Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Battery Draining after ultrasn0w unlock!

I too have the battery problem. I lose about 20% when on standby overnight. It's not normal. My 2G lost only 3-4% overnight.

I don't think it's ultrasn0w because I don't have it installed. I have a factory unlocked iPhone.

I removed the CommCenterNoSig patch. hope it changes anything. I will report tomorrow after an overnight charge.

The other Jailbreak apps I use are

MobileSubtrate
    SBSSettings
    Activator
    Signal
    PDF loading warner
    Preference Loader
    3G Unrestrictor

Quote Originally Posted by kdhoe View Post
    I too have the battery problem. I lose about 20% when on standby overnight. It's not normal. My 2G lost only 3-4% overnight.

I don't think it's ultrasn0w because I don't have it installed. I have a factory unlocked iPhone.

I removed the CommCenterNoSig patch. hope it changes anything. I will report tomorrow after an overnight charge.

The other Jailbreak apps I use are

MobileSubtrate
    SBSSettings
    Activator
    Signal
    PDF loading warner
    Preference Loader
    3G Unrestrictor
    yes that is the drainage i also have, every night 20% exactly in around 8hours of standby, there is a huge thread in apple foruns about this and i dont believe those users are talking of JB and ultrasn0w, and they are blaming the 4.0.1 FW, so i dont believe the current problem is because of ultrasn0w despite some users says that removing ultrasn0w battery goes back to normal

Quote Originally Posted by CometMan View Post
    yes that is the drainage i also have, every night 20% exactly in around 8hours of standby, there is a huge thread in apple foruns about this and i dont believe those users are talking of JB and ultrasn0w, and they are blaming the 4.0.1 FW, so i dont believe the current problem is because of ultrasn0w despite some users says that removing ultrasn0w battery goes back to normal
    I think in addition to everyone giving their MS version and whether they use ultrasn0w, people should also give their firmware version to help stratify the issues more.

Quote Originally Posted by CometMan View Post
    Well has anyone been having this problem on 4.0 I'm sure a few people have mentioned they are on 4.0

Quote Originally Posted by kmmxracer View Post
    Well has anyone been having this problem on 4.0 I'm sure a few people have mentioned they are on 4.0
    i am on 4.0.1 as stated above, and i didn`t save my shsh blobs

is there anyway of downgrading to 4.0?

currently using MS 3226
    Last edited by CometMan; 2010-08-10 at 11:25 PM.

i had the same problem on 4.0.....thats why i decided to upgrade to 4.0.1 thinking it would change the draining problem....but it didn't...i still think its because of the MS and the different extensions/add ons...most people who are complaining about the battery drain...have MS installed...there are a few who don't...not really sure whats going on with that...b/c when i was just JB and nothing else...my battery was fine.

Planetbeing will be looking into the battery situation within the next 24 hours.
    He just updated his twitter: planetbeing (planetbeing) on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by ahenrichsen View Post
    Planetbeing will be looking into the battery situation within the next 24 hours.
    He just updated his twitter: planetbeing (planetbeing) on Twitter
    finnaly, someone that can solve the mistery already looking into it

Ok, got the result from my testing, and 3209 is the same thing as both 3226 and 3228. I have here 86% remaining with
    Usage: 1h5min stand by: 6h18min. But one thing I noticed was that the facetime toggle disappeared, and th ephone is a lot warmer then normally.

Im really tired of this battery testing. I cant use my phone for 1minute without looking at the battery percentage.

Thas pretty good to hear, I hope planetbeing can solve this issue, cause im afraid its killing my battery life.

Abras

Strange thing happened to my iphone! From yesterday 10 pm to now (3 pm), the battery only lost 10%. 16 hours standby, 28 mins usage. The only thing I did is turn it off for 2 hours and charge to 100% and stay for a while(continuing charging.) I did not remove ultrasn0w or down grade the version. I can't understand what make this happen, but now, I am very satisfied with the battery.

@planetbeing just said on twitter that he is looking into the battery issue. He thinks he has an idea on what is causing the battery drainage. But I also see that people without jailbreak are complaining. Hmmm.....Twitter / planetbeing: Give me a day to see if I ...
    Twitter / planetbeing: Could be that we don't let ...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lj22s For This Useful Post:

CometMan (2010-08-11)

Quote Originally Posted by lj22s View Post
    @planetbeing just said on twitter that he is looking into the battery issue. He thinks he has an idea on what is causing the battery drainage. But I also see that people without jailbreak are complaining. Hmmm.....Twitter / planetbeing: Give me a day to see if I ...
    Twitter / planetbeing: Could be that we don't let ...
    God damn good news now lets hope he can find the cause

i am tired of hitting the home button and seeing a live drop of battery % of 1% in some cases 3%

tired of looking at battery %

According to Dev_Team: "ultrasn0w upgraded to version 1.1-1 we've tweaked a few things that may help with standby battery life, you can upgrade via Cydia."

Hope that gonna solve our battery drain.

I upgraded and I stil lost 2% in the last hour from very minor usage.

2 hours standby and at 99%. New ultrasn0w update might have fixed the battery issue.

2h50min standby light usage 1 call, turned from 100% to 99% almost 3 hours later

yes!!! i think the update cured my iphone looking good now!!!

will continue testing

way better than the 5% per hour
    Last edited by CometMan; 2010-08-12 at 02:05 AM.

i guess i have bad luck

Great to hear. I will test it tomorrow as I drain the rest of the battery now. But i must say, Im stuck at 15% for almost 2hours now. This must be a good sign. Lets see. Btw, with the mobile substrate downgrade and sutff, I lost facetime, does anyone knows how to get it back without restoring?

Abras

98%

Usage: 25 Minutes
    Standby: 4 hours 20 Minutes

People on updated ultrasn0w reporting much better battery, which version of mobilesubstrate are you using? Thanks!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast