Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 167

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iPhone 4 Battery Draining after ultrasn0w unlock!

  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by gokart View Post
    Are you guys absolutely sure it's Mobile Substrate?

    I removed ultrasn0w last night and my battery life increased dramatically. I just checked and Mobile Substrate is still installed in my packages... is it just not being used?
    Well, personally I think it's not just due to MobileSubstrate or ultrasn0w alone. It seems to be the way ultrasn0w runs WITH MobileSubtrate. MobileSubtrate alone without ultrasn0w will not drain the battery too badly, but when you turn on the ultrasn0w then it will kill the battery insanely. However, the battery drainage of ultrasn0w is different with different versions of MobileSubtrate, at least for me. Under 3209 and latest version of MobileSubtrate+ultrasn0w, I get a drainage around 5% per hour. However, under 3226 MobileSubtrate+ultrasn0w I only drained 1-2% per hour.

  2. #82
    Under 3226+ultrasn0w, do you see a carrier tab in the settings menu?

    Just curious.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by thadoggfather View Post
    Under 3226+ultrasn0w, do you see a carrier tab in the settings menu?

    Just curious.
    whit the 3226, yes i do

    3209 is worst for me than 3226, so performing more time in 3226

    whit the 3209 had 2 3mins calls, took a couple of pictures, passed from 35 to 19% in 2 hours, so no good for me whit the 3209

    testing more time whit the 3226

  4. #84
    Maybe when you're done with testing battery life on 3226, can you see if google maps freezes up as users report?

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by gokart View Post
    Are you guys absolutely sure it's Mobile Substrate?

    I removed ultrasn0w last night and my battery life increased dramatically. I just checked and Mobile Substrate is still installed in my packages... is it just not being used?
    Same here. Currently at 94% with 30 mins usage 12 hours standby.. With ultrasn0w I would have been down to about 40% by now. I dropped 1% in 8 hours overnight while I was asleep last night, other nights was dropping 40% before I uninstalled ultrasn0w

  6. #86
    Yes. I think is the combination of ultrasn0w with mobile substrate. In my tests, 3226 appear to be the same as 3209, but I got the results using 2 different phones (both with the same kind of usage). I have now my 3226 with 26% remaining with 1h20min of usage and 1day1h of standby.

    Got the third phone now, which is running the latest mobile substrate. It has 23% of battery remaining and a 4h usage and 1day4h of standby. So 3226 is not better then the latest mobile substrate, it just appears to be, cause I think we are all getting used to this shitty battery. Im going to try to remove both mobile substrate and ultrasn0w and test 3209 here.

    Abras
    Last edited by AbrasBR; 2010-08-10 at 12:36 AM.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    Same here. Currently at 94% with 30 mins usage 12 hours standby.. With ultrasn0w I would have been down to about 40% by now. I dropped 1% in 8 hours overnight while I was asleep last night, other nights was dropping 40% before I uninstalled ultrasn0w
    wow 1% in 8 hours overnight...God i miss that...my 3gs was a battery eater, but at least he eats when i used it hard...not in standby, i miss charging 100% and have 99% in the end of the day if no calls or light usage.

    after trying 3209, 3225, 3226 (current) i dont believe its making any difference, i will charge 100% and show results of a full charge, but in standby all of mobile substrate`s consume more then they should
    Last edited by CometMan; 2010-08-10 at 12:39 AM.

  8. #88
    i'm still waiting for my factory unlocked phone to be sent here from my cousin in canada so i don't have to deal with ultrasn0w anymore...

  9. #89
    Someone posted this. Don't know if it works or not.

    Battery drain issue - resolved for now
    After a week long trial and error and tested on 3 iphones 3GS (2 brand new with new bootrom and a one year old) and 1 iphone 4, all works with very reasonable battery drain now. All I need was reset all settings after removing the ATT SIM and before UL and putting in TMO SIM.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by zarabean View Post
    Someone posted this. Don't know if it works or not.

    Battery drain issue - resolved for now
    After a week long trial and error and tested on 3 iphones 3GS (2 brand new with new bootrom and a one year old) and 1 iphone 4, all works with very reasonable battery drain now. All I need was reset all settings after removing the ATT SIM and before UL and putting in TMO SIM.
    can you explain better this procedure, my english is good but not that good, where did you read this?

    all we need to do is reset all settings before inserting the sim to use whit the ultrasn0w???

  11. #91
    I can't explain more~~. Some one send me this without further information. Sorry

    Quote Originally Posted by CometMan View Post
    can you explain better this procedure, my english is good but not that good, where did you read this?

    all we need to do is reset all settings before inserting the sim to use whit the ultrasn0w???

  12. #92
    hum... dont really believe that reseting all settings will do the trick, but still worth the shot

    removed ultrasn0w
    rebooted
    reset all settings
    reinstalled ultrasn0w
    still whit 3226 mobile substrate

    giving it a full charge

    lets see if the drainage got any better...

  13. #93
    Yes, will do the same thing here.

    Already drained my phone.
    Will remove mobilesubstrate, therefore, ultrasn0w is being removed too.
    Install MS 3209
    Reset All Settings
    Install UltraSnow
    Reset All Settings
    And give it a full charge.

    Tomorrow I post the results. I hope it gets better. For me the issue is within mobilesubstrate + ultrasn0w. When both work together. Lets see.

  14. #94
    So tested 3209 over night.....charged to a 100% ...8 hours and 51 minutes of standby.....and i am at 84%.... ....not so good...

    I will try that other method...with the 'reset all settings' in between the steps.

  15. #95
    well reseted all settings

    full charged and i believe the things got better so far

    have 6mins usage and 2h40 standby 98% not impressive but better

    i believe that the standby 5% hour drain is gone

    but i thing i noticed different
    no bytes received or sent this time so no connecting to cellular data to receive or send ghost data like before

    note i have mobile substrate 3226 installed


    update: must be from being 100% charged that stayed a litle in 100%
    already pushed the home button to see battery changes the 2 times i pushed i saw moving from 98 to 97 %
    and second time from 97 to 96% didnt do anyhting just pressed the home button 2 times
    still eating for me
    will continue to test to the end of the day

    update 2: nothing changed, bytes received and sent started again, battery drain down to 95%
    will try again the reset all settings

    edit 3: a pic of the stats,i guess the initial excitment was about getting stuck a bit in 100% but it appears to be the same

    dont understand why i have bytes received and sent did acess to internet or email 1 single time
    Last edited by CometMan; 2010-08-10 at 04:42 PM.

  16. #96
    Just finished giving full charge, and installing 3209. Did all the reset all settings between the process.
    One thing I noticed was that the facetime toggle inside settings > phone is no longer there. Maybe this was the famous facetime issue comex was talking before releasing the jailbreak. Anyways I will start to test it now, and will post the results later.

    Abras

  17. #97
    Ok so heres the update on my 3209 from 100% to 37% Usage - 2 hours 16 minutes Standby - 20 hours 56 minutes.

    Compared to 3226 which from 100 to 20% Usage - 3 hours 2 minutes Standby 23 hours 56 minutes.

    Will update the final at the end. I'm getting pretty frustrated doing all these battery tests...lol...wish i could just use the phone without having to look at the battery percentage all the time...anyways...let us all know about any new results!

  18. #98
    I hate to say it but I think the problem is with ultrasn0w itself. Since planetbeing won't admit the issue exists it would appear we're all going to have to wait for an alternative unlock

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by gokart View Post
    I hate to say it but I think the problem is with ultrasn0w itself. Since planetbeing won't admit the issue exists it would appear we're all going to have to wait for an alternative unlock
    I totally doubt that would happen any time soon... GeoHot is gone from the scene and if I remember correctly, only him and Dev-Team were the people who did unlocks.

  20. #100
    this is very frustrating...if at least they were working on it, but they wont even admit it is very sad , they did a great job, but this battery drain is driving me nuts

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •