Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Battery Draining after ultrasn0w unlock!

Quote Originally Posted by n1c3jack3t View Post
    I'm really curious on some of your guys' usage and standby times. Do a lot of iPhone users not actually use their phone? I know I'm texting, e-mailing, on the internet, and making calls pretty consistently throughout each day. I don't think I've ever gone a day where my phone sits around for 15+ hours with only 8 minutes of usage.
    Been double checking my standby time trying not to use the phone because the way it was draining before was pretty bad. 5% an hour while in standby with everything off, even with phone on airplane mode was terrible.

Now I am very sure the standby time was improved with the ultrasn0w update. My results have been reconfirmed.

Can stop testing battery drain and go back to using phone normally.... Finally!!!!!!!!

Change to normal mode.I find difficult toChange from exit safe mode
    Last edited by damodaranmanohar; 2010-08-20 at 06:17 AM.

Unlock is still draining the hell out of my battery. I've been traveling in the UK for the past two weeks and if I don't leave the phone in airplane mode when I don't need data, I'm lucky to get 5hrs of use out of it. I've ripped/reinstalled both mobilesubstrate and ultrasn0w to no avail. When I cross over into France I might just say **** it and not buy a new sim and just use wifi when I can. Le sighe.

Problem solved with the update. Thanks planetbeing.

Default Battery Drain
    Dear All, I have Iphone 4 running on 4.1 old baseband using with T-Mobile. I noticed that when I turn off cellular data network the battery drainage is like 1% every hour but as soon as I turn it back On its like 15-18 % every hour. Please help !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well obviously the phone is going to use more battery with cellular data on since it is communicating with the towers. If you live in a area of poor reception it will be even worst.

Have you turned off 3G, Since T-Mobile does not support 3G on the iphone if you leave it on you are wasting battery life.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to nebo1ss For This Useful Post:

johhny4u (2010-11-14)

Quote Originally Posted by nebo1ss View Post
    Well obviously the phone is going to use more battery with cellular data on since it is communicating with the towers. If you live in a area of poor reception it will be even worst.

Have you turned off 3G, Since T-Mobile does not support 3G on the iphone if you leave it on you are wasting battery life.
    3G is turned off and where i Live and work reception is great. I have a 3gs i am using with tmobile with cellular data on, Itonly drains like 2% - 3% every hour.

Help is appreciated.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789