Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Setting APNs after unlock

Default Setting APNs after unlock
    Hi

Maybe I'm just thick.

I jailbroke my iPhone 4, did the 1.0-1 ultrasn0w unlock, and, my T-Mobile US (and Vodafone UK) SIM work fine, at least for voice.

But, i cannot see any way to change the APNs for each SIM, after I insert them.

Isn't that one of the main properties of an unlock?

So, how do I change the APNs?

there are several methods to make the CELLULAR DATA NETWORK tab appear on iOS4.0.

Just search the forums or google it.

I would tell you my method but it has presented me with some problems so I wouldn't recommend it

Thanks. Googled, went here (below) and it worked like a charm.

w w w . f 1 x 3 r . c o m / b i z / i o s 4 3 g a p n m m s f i x . h t m l

Bummer is, I guess, I/we will have to do everything again upon iOS 4.1 release

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffharris View Post
    Thanks. Googled, went here (below) and it worked like a charm.

w w w . f 1 x 3 r . c o m / b i z / i o s 4 3 g a p n m m s f i x . h t m l

Bummer is, I guess, I/we will have to do everything again upon iOS 4.1 release
    good glad to hear.
    yeah idk my method just didnt work so i am going to restore and then either do your method or something else that actually works.

its just that i dont have access to any ATT sims so i wouldnt be able to activate my phone after restoring.

heres how u do it. its for more experienced people but its worth it

patch the commcenter wont tell you how to do this but google this: patch commcenter ios4 and you will find it

then you will have to ssh into your phone and edit you carrier.plist files to allow the editing of those settings and you will then be able to edit the data and mms settings