Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Facetime - "Waiting for Activation" on T-Mobile

interesting because i have

USA tmobile with unlocked iphone 4 on 4.0.1 and my edge and mms works but no facetime and im on family plan with 1000 whenever minutes and unlimited txt...i believe its the unlimited family txt but i enabled facetime before i saw the international txt charges and facetime didnt work before and still doesnt work now....

yes just logged onto tmobile and i have this

FamilyTime 1000
    1000 Whenever minutes
    Unlimited Weekend Minutes
    Unlimited Weeknight Minutes

Unlimited Domestic Messages for Families

Quote Originally Posted by madehtsobi View Post
    Unlimited Domestic Messages for Families
    See if T-Mobile customer care will change it to the "Unlimited Messages for Families" plan.

I'm running an
    Ip 4
    Unlimited txt
    Unlimited data through t zones

I have mms and SMS working fine.

FaceTime says waiting for activation and I am being charged the int txt messages. I tried to patch my command and down check out my carrier bundle with no major sucess. I just get the usual "waiting for activation". Was looking to try what Apple posted but now he says it's now working so back to the beginning.

For sure I think SMS and mms working has something to do with it, however I think there is still a missing piece to the puzzle as I have all this working.

We are getting closer! Let's keep at it haha!

Quote Originally Posted by zeve View Post
    See if T-Mobile customer care will change it to the "Unlimited Messages for Families" plan.
    whats the difference between the two?

is the unlmited message for families include international?

Quote Originally Posted by Apple. View Post
    I know who you are. I know that you are a spokesperson for the DevTeam and I respect that. I just don't understand why?
    First things first - I am in no way a spokesperson for the Dev Team. I moderate their blog but I do nit speak on their behalf - anything I say is my own thoughts.

But people here are not the only ones trying to sort this out - I was just repeating the distilled wisdom of other research.

I also wasn't arguing about you having to use + and 011 - just pointing out that if that's the case your carrier does not conform with GSM standards which state that the + character is used as a place holder for the international dialling code so you do not need to enter different codes for different countries.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Well here’s my situation. I happen to have four iPhone 4′s, two of them were being used on at&t pre-paid before the unlock came out – the other two waited patiently for the unlock and t-mobile usa. Both the pre-paid phones worked fine including facetime while on AT&T. When the unlock came along – we jailbroke and unlocked all phones including the 2 that were on AT&T – and now use all of them on T-mobile USA. The facetime immediately wanted to be re-activated when we switched sim cards from AT&T to T-mobile – So the iPhone 4's want to re-activate facetime which is does NOT do. It just sits and waits for activation endlessly with the t-mobile usa sim card inserted.

I called T-mobile today and I do have about $10 in international sms charges. Never having facetime authorize successfully.

I’ve tried several methods to activate – none of which have worked… I had read (somewhere) about patching the commcenter and altering the sms gateway – which I never tried – I figured if it were that complicated – there would be a .deb file somewhere that would automate the process – which I have not found. In fact, I’m a little surprised that there seems to be very little effort being dedicated to getting facetime to work on T-mobile USA ? (At least very little effort that I can find? -- NO OFFENSE EVERYONE!)

My plans (all four) on T-mobile USA are on the customer loyalty unlimted plans, and a grouped $20/mo family unlimited texting plan – which does NOT include international sms.

I am using a mms over ride fix – which works perfectly on all four of the iPhone 4′s. So edge data, sms and MMS all work perfectly.

I am willing to experiment, but really don’t know what to try.

To clearify a couple of things mentioned:
    === This was done using the same iPhone 4 unit ===

Insert a AT&T sim card, which is authorized and working (tho its a pre-paid)
    Restart, facetime authorizes… Make a facetime call to a buddy on AT&T USA. Works fine (over wifi of course).. And yes, this iPhone 4 is jailbroken and UNLOCKED WITH ULTRASN0W but has a AT&T sim card in it, and FaceTime works 100% with AT&T.

Remove and replace the AT&T card with the T-mobile card – immediately the facetime wants to be re-activated – try to make the facetime call (before restarting) and facetime option is no longer available when calling my friends at&t number – so instantly upon switching sim cards from AT&T to T-mobile the facetime option is gone and replaced by a HOLD button.

Restart (power cycle) the iphone 4, still no facetime and it just continuously waits for activation (with t-mobile sim installed). Same iphone 4, same everything — No facetime with T-mobile card – but with AT&T card facetime is ok.

