Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ultrasn0w problem - can ANYONE answer this please?

Default Ultrasn0w problem - can ANYONE answer this please?
    Hi it seems this is quite common.
    I have a vodafone NZ sim card and a locked iphone 4 from UK.
    I got an activation card from China and I can now get past the emergency screen.
    I jailbroke with jailbreakme.com no problem
    Unlocked with ultrasn0w
    When I put the vodafone sim in it says Different SIM detected and I'm locked out the phone again.

I see loads of people with this issue, has anyone got a solution?
    Thanks

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Have you tried doing the entire process with your SIM in? As in after activating and doing the jailbreakme process, put your SIM in, then install Ultrasn0w from Cydia. Let the phone reboot when Cydia prompts. If the first reboot doesnt do it, give your phone a hard reset and then see.

Hard reset in case you dont know is holding the power and home button until the phone shuts off (release after shutting off, you dont wanna put it into recovery mode) then turn it back on in a few seconds.

Yeah as soon as I put the vodafone sim in it immediately locks the phone with "different sim detected" so the only point I can put the vodafone sim in is after unlocking as there's no access to do anything as soon as it's in.

I'm in the same boat as you with Tmobile USA... does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Update: I can get it to work temporarily. If you make sure you're in a spot that has reception, eject your carrier sim, reinstall ultrasn0w, if you time it just right when ultrasnow is restarting springboard to pop your sim back in it works. Seems to have to detect it just as ultrasn0w is kicking in. Rebooting or switching off the phone at any point afterwards however locks it again and need to go through the reinstall of ultrasn0w as above, but at least it gets it working until there's a proper solution!

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Did you guys happen to JB with Spirit before on 3.1.x?

I used jailbreakme.com then turned off 3g and unlocked with ultrasnow.

Quote Originally Posted by scotiwis View Post
    Update: I can get it to work temporarily. If you make sure you're in a spot that has reception, eject your carrier sim, reinstall ultrasn0w, if you time it just right when ultrasnow is restarting springboard to pop your sim back in it works. Seems to have to detect it just as ultrasn0w is kicking in. Rebooting or switching off the phone at any point afterwards however locks it again and need to go through the reinstall of ultrasn0w as above, but at least it gets it working until there's a proper solution!

I just tried that and got a little further. I dont have the emergency call but it just shows 1 bar of reception, but doesn't say the carrier and will not make any calls...
    Last edited by mikechan23; 2010-08-06 at 06:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost