Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 4 ultrasn0w 1.0-1 no service

Default iphone 4 ultrasn0w 1.0-1 no service
    ultrasn0w is great, but.........whenever i insert my provider sim i get searching...then no service....the sim is cut fine because it reads my phone number.....on startup the phone says searching....then a "waiting for activation" message appears simultaneously with no service.
    does this have anything to do with it??

itried:
    rebooting
    airplane mode on off
    take out sim
    restoring, updating, rejailbreaking, reunlocking
    any ideas??

I have similar issue trying to use a micro-sim for iPad into my iPhone. Any solution?

Thanks
    i have the same problem, and mine as an original micro sim from my provider (they wont have the iPhone 4 for a couple of months..) yesterday the unlock worked great, but from what i hear itunes did something yesterday that lets the phone work only with the sim that activated it.. i need a fix bad!

giving this a go atm
    Fix "THE SIM CARD DOES NOT APPEAR TO BE SUPPORTED" problem - Hackint0sh

well: so far so good, the phone seems to work great. I'll keep declining the "carrier update" and see if it stays good
    Last edited by MkUltra; 2010-08-07 at 01:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default Special sim?
    Quote Originally Posted by MkUltra View Post
    i have the same problem, and mine as an original micro sim from my provider (they wont have the iPhone 4 for a couple of months..) yesterday the unlock worked great, but from what i hear itunes did something yesterday that lets the phone work only with the sim that activated it.. i need a fix bad!

giving this a go atm

well: so far so good, the phone seems to work great. I'll keep declining the "carrier update" and see if it stays good
    Did you use the special SIM they are selling? Or did it work without that? And were you getting the No Service message?

Quote Originally Posted by MkUltra View Post

giving this a go atm

Tried all the steps in the link provided, but I'm still stuck on "No Service"
    Last edited by shockwaver; 2010-08-07 at 07:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    funny enough i got my phonebook SIM from them, through eBay, long before i know about this guide.
    as you can see here: Twitpic - Share photos on Twitter
    I didn't get the msg he's on about, all I had as i explained in my thread is major reception issues, and it kept saying "no service", and once I open my SIM tray to see if that would help, i got this msg when i reinserted the SIM: Twitpic - Share photos on Twitter
    so I decided to try his guide, and so far the phone seems to work great again.
    but when ever i get promoted with that "Carrier settings update" I decline.
    if the phone keeps working tomorrow all day, I'll assume this solved the problem for good, and hope a fix comes out to make that msg go away for good.

when u follow the steps, make sure that you restore the phone with no SIM in the phone, then unplug the phone and insert the SIM and reconnect the phone to the PC\Mac.
    as soon as you see the phone has been Activated, remove the SIM and keep following the steps, DO NOT do anything with iTunes as far as setting up the phone with the phonebook SIM inside. that's pretty much all I did, and like I said, so far so good.

PS- here is the ebay link iPhone 4 Micro Activation Sim Card also for 3gs, 3g, 2g - eBay (item 180535603317 end time Aug-19-10 03:02:22 PDT)
    I paid about $25 with shipping, which is kinda high I know, but I didn't want to get an AT&T car that might not work, or deal with SIM cutting..
    and I know the auction says a micro SIM with adapter, but I got a cut dits card as well as a new uncut one, so I'm happy.
    Last edited by MkUltra; 2010-08-07 at 08:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

everything works with my sim except the no service message

Default I had same problem, but fixed it
    I had the same problem after jailbreaking and unlocking, searched everywhere and couldn't find any solution...
    However after rebooting, removing the SIM, airplane mode, etc it still didn't work.
    I was able to get the provider logo for a short while, then it went off. After about an hour I got the provider for a minute or more, but unable to make a call or receive a call.
    After all together two hours it just started to work, no idea why...
    But it could be that when I did the redsn0w I clicked on the heart and that was supposed to send my phone ID somewhere, maybe that took two hours to get 'approved'?

If it doesn't work for you install redsn0w again and make sure you click on the heart link, then wait until the phone works again.

If it works, let others know, since there is really no one telling people how to fix this...

Quote Originally Posted by PerLynge View Post
    I had the same problem after jailbreaking and unlocking, searched everywhere and couldn't find any solution...
    However after rebooting, removing the SIM, airplane mode, etc it still didn't work.
    I was able to get the provider logo for a short while, then it went off. After about an hour I got the provider for a minute or more, but unable to make a call or receive a call.
    After all together two hours it just started to work, no idea why...
    But it could be that when I did the redsn0w I clicked on the heart and that was supposed to send my phone ID somewhere, maybe that took two hours to get 'approved'?

If it doesn't work for you install redsn0w again and make sure you click on the heart link, then wait until the phone works again.

If it works, let others know, since there is really no one telling people how to fix this...
    well the problem is were using ultrasn0w on iphone 4.....not redsn0w....and ultrasn0w doesnt have any hearts

Default Stopped working...
    Sorry guys... my phone did work for several hours, but after installing some stuff in Cydia and I had to reboot it doesn't work again... I tried everything and gave up.
    I will be re-installing everything and hope it will work, some other forums mentioned to do this without the SIM plugged in, so I will try that

i have the same problem

I've tried the iPad SIM in a rogers iPhone, can't get it to work. Tried in an unlocked AT&T phone (Ultrasn0w 1.0-1). Rebooting, restoring, different APN settings, airplane mode, everything I can think of but on both phones I still get "No Service". If I stick an activated Rogers iPhone SIM in my unlocked AT&T iphone, I get full service right away - so I know the phone is fully unlocked.

It almost appears that Rogers is blocking the iPad SIMs from being used in an iPhone.

I broke down and picked up a new Rogers SIM, activated with only the $30/mnth data plan.. and it works perfectly. The problem has to be the iPad sim.. looks like rogers is blocking the iphone IMEIs on it.
    Last edited by shockwaver; 2010-08-10 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

So .. you manage to make it works ? You used a regular size Rogers SIM card and you simply activated a iPad data plan on it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Z0RrO View Post
    So .. you manage to make it works ? You used a regular size Rogers SIM card and you simply activated a iPad data plan on it ?
    It's not an iPad plan, it's a rocket stick plan. There was no way for the rogers rep to activate the ipad plan on a sim (He was showing me the screens that let him activate the sim).

ithinq that I need a new sim.... I heard a number of times that getting a new sim fixed this issue... I have to say that I did cut my sim alittle too small

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I just unlocked my iPhone 4. Had the No sim and invalid sim error. This is how I fixed it:
    Uninstall ultrasn0w - phone will restart.
    After it boots up, power off and power back on
    Re-install ultrasn0w.
    If still no service or searching, power off and back on again.
    Done

I've had to do this every time I play with the network settings. Trying to get mms and internet working. Settings are as they should be, but still not working. So every time I try changing any of the input fields, I lose service, but when I uninstall/reinstall ultrasn0w, I'm back up and can make and receive calls and send sms.

hopes this helps.

edit:

I'm also using T-Mobile, and cut the sim down to size myself.
    Last edited by mavrik101; 2010-08-13 at 01:07 AM.

Hi,

what I am trying to do is to use a iPad sim card (from Rogers) and put it into my phone in order to have access to their iPad data plan (which is quite cheap).

When I put the iPad sim into my phone, I get the "No service". I did what "mavrik101" recommend but in vain ...

Still "No service"