone repo, it doesn't look like that appsync was fully installed and got stuck in the middle somehow and now all has gone to hell in a handbasket.

how can I get it to reboot normal and get rid of appsync 4 from sinful?

Thanks in advance.

im not 100% sure, but this happend to me this afternoon (the safemode part, not the error, just a sad iphone lockscreen). i did a hard/soft reset by holding the home button and sleep buttonn symiltaniously for 30 seconds and all seems to be fine for now.

NOTE: you will not loose any multimedia, contacts, APIs ect..

3. The Following User Says Thank You to aido2261 For This Useful Post:

Ranger666 (2010-08-10)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger666 View Post
    My phone keeps booting up in safe mode and I can't install or uninstall anything. I get the following error:

/var/cache/apt/archives/com.sinfuliphone.appsync4_1.0.1_iphoneos-arm.deb trying to overwrite/usr/libexec/installed, which is also in package us.hackulo.appsync40.

My son was playing with my iphone and don't know if he did something. I had appsynce 4 installed from hackulo, and now it looks like appsync was also installed from sinfulphone? when i go to sinfulphone repo, it doesn't look like that appsync was fully installed and got stuck in the middle somehow and now all has gone to hell in a handbasket.

how can I get it to reboot normal and get rid of appsync 4 from sinful?

Thanks in advance.
    We are not allowed to mentioned any piracy here.
    Anyway, I will tell you the solution if you have done it. If you have installed Rocks too, you can actually undo the mistake from Rocks, as Cydia will not appear in Safe Mode.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

Ranger666 (2010-08-10)

Quote Originally Posted by aido2261 View Post
    im not 100% sure, but this happend to me this afternoon (the safemode part, not the error, just a sad iphone lockscreen). i did a hard/soft reset by holding the home button and sleep buttonn symiltaniously for 30 seconds and all seems to be fine for now.

NOTE: you will not loose any multimedia, contacts, APIs ect..
    I tried this and now all I get is a bright white screen and can't do much.

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    We are not allowed to mentioned any piracy here.
    Anyway, I will tell you the solution if you have done it. If you have installed Rocks too, you can actually undo the mistake from Rocks, as Cydia will not appear in Safe Mode.
    Sorry, did not mean to mention you know what....but where can I find Rocks? I do have Cydia (in safe mode?) but can't find Rocks.
    Last edited by Ranger666; 2010-08-09 at 10:41 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

I guess you did not install Rockapps from Cydia. Next time , you should install Rocks , if you install something that messes up and go into Safe Mode, Cydia will not appear, you can go to Rocks to uninstall the problematic app that causes your Springboard to crash.

Now you will need to do a restore again, jailbreak and unlock again.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

Ranger666 (2010-08-10)

[QUOTE=Ranger666;5389254]I tried this and now all I get is a bright white screen and can't do much.

Might possibly be best to plug you phone into your pc and restore your idevice in itunes?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to aido2261 For This Useful Post:

Ranger666 (2010-08-10)

Oh well!
    I have resotred the phone thru itunes. Now the tedious job of getting all my crap on there.