Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2G 3.1.3 - broken button so no DFU - unlock ideas?

Question 2G 3.1.3 - broken button so no DFU - unlock ideas?
    A friend passed off a 2g iPhone that's been updated to 3.1.3. We're hoping to get a jailbreak and unlock, but the power button is broken so we can't put it in DFU mode.

Tried so far:
    Redsn0w - needs DFU
    sn0wbreeze - got the modded ipsw, but then 1604 error, can't ireb without DFU
    pwnage - needs DFU
    blackra1n - could use it with 3.1.2 and bootneuter, but don't know how to downgrade without DFU.

Any suggestions? Are there any ways I'm missing, or anyway to fully downgrade if I can't get it in DFU?

Thanks.

Im just in the same situation! canīt use my iphone at all. If you find some way to jailbreak it or unlock it post here please. Will do the same.

Thanks
    JailbreakMe doesnt work?

It would work, if we could activate the Iphone and access the Safari browser.

Is there any other way to pass the "emergency call only" screen that dont require the DFU mode?
    Thank you very much for your help guys.

I was able to get jailbreakme.com to work - try taking out the SIM allowed me to bypass emergency call only screen. This was a previously activated phone though, not sure if that makes a difference.

Problem is I still need an unlock. I haven't been able to find a cydia-based installer that works. I tried ultrasn0w last night, but it didn't work - I think maybe they removed 2g support for that app with the 4.0 update.

I'm suggesting to my friend that he get the power button issue fix. The ifixit breakdown is good, but a bit beyond my hardware expertise.

Yes, almost sure it was a previously activated phone, cause I restored mine without my sim, more than 6 times and no luck.

I already bought a new midframe thinking it was the issue, but my home button didnt work, guess what, the new midframe worked with other logicboard/motherboard. What you think it is?

I guess i will have to buy a new logic board.

Quote Originally Posted by xenonglow View Post
    I was able to get jailbreakme.com to work - try taking out the SIM allowed me to bypass emergency call only screen. This was a previously activated phone though, not sure if that makes a difference.

Problem is I still need an unlock. I haven't been able to find a cydia-based installer that works. I tried ultrasn0w last night, but it didn't work - I think maybe they removed 2g support for that app with the 4.0 update.

I'm suggesting to my friend that he get the power button issue fix. The ifixit breakdown is good, but a bit beyond my hardware expertise.
    I've been dealing with same issue for the past couple of days. I can't even really tell you how I got to the point where I was able to jailbreak the phone because I did so many steps multiple times there was no way to keep track. But somehow, I ended up activating it and was able to use my home wifi to access jailbreakme.com.

But it sounds like you've got that part taken care of too. Now for the awesome part! After SEVERAL different attempts at unlocking the phone google came through and I found this link: iPhone Different sim detected connect to itunes solution 100% - GSM-Forum

I literally just unlocked my phone right before I came here to post this (I had to come back and share because your post is one I found in my google searches earlier today). Anyway, I followed the instructions in that post and am now staring at my unlocked iphone.

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!

And now, I can sleep...lol

Good luck and hope this works for you too!