Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 167

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iPhone 4 Battery Draining after ultrasn0w unlock!

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by allanes5 View Post
    My cellular data is also off and still have battery drain issue!!

    I think the problem is within ultrasn0w!!!!

    Just checked my phone and lost 20% over night!!!!
    no luck here also during last night, lost exactly 20% also (8hours)

    does anyone know how to downgrade from 4.0.1 to 4.0, didn`t had this issue whit 4.0 but itunes gives me an error when i try to downgrade

  2. #42
    Ok guys...so did a 2 hour test....on standby...with only wifi on....no push no 3g no data....a drop of 0% .....this is muchh better than before. I really think it is a problem in the Mobilesubstrate file. but this is a guess.

    Anyways, I am posting the link the 2 .deb files. You need to first uninstall ultrasn0w from cydia. Then download openSSH. no toggle necessary....i just downloaded without sbsettings. To find out the host(ip address) just go to your wifi and click the blue arrow, and it will be there. 192.168.x.xxx Ok so you need to transfer the .deb files and put them in private/var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall. If the Cydia/AutoInstall directory is not there, then you create them. For eg. in mine after I went into Media, there was nothing, so I right clicked made a new folder Cydia, then clicked into Cydia, and made a folder AutoInstall. Then go into the AutoInstall folder. Drag both the .deb files into here. Once the files are in, you need to restart your phone twice...first for Cydia to install the files and the second for Ultrasn0w to work. and yes you can keep the non at&t sim card in the whole time. no problem.

    All that is different is this is a previous mobilesubstrate version...and it helps...so hope this works for you all as it did for me!

    PS - hope you all know how to SSH..lol if not youtube it. reply if it works or doesn't work!

    and a 1% drop just happened....Usage: 4 Minutes Standby : 2hours 8 min.

    the link..i almost forgot...haha

    ultrasn0w unlock.rar

  3. #43
    use 0.9.3209-1 from Index of /cydia/debs/ and SSH it over.

    But question OpenSSH needs MobileSubstrate, so do you uninstall the latest after you SSH over the older and then install this? How does that process work?

    The version you have bundled with ultrasn0w_unlock.rar is no good because it causes Google Maps to freeze that's why I say use the other one instead of 0.9.3226-1

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by thadoggfather View Post
    use 0.9.3209-1 from Index of /cydia/debs/ and SSH it over.

    But question OpenSSH needs MobileSubstrate, so do you uninstall the latest after you SSH over the older and then install this? How does that process work?

    The version you have bundled with ultrasn0w_unlock.rar is no good because it causes Google Maps to freeze that's why I say use the other one instead of 0.9.3226-1
    From my understanding, the google maps stopped working due to MobileSubtrate, not ultrasn0w. Isn't that why saurik update MobileSubtrate to fix the problem?

    With that said, yeah you do need MobileSubtrate to have OpenSSH, but he didn't say to uninstall MobileSubstrate. He only mentioned to uninstall ultrasn0w. Once you put the MobileSubstrate in the autoinstall and restart your phone, it will overwrite the existing MobileSubstrate

  5. #45
    Ah I see. I would still use the version I recommended over the one the other guy did because the version he recommended has issues with Google Maps freezing.



    That's from saurik's site. 0.9.3209-1 is what I would recommend looks like 0.9.3225-1 was out briefly early in the AM on August 4th. Maybe that's the version I had but it had a short shelf life so I'd recommend the former and then ultrasn0w.

    Let me know if that fixes battery issues. It should. I didn't have any battery issues until today when I updated to the latest mobilesubstrate. Will not do that again. The old saying, if it aint broken don't fix it.
    Last edited by thadoggfather; 2010-08-08 at 09:46 PM.

  6. #46
    Oh okay, so the version you have is not the newest one then, but it doesn't have the issues with Google Maps?

  7. #47
    Correct. I would assume that's the MobileSubstrate version planetbeing/musclenerd used for the whole private testing period of ultrasn0w 1.0-1 (for iPhone 4 baseband) was 0.9.2309-1 not 0.9.3226-1 which came out almost a day after the public release of ultrasn0w and is known to have Google Maps freezing problems:

    Twitter / Jay Freeman (saurik): As many users discovered, ...

    Fix Skype and Google Maps Issues on Jailbroken iOS 4 / 4.0.1 Device | Gadgets DNA

    I installed ultrasn0w as soon as it came out (literally), and it either installed 0.9.2309-1 or the version right after that BUT before 0.9.3226-1. Either way, 0.9.2309-1 had a really long shelf life so I'd recommend that one and it should be fine More so than 0.9.3226-1 which is flawed but might fix the battery hog issue.

    Hopefully Saurik will acknowledge this issue and accomodate people who have been having battery issues. I just restored and re-JB my phone, holding off on installing MobileSubstrate and ultrasn0w/Signal until it is fixed. If it's not recognized soon, I'll just SSH the version I recommended.
    Last edited by thadoggfather; 2010-08-08 at 10:03 PM.

  8. #48
    Hmm, thank you. I'll first go through the day with the first fix and see what happens... if it works then I'll switch MobileSubstrates and see what happens. I'll post my results.

  9. #49
    No problem. I really think MobileSubstrate is the cause. All I've installed besides that are ultrasn0w and Signal. Unless ultrasn0w didn't work until I updated the Substrate (my T-Mo sim is at home), which I really doubt, I'd say that's the culprit.

    The only weird thing is the carrier tab in Settings didn't show up until I updated MobileSubstrate, not sure if that's a necessary feature or not.

    But it certainly can't hurt to try, worst comes to worst, you update to latest and are back to the battery hog until ultrasn0w/MobileSubstrate or both are updated.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to thadoggfather For This Useful Post:

    gimarbazat (2010-08-08)

  11. #50
    i have the new version of mobile substrate, how do i downgrade to the older version before the skype fix? I have ultrasn0w installed btw

  12. #51
    i took from index of /cydia/debs/

    mobilesubstrate_0.9.3228-1_iphoneos-arm.deb 05-Aug-2010 05:17

    unistalled ultrasn0w, created autoinstall folder under

    private/var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall

    paste the mobilesubstrate_0.9.3228-1_iphoneos-arm.deb

    rebooted the phone, entered cydia rebooted phone again, installed ultrasn0w again, rebooted the phone, battery drains continue in standby

    did i did something wrong or choosed the wrong file? i used the most recent he had there maybe not the best option
    or maybe the mobilesubstrate wasnt quite well updated? does this process is made during booting or when you enter cydia?

  13. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by thadoggfather View Post
    Correct. I would assume that's the MobileSubstrate version planetbeing/musclenerd used for the whole private testing period of ultrasn0w 1.0-1 (for iPhone 4 baseband) was 0.9.2309-1 not 0.9.3226-1 which came out almost a day after the public release of ultrasn0w and is known to have Google Maps freezing problems:

    Twitter / Jay Freeman (saurik): As many users discovered, ...

    Fix Skype and Google Maps Issues on Jailbroken iOS 4 / 4.0.1 Device | Gadgets DNA

    I installed ultrasn0w as soon as it came out (literally), and it either installed 0.9.2309-1 or the version right after that BUT before 0.9.3226-1. Either way, 0.9.2309-1 had a really long shelf life so I'd recommend that one and it should be fine More so than 0.9.3226-1 which is flawed but might fix the battery hog issue.

    Hopefully Saurik will acknowledge this issue and accomodate people who have been having battery issues. I just restored and re-JB my phone, holding off on installing MobileSubstrate and ultrasn0w/Signal until it is fixed. If it's not recognized soon, I'll just SSH the version I recommended.
    I ran both of them and the 3209 one has the same battery drainage as the most recent MobileSubstrate in my case. How strange... I'm going to reinstall the MobileSubstrate one more time and try it again.

  14. #53
    How can you install the older version?

  15. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfPwange View Post
    How can you install the older version?

    The easiest way is to use iFile, create a wireless spot, and upload the .deb file on your iPhone
    and without uninstalling any of the Mobile Substrate nor Ultrasn0w (because once you install the ultrasn0w, it will upgrade the MS automatically!)
    then just install the .deb file, and reboot, go back to Cydia to check if you have the MS version you want.

    I tried the 3209-1 one last night, but didn't help, still drain my battery 20% overnight...sigh
    Going to try 3226-1 tonight to see if it works...

  16. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by poky View Post
    The easiest way is to use iFile, create a wireless spot, and upload the .deb file on your iPhone
    and without uninstalling any of the Mobile Substrate nor Ultrasn0w (because once you install the ultrasn0w, it will upgrade the MS automatically!)
    then just install the .deb file, and reboot, go back to Cydia to check if you have the MS version you want.

    I tried the 3209-1 one last night, but didn't help, still drain my battery 20% overnight...sigh
    Going to try 3226-1 tonight to see if it works...
    where to put the mobile substrate? and how to check in cydia what current mobilesubstrate is in usage?

  17. #56
    Cometman....don't try 3228....thats the latest one....3226 used 50% of my battery life....16 hours of standby....2 hours of usage...which one hour was pure talk time....so i might stick with it till an update....anyone got stats for 3209?!?! or any other version...please post!!

  18. #57
    Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pittsford, NY via Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,742
    Thanks
    549
    Thanked 622 Times in 346 Posts

    Like I said in the other thread about this, there are memory leaks that are causing this issue. There will be updates via Cydia to fix this. The jb has only been out a week so theres barely been any time to debug and improve the coding of everything. Give it time.

  19. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by samin0786 View Post
    Cometman....don't try 3228....thats the latest one....3226 used 50% of my battery life....16 hours of standby....2 hours of usage...which one hour was pure talk time....so i might stick with it till an update....anyone got stats for 3209?!?! or any other version...please post!!
    I downgraded to 3226 and got 70% after 9h of standby and 1h of usage. It looks better then before, but still worse then my 3gs. About this 1h of usage, was moderated, with few text, music, and aprox 15min of call. I have 2 others iphone4 here, one with 3209 and one with the latest, when they all reach 0% I will have some better data to compare.

    PS: i have 3g off, celular data off, location services off and notifications off. In other words, i have only wifi on.

    Abras
    Last edited by AbrasBR; 2010-08-09 at 06:48 AM.

  20. #59
    Interesting. yeah i'd be curious to see how results are.

    I'm going to Europe at the end of the month, so even if battery drain is still there, I'm going to install ultrasn0w (don't want to be without my i4 there). But for now, I'm holding off on installing mobilesubstrate/ultrasn0w for now.

    Did a restore of 4.0.1 and jailbroke with no apps installing. I wanna see what the devs say because planetbeing told someone else on twitter he guarantees its not related to the unlock, maybe he'll eat his words or saurik will find the bug with mobilesubstrate as he has with Google Maps freezing and Skype not working. Even with latest substrate (when I had it earlier today), Skype did not work.

    Interesting enough, I think the OS got rebooted but I didn't see the carriers tab until I turned the phone off and on again. This might be necessary to get ultrasn0w working in full action which might explain why I didn't see any battery drain with older substrate (when ultrasn0w was first released) with the unlock... To be determined though.

    Thanks guys and sorry if I mislead you. Sounds like it's working for some. I'm just thinking out loud here though.

  21. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by thadoggfather View Post
    Interesting. yeah i'd be curious to see how results are.

    I'm going to Europe at the end of the month, so even if battery drain is still there, I'm going to install ultrasn0w (don't want to be without my i4 there). But for now, I'm holding off on installing mobilesubstrate/ultrasn0w for now.

    Did a restore of 4.0.1 and jailbroke with no apps installing. I wanna see what the devs say because planetbeing told someone else on twitter he guarantees its not related to the unlock, maybe he'll eat his words or saurik will find the bug with mobilesubstrate as he has with Google Maps freezing and Skype not working. Even with latest substrate (when I had it earlier today), Skype did not work.

    Interesting enough, I think the OS got rebooted but I didn't see the carriers tab until I turned the phone off and on again. This might be necessary to get ultrasn0w working in full action which might explain why I didn't see any battery drain with older substrate (when ultrasn0w was first released) with the unlock... To be determined though.

    Thanks guys and sorry if I mislead you. Sounds like it's working for some. I'm just thinking out loud here though.
    Yeah, I noticed what planetbeing said a few days ago as well. If he's right, then it's definitely MobileSubstrate. I just uninstalled my MobileSubstrate earlier today and after 5 hours of standby with 15 min use, it went from 100 to 98%, which I think is a way better improvement than my previous time, which would have gone down to 75% already in 5 hours of standby.

    Also, the 3209 version and the newest version of MobileSubstrate are both battery drainers for my phone (5% / hour), and the version with the broken Google Maps drains 2-3% per hour on standby so it's slightly better.

    This sucks because I'm not an ATT customer so I need the unlock for it to work on my T-Mobile!!!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •