Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G[S] Unlocking

Default iPhone 3G[S] Unlocking
    Hello, I was wondering if there is absolutely NO way to UNLOCK an iPhone with iOS 4.1 and NO previous jailbreaking history? I can only manage to get "*-iphone-4.0.1.shsh" from the iPhone via Umbrella..
    It is; iPhone 3GS 32 GB / Baseband: 05.13.04 - 6.4_M3S2 / Model: MC133KN/A..

I dont really care if it's jailbroken, all I want to do is UNLOCK it - so I can use it with another carrier..

If this is not possible yet, could anyone PLEASE tell me when it will be possible?!

Thanks in advance!!

It's possible.

Go to jailbreakme.com on your iphone via safari to JB.

Then install ultrasnow through cydia.

Job Done!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to eyeRobot For This Useful Post:

mcmorland (2010-08-09)

Quote Originally Posted by westonben View Post
    It's possible.

Go to jailbreakme.com on your iphone via safari to JB.

Then install ultrasnow through cydia.

Job Done!
    Thanks for the quick reply and the help..
    But my problem is that it says "Please insert a valid SIM-card to activate your phone." - And I don't have this, since I got the phone from a friend in another country... :-(

Ok, that's a different question! You need to activate your phone first. That needs to be done with a sim card from the original carrier (doesn't have to be active) or you can use an address book sim:

http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news...-sim-card.html

6. The Following User Says Thank You to eyeRobot For This Useful Post:

iPh0neX (2010-08-08)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPh0neX View Post
    Hello, I was wondering if there is absolutely NO way to UNLOCK an iPhone with iOS 4.1 and NO previous jailbreaking history? I can only manage to get "*-iphone-4.0.1.shsh" from the iPhone via Umbrella..
    It is; iPhone 3GS 32 GB / Baseband: 05.13.04 - 6.4_M3S2 / Model: MC133KN/A..

I dont really care if it's jailbroken, all I want to do is UNLOCK it - so I can use it with another carrier..

If this is not possible yet, could anyone PLEASE tell me when it will be possible?!

Thanks in advance!!
    Read Here

hope it's help

Thanks man! I will try this as soon as I get a phonecard SIM-card.
    Is there any chance to activate it if I have the original SIM-card (it was in the phone, do'h!)?
    I don't have the PIN or PUK code tho.. :-\
    Thanks again btw! :-D
    Last edited by iPh0neX; 2010-08-08 at 12:47 PM.

Yes, with the original sim in the phone and connect it itunes it will activate no problems. I've got an old AT&T sim card I use. Then just jailbreakme and ultrasnow - you're done!

Quote Originally Posted by iPh0neX View Post
    Thanks, will try!
    Link above doesn't advise on your activation issue, but if you have the sim you're fine.
    Last edited by eyeRobot; 2010-08-08 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by westonben View Post
    Yes, with the original sim in the phone and connect it itunes it will activate no problems. I've got an old AT&T sim card I use. Then just jailbreakme and ultrasnow - you're done!

Link above doesn't advise on your activation issue, but if you have the sim you're fine.
    Thank you again man, but I don't have the PIN or PUK code, and iTunes tells me that the card is locked with a PIN or PUK code... So I cannot activate it :-(

You are going to have to borrow a friends original sim card or get one from ebay or go the route on the link above about address book sim.

In the UK? Try maplin or ebay or see if your preferred provider has one in their store for you to use.

It sounds like the card you've got is locked
    Last edited by eyeRobot; 2010-08-08 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

hey im having issues unlocking my iphone 3gs can't getpawnage app to use firmware?

Rugby, could do with a bit more info?

You can download custom firmware if you are having probs with pwnage tool. Just google for the ipsw file.

I have read about the phonebook SIM-Card solution, but is there any other way?...

Can ANYONE help me ? Please!!!
    Last edited by iPh0neX; 2010-08-09 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Anyone knows why Cydia can't load ultrasn0w? I typed in org instead of com, the phone has been showing Updating Sources with no change in site. Any idea...