Here's one thing I do know, when trying to sms message EMOJI characters from T-mobile to AT&T, the sms is immediately blocked, and I get a return sms saying to try sending again without the symbols. However, my friend can SMS text me EMOJI from AT&T to T-mobile just fine. I can SMS Emoji from T-mobile to T-mobile just fine, but not OUTSIDE T-mobile.

During all the sim swapping, I did get a couple of return SMS messages from +447786205094

I’m anxious to read what to try or to successfully get Facetime working. If anyone has suggestions, please share.

Maybe your info can help in figuring out the registration. Pushfix on twitter is working on getting Facetime to work with T-Mobile along w/ the help from others like zeve. Also, you might want to take that pic down or at least white out your number.
    iPhone 4 32GB JB & Unlocked w/ T-Mobile

Where are the facetime files on the iphone itself stored?

Anyone here get FaceTime to work on T-Mobile or any other non official carrier in a Iphone 4 original from ATT? Let us know and how whit a guide thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Toaster View Post
    I am using a mms over ride fix – which works perfectly on all four of the iPhone 4′s. So edge data, sms and MMS all work perfectly.
    what method did you use to get your edge data and MMS to work on iphone 4 4.0?

ive tried various methods but none have worked.
    and how did you get your cellular data network tab to show up?

I think it only work with Official carrier because when it unlock we have to turn 3G off for iPhone 4 pick up the signal I try to get that face time working and get the messages do u want activate 3g so i guess it' s about the 3G network

T-Mobile USA users, login to your my.tmobile.com accounts and check your services and see what you have listed for text messaging.

Try to get the "Unlimited Messages for Families" option to appear (call Customer Service and ask for that specific one). I believe this has everything to do with the type of SMS/MMS plan that you have enabled on your account.

Try to get this one added, and then install the LeiMobile.com MMS fix for T-Mobile. Set the MMS apn to wap.voicestream.com and the internet apn to wap.voicestream.com as well.

Try then.
    I added this plan today. I didn't have an MMS plan, just used my grandfathered $2.99 - 300 SMS msgs from years ago. Called retentions and asked for this plan specifically, received it @ $15 for my whole family line. No luck receiving an activation txt as my Facetime is still waiting for activation.

We won't be seeing any Facetime fix for a while. Not until 4.1 update is released which according to Pushfix uses the internet to activate Facetime instead of SMS.

"Trying to fix it, but I might quit until 4.1 when it activates over internet instead of SMS. Apple has SMS activation locked tight"

The guy in this video

YouTube - I PHONE4 FaceTime running on T-Mobile network!

Claims that this tutorial ( Fix FaceTime and MMS Problem on iPhone 4 After Jailbreaking with JailbreakMe 2.0 | Redmond Pie ) fixed his FaceTime problem.

Yes I'm skeptical just like the rest of you, but if someone can, please try it anyway. I can't right now.

The guy in this video

YouTube - I PHONE4 FaceTime running on T-Mobile network!

Claims that this tutorial ( Fix FaceTime and MMS Problem on iPhone 4 After Jailbreaking with JailbreakMe 2.0 | Redmond Pie ) fixed his FaceTime problem.

Yes I'm skeptical just like the rest of you, but if someone can, please try it anyway. I can't right now.
    I think the instruction on the Redmond Pie was for the issue of not having Facetime switch and MMS setting when the Jailbreak first came out. It was resolved immediately and the fix was available through Cydia. The video looks legit since he even called 611 so he is really using T-Mobile. But like the rest of "numb nuts" out there, he didn't bother provide the instruction on how he got it to work.
    Last edited by imvirus; 2010-08-12 at 11:34 PM.

Tried this tutorial. Nothing.

It's from redmondpie - did you really expect anything different?
    Some of the rubbish they post is almost believable - but most isn't.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by imvirus View Post
    But like the rest of "numb nuts" out there, he didn't bother provide the instruction on how he got it to work.
    He private messaged me on youtube and thats was his instructions

Last edited by zeve; 2010-08-13 at 12:04 AM.

He private messaged me on youtube and thats was his instructions

I just tried it and it didn't work. I think The Shoe Man tried it as well to no avail. Thanks for the info though.

Quote Originally Posted by imvirus View Post
    I just tried it and it didn't work. I think The Shoe Man tried it as well to no avail. Thanks for the info though.
    Did you guys try rebooting the phone and everything, disabling enabling FaceTime, etc?

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast