Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS 4.0.1 activation issue

Default iPhone 3GS 4.0.1 activation issue
    I have a jailbroken iPhone 3GS. Upgraded it to official 4.0.1..then used jailbreakme.com to jb, ultrasn0w to unlock..everything was ok..until a friend came to me and restored the iPhone to the 4.0.1 from iTunes. Now the phone says it needs to be activated and I do not have the original sim..I don't even know what network was the original sim.

What are my choices? Besides the phonebook card...which i don't have

tnx in advance

note: i tried downgrading to 3.1.2...itunes said the phone is not eligible for this upgrade...i also tried to install a custom 4.0 via pwntool...itunes gives error 1600..im all out of ideeas
    Last edited by vexx; 2010-08-07 at 01:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

You can check the carrier model from here :
    iPhone Carrier List – Model Numbers|TGIL, Inc
    If your iphone comes from Canada, you will have a little problem. There are 3 carriers in Canada that uses Iphone. All have the same model, the only difference , it is locked to each individual carrier.
    I suggest you get the official sim card after checking where your iphone comes from. This is your only way out.
    If you activate with phonebook sim card, you might have to patch the Lockdown file to ensure it is unlocked for all GSM.
    If you don't have 3.1.2 shsh blogs, then you can't downgrade in order to hactivate your iphone.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

vexx (2010-08-07)

how can i check if I have the 3.1.2 shsh on cydia btw? ya..i tried downgrading, no luck...about the lockdown file, was not aware of that...can you give me a link or anything so I can see what's that?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Download tinyUmbrella and then check whether your shsh is saved with cydia. If not, am sorry you can't downgrade to 3.1.2. Use this link-http://www.funkyspacemonkey.com/tinyumbrella-save-iphone-ipod-touch-ipads-shsh-blobs.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to quaz444 For This Useful Post:

vexx (2010-08-07)

tnx, i've already checked with tiny umbrella..and I don't have any shsh saved so basicly, i need to wait for a new hactivation for 4.0.1 right? i hate my life lol

it's nice...the list...however, how can i see the model number of my phone, if I can't get past the emergency screen? lol
    Last edited by vexx; 2010-08-07 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i have the same problem here... 3gs upgraded to 4.0.1 now can't activate.

Default i can help you
    email me ,[email protected] / i can solve your problem

not in Toronto i'm affraid...i've ordered a phonebook sim from ebay

Last edited by 3gsactivation; 2010-09-07 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I put att card and pass the emergency screen look for yours it worked for me