Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Battery Draining after ultrasn0w unlock!

i think for those of us with only the JB and UL....i think the problem is mobilesubstrate.....the other thread has gone into details about so many different applications...im gonna stick to this thread now...AbrasBR...let us know of the results with the different versions...I noticed that on 3226 my standby is better...but usage drains pretty bad.....i don't mind charging my battery a little more often...but i just hope that this isn't ruining our batteries... :/ that would suck.

test update on 3226 charged to full 100% now @ 20% Usage - 3 hours 2 minutes standby - 23 hours 56 minutes
    Last edited by samin0786; 2010-08-09 at 12:48 PM.

I'm pretty convinced it's ultrasn0w now. I JB'd my iPhone 4 and installed ultrasn0w as soon as I got it and was really unimpressed with the battery life ever since. I was dropping around 5% an hour on standby. I uninstalled ultrasn0w and am now dropping around 1% an hour on standby! Luckily I don't need ultrasn0w for now as I'm using the carrier I'm locked to. I think I can call up and get an unlock for free anyway if I ever need to.

thanks for the replys guys but can anyone tell me how to check the current mobile substrate in use and where to check it? i dont know if what i am doing is currently installing and using the wanted substrate

edit: i guess i figured it out, i am using 3226, i guess is well installed because when i enter cydia it tells me to upgrade to 3228 so its ok, will be testing 3226 in the next hours
    Last edited by CometMan; 2010-08-09 at 04:00 PM.

I am also having the same problem after the unlock. I tried turning everything off (data, push email, notifications, location services), I uninstalled all programs, and restored twice and still my battery drains at 5% per hour. I thought it could be the fact that I am using a non-iphone data plan with a non-iphone APN but this would be corrected by turning cellular data off. Anyways, I tried 3226 and it is a bit better, from 100% it went down to 80% in 9 hours with 15 minutes of use. Before I would have lost 30 % in 8 hours with 10 minutes of use.

Ok, for now, I only have my 3226 with me. The other 2 I will have tonight.
    I have 1h of usage, and 16h of standby. My battery is at 52%. But this night I lost 20% while I was sleeping. So still, there is something really wrong and weird going on here. Thats not normal. Its supposed to lose around 4% on a 8h standby. And as I said, have 3g off, cellular data off, location services off and notifications off.

Abras

are any versions before 3209 compatible with the iphone 4?!?! i might try that tonight...battery is at 2% Usage - 4 hours 13 minutes. Standby - 1 day 4 hours.

1 and 30 minutes of the usage was talk time...the rest was just browsin here and there on wifi...looking through cydia..playin some music as well.

I think 3209 is the earliest version that works with iPhone 4 because it's the first MobileSubstrate compatible with iOS 4 if I recall correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by thadoggfather View Post
    I think 3209 is the earliest version that works with iPhone 4 because it's the first MobileSubstrate compatible with iOS 4 if I recall correctly.
    thanks for the info! ...this might be a dumb question...but can ultrasn0w work without mobilesubstrate??!?!

Nope. ultrasn0w needs it.

Quote Originally Posted by thadoggfather View Post
    edit: using 3209, just needed to restart 2 times, now lets see if any standby consuption difference
    Last edited by CometMan; 2010-08-09 at 07:04 PM.

I'm very sorry about that. I wouldn't have expected that to happen.
    Last edited by thadoggfather; 2010-08-09 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CometMan View Post
    whit 3209 ultrasn0w doesnt work, i dont get the unlock pin msg, and later get a msg that i need to restore because the iphone is unable to make or receive calls, so 3209 is no good,

currently testing 3225 / 3226
    I just downgraded to 3209....it works fine...make sure you uninstall mobilesubstrate and ultrasnow from cydia before downgrading again. you can do that by going to manage...packages...then click the upper right that says simple...then uninstall ultrasnow and mobilesubstrate...then put to two files via ssh....then restart twice.

I am about to charge to 100...will report my results later..hope this one is better!

I am trying 3209 and my unlock is working fine so far. Will post test results later.

Can someone please post a step by step tutorial on how to change versions of mobilesubstrate? I'm finding it difficult to download older versions of it

Are you guys absolutely sure it's Mobile Substrate?

I removed ultrasn0w last night and my battery life increased dramatically. I just checked and Mobile Substrate is still installed in my packages... is it just not being used?

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfPwange View Post
    Can someone please post a step by step tutorial on how to change versions of mobilesubstrate? I'm finding it difficult to download older versions of it
    I have the steps posted on page 3 of this thread i believe...everything is there...other than how to SSH...you can youtube that. its pretty easy

Quote Originally Posted by gokart View Post
    Are you guys absolutely sure it's Mobile Substrate?

I removed ultrasn0w last night and my battery life increased dramatically. I just checked and Mobile Substrate is still installed in my packages... is it just not being used?
    not absolutely sure, just why we are testing different mobile substrates

ya, the iphone 4 drainage is pretty bad...so you guys tested the mobilesubstrate alternative..stops the drainage?

Quote Originally Posted by vexx View Post
    ya, the iphone 4 drainage is pretty bad...so you guys tested the mobilesubstrate alternative..stops the drainage?
    well not completely....after changing to version 3226...on a full 100% drain i got 4 hours usage....and 1 day 4 hours standby....which is a whole lot better than when i had the latest mobilesubstrate....trying 3209 tonight...will post in the morning(in India right now)

Good! Waiting for your new progress~~

I am trying to follow your steps. Hope I won't do anything wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by samin0786 View Post
    well not completely....after changing to version 3226...on a full 100% drain i got 4 hours usage....and 1 day 4 hours standby....which is a whole lot better than when i had the latest mobilesubstrate....trying 3209 tonight...will post in the morning(in India right now)

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast