Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Facetime - "Waiting for Activation" on T-Mobile

If you guys check the plists you can see the severs used to register and unregister for the call. There's also a confirmed list in one of them that holds the numbers you've faced time with...maybe there is a way to mAnually use Apples servers from a pc to get the entries you need to be on their server?

If you look at this guys video he has the same patch installed (1:01) mark

YouTube - How to enable mms on unlocked iPhone 4 for T mobile USA + F

yeh i also tried the redmond and it didnt work either...

I tried it as well. I just have the same ole thing I always have. "waiting for activation". This is for sure Frustrating! How do some people have it and not others? It seems only a select few have been able to get it to work. I guess they won the "iphone 4 tmobile lottery!" No one can tell us how they got it to work only they did. URGGGG!!

Quote Originally Posted by TBbmx View Post
    I tried it as well. I just have the same ole thing I always have. "waiting for activation". This is for sure Frustrating! How do some people have it and not others? It seems only a select few have been able to get it to work. I guess they won the "iphone 4 tmobile lottery!" No one can tell us how they got it to work only they did. URGGGG!!
    Check back to post #101 of this thread. I did get Facetime to work and I briefly explained the process. Since then I've done about 2-3 restores on my iPhone 4, that had FT working, and another 1-2 restores on another iPhone 4 running T-Mobile. The bad news is that I have not been able to get FT working again on mine(which had it working before) or the other iPhone. For now I'm just going to wait for some kind of fix or until 4.1 is released and maybe it'll work then.
    iPhone 4 32GB JB & Unlocked w/ T-Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by TBbmx View Post
    That Redmond Pie tutorial is from when the jailbreak first came out. A problem that lasted literally all of 2 hours until Comex and the Dev team updated the jailbreak. It would break your FaceTime and MMS abilties, meaning you wouldn't have an option to turn on MMS or FaceTime. Dev Team updated the jailbreak immediately and an update in Cydia pushed the fix through to anyone who jailbroke before it was updated. That guide was obsolete within 2 hours after launch. Even says so in the tutorial:

"JailbreakMe has been updated which has fixed all the problems related to FaceTime and MMS. If you are doing a fresh jailbreak, you will not have any of these issues. Existing users will need to do a “Complete Upgrade” of Cydia followed by a reset of Network Settings. To do this, simply fire up Cydia and let the loading to finish. It will now automatically ask you to update Cydia. Touch on “Complete Upgrade” and reboot the device once it is done. Go to Settings –> General –> Reset –> Reset Network Settings. Reboot the device again. The problem should be fixed now."

FaceTime does not currently work on T-Mobile. That's the long and short of it. Let the people working, work on it. Be patient. 4.1 will be out in September and will use e-mail to initiate FaceTime. That's almost a sure shot.
    Last edited by n1c3jack3t; 2010-08-13 at 10:59 PM.

Default FaceTime is now on tmobile !!!
    Just add new source to Cydia : http://celebfolery.com/cydia

Also checkout this video on YouTube [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L27tOpQZhQ[/ame]

8. The Following User Says Thank You to eliranbi For This Useful Post:

Adidos (2010-08-14)

Whos gonna be the first to try?

I've tried adding this repo, not working.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to eliranbi For This Useful Post:

Adidos (2010-08-14)

I added it and still no facetime

Same thing. Still waiting for activation!
    Last edited by godzillaman555; 2010-08-14 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I've tried this. And email states I need to change my plan to a smartphone data plan for this to work. I won't give up my $5.99 t-zones for this to occur. Someone else with a smartphone data plan can try.

Did u run the program ? did u got activation code ? u might need to restart ur phone

16. The Following User Says Thank You to eliranbi For This Useful Post:

Adidos (2010-08-14)

I ran the program. . . nothing. . . restarted the phont and i got the message about the carrier may charge for SMS. . . and it still sits on waiting for activation

Did u receive email ?

Nothing from or about facetime

Quote Originally Posted by eliranbi View Post
    Did u receive email ?
    Heres the E-Mail I got

FaceTime has been activated!, please follow the instructions below

Please Call your carrier (Tmobile) and change your data package to the Smartphone data plan. (this will enable FaceTime from the carrier side)

After you changed your data plan with your carrier

1. Go to settings. -> Phone.
    2. Enable FaceTime.

* It might take up to 24hr before FaceTime has been activated.

If you like this, I would greatly appreciate your support by downloading the Celebfoolery application
    (or, if you cannot click on the link, copy this URL and paste it into your browser: CelebFoolery for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store )

Follow us @ twitter.com/celebfoolery

Become a Fan @ facebook.com/celebfoolery
    I don't want to enable facetime for 24 hours and get charged $30 in international texts.

Also, Eli, I messaged you.
    Last edited by zeve; 2010-08-14 at 12:25 AM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to zeve For This Useful Post:

Adidos (2010-08-14)

OHHHHHHHHH ****!!!
    ITS WORKING!!!!
    IT TOOK ABOUT TWO HOURS TILL TMOBILE UPDATE THE DATA PLAN, AND HERE I AM FACETIME WITH MY FRIENDS!!!!!!
    ELIRANBI ***YOU ARE THE MAN****
    BY THE WAY CELEBFOOLERY IS A REALLY COOL APP!!!!!
    Thank You Celebfoolery!!!!!!!!

@Adidos what data plan do you have. I have the smartphone unlimited web. Is that what you changed it to?

Did u get the email? Check ur spam

Have in mind it might take up to 24hr I got mine activated after 2hr other people said it took them 12 hr

I'm glad it working for you !!!
    Last edited by eliranbi; 2010-08-14 at 12:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast