Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Battery Draining after ultrasn0w unlock!

ok now i really have no doubts its perfect!!!!

6hours standby 99%, by now whitout the update i should be around 75%

That's awesome cometman. Which substrate are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by thadoggfather View Post
    People on updated ultrasn0w reporting much better battery, which version of mobilesubstrate are you using? Thanks!
    The latest MS, 0.9.3228-1. Installed the newest ultrasn0w at noon on about 75% battery. 7 o'clock PST with normal usage, now at 60%. Not bad. I did a respring after the unlock, so my usage is blank at the moment.

That's awesome cometman. Which substrate are you using?
    using the latest 0.9.3228-1

so happy now!!! hope you all can resolve your battery issues as well they are so anoying

It's strange you're getting much better battery life than n1c3jacket but both on the same substrate.

It's strange you're getting much better battery life than n1c3jacket but both on the same substrate.
    maybe because i made a fresh restore (new phone)/JB/unlock today

and had my battery fully charged, it usually stucks at 100% more time than in other % below
    Last edited by CometMan; 2010-08-12 at 04:13 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone louee6's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Draining Battery...
    I defintely can see the difference. When I say i was about to put my 3Gs on craigslist, I was literally that close. I'm so glad these guys came ou with a fix, cause I was loosing 5% about every hour, ann about 2% every hour while in sleep mode. Thanks again for the hard work Guys!!
    Behind every successful man is a surprised woman

brilliant fix...after update..left the phone to charge overnight...in the morning still 100%

I wasn't complaining! A 15% drop with 2 hours of iPod, plus texting and wifi stretched across 7 hours...it's awesome. The other guy had 6 hours standby...I imagine he wasn't using the phone.

Default ultrasn0w update didn't work for me.
    I'm still having the issue on the new version of ulstrasn0w.

I had been experiencing a 1% battery drop every 15 mins on my iPhone4 while in standby and eventually narrowed the cause down to my Jailbreak / ultrasn0w.

Last night I did a fresh restore (IOS 4.01) and did nothing other than Jailbreak and install the latest ultrasn0w (1.1.1)... but I still got the same battery drain

As of this morning, I've put the phone back to factory (and loaded it up with apps etc - but without the Jailbreak / ultrasn0w) and my battery drain is normal again (more like 1% per hour).

Major improvement with the updated ultrasn0w

Did you restore the settings as well? I'm kind of in the same situation... For all those whose their phones improved... What do u have installed from cydia? Anyone with bitesms and firewall?

Quote Originally Posted by takumahabu View Post
    Did you restore the settings as well? I'm kind of in the same situation... For all those whose their phones improved... What do u have installed from cydia? Anyone with bitesms and firewall?
    Try going without firewall ip. I'm sure that daemon running in the background isn't helping much. Do you really have a need for an iPhone firewall? Just curious. I did not restore.

Activator
    afc2add
    Backgrounder (the overrides are awesome to set only apps you actually want to background natively)
    Infinifolders
    NoAccessorySplash iOS4
    Notifier
    QuickReply for SMS
    Remove Recents
    SBSettings
    ultrasn0w

Ok so I restored to 4.0.1...then JB...then UL....but now my Cellular Data Network settings isn't there.... :/ And now I have internet tethering which I can't turn off. The loading ring just keeps going round and round beside the internet tethering. Is this normal?? Don't really care about the cellular data..but the internet tethering thing is kinda bothering me...anyone know how to turn it off/disable it?

Quote Originally Posted by samin0786 View Post
    Ok so I restored to 4.0.1...then JB...then UL....but now my Cellular Data Network settings isn't there.... :/ And now I have internet tethering which I can't turn off. The loading ring just keeps going round and round beside the internet tethering. Is this normal?? Don't really care about the cellular data..but the internet tethering thing is kinda bothering me...anyone know how to turn it off/disable it?
    As for your tethering issue, do you get a signal on your iphone? What I think is that it is trying to gather the information from your carrier but it will eventually stop and show that it is turned off. That's what mine did AFAIK. I may be wrong but just a thought.

For your Cellular Data Network tab, just pop out your simcard and put it back in and it should resolve that part. If not, try rebooting and that should do the trick.

As for the updated ultrasn0w, it is working like a charm for me. I charged my IP4 overnight and unplugged it at 6 am this morning and made one call at 8:30am and it is now 9:15 am CST and I still have 100% of battery charge. Now I'm fully satisfied with my IP4. Thank you Devteam!!!
    Last edited by imvirus; 2010-08-12 at 04:16 PM.

For people with no battery drain, did you install ultrasn0w do the mandatory reboot then turn the phone off and back on again? Once you turn the phone off and on again (even if days down the road). There is more battery drain. Still, the results are much better.

Major, major improvement for me with the updated ultrasnow.

It took exactly 12 min usage and 9 hours 23 min standby to go from 100% to 99%. (have wifi, 3g and data on).
    Before I would lose 5% per hour on standby with everything off, even on airplane mode.

I also upgraded to the new MS.

Rebooted the phone but did not restore anything.

I find after a forced reboot of installing ultrasn0w you don't see a carrier settings tab in settings menu. After powering the phone on and off, you do and more battery drain. Still this is a good improvement over 1.0-1

If you do a "reset network settings" will it botch the unlock? I've heard something to do with resetting network settings fixes the battery drain...
    Last edited by thadoggfather; 2010-08-12 at 04:47 PM.

I find after a forced reboot of installing ultrasn0w you don't see a carrier settings tab in settings menu. After powering the phone on and off, you do and more battery drain. Still this is a good improvement over 1.0-1
    I did the force reboot after installing the unltrasn0w update. The carrier settings tab was not there but it appeared shortly when I got a signal. For me, the update has improved my IP4's battery life. It's almost 4 hrs since I unplugged it and it's still on 100% battery charge. But take note that I only made one phone call and checked my emails this morning and it has been on stand by since 8:35am CST. I unplugged it at 6am CST.

I don't think resetting the network settings will harm the unlock nor fix battery issue (if you are still having one). A lot of IP4 owners have tried that method but to no avail.

If you want to dare to try, turn your phone off and on again and let me know if it has more battery drain. I would imagine at some point you have to turn your phone off and on again (or it will completely run out of juice, and same thing).

I think that's when the problem kicks in.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast