Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Facetime - "Waiting for Activation" on T-Mobile

I'm on t-mobile US. I added the +1(213)327-XXXX. I switched on FaceTime. Now I'm just waiting to see if it get activated.

If you don't mind me asking where is the file located that you edited to send to your own phone number.
    Last edited by LosAngelesRider; 2010-08-10 at 01:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Apple. View Post
    ok However my FaceTime is now working, i dont know EXACTLY what caused it to work. and i dont want to restore and try to do it again because then i may not be able to get it to work.

What i did was i manually texted my FaceTime Request.

This request is phone specific so posting mine would be useless.

How i did it was, i aimed the facetime request to my own phone number. Whatever i got in that text message i copied it and composed a new message and then sent it to +011447786205094

i did it that way because that is how my carrier requires international SMS messages to be sent.

But i also did a lot of switching carrier.plist files around. etc. I dont know what caused it to work. But i got it working.

REMEMBER I AM NOT ON TMOBILE im on a small carrier called Docomo Pacific

Do you have your Docomo Pacific carrier bundle loaded on your phone?

Quote Originally Posted by LosAngelesRider View Post
    I'm on t-mobile US. I added the +1(213)327-XXXX. I switched on FaceTime. Now I'm just waiting to see if it get activated.

If you don't mind me asking where is the file located that you edited to send to your own phone number.
    Ok Maybe you T-Mobile users should try the number that AT&T users send to.

But in order to edit the carrier.plist files you must patch your commcenter

The reason for this is apple signs carrier bundles.

Now i did mine differently but there is an easy way by just installing a .deb file.

Search this in google: patch commcenter 4.0.1

the first result should be the correct one

download the deb and install it.

Now install iFile in cydia and go to var>mobile>library>carrier bundle.

This will symlink you to the Carrier Bundle that your sim is using.

Now go to carrier.plist

and scroll until you find PhoneNumberRegistrationGatewayAddress

and change the number around until you see what works.

Note: You may be charged for any international Texts you make.

Like i said earlier, try changing the number to the number att uses.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shoe Man View Post
    Do you have your Docomo Pacific carrier bundle loaded on your phone?
    nope i had to create my own. My carrier is not an official carrier of the iPhone. Therefore there wouldnt be a specific bundle for it.
    Last edited by Apple.; 2010-08-10 at 01:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hey thanks Apple. I sent my self the actvate code for FaceTime. I forward it to the AT&T short code 28818773 but it failed to send out the text. So what I did was forward the code I got to my bro that has a AT&T iPhone 4. Then had him forward the text to this short code 28818773. Nothing has happen yet...

Hey thanks Apple. I sent my self the actvate code for FaceTime. I forward it to the AT&T short code 28818773 but it failed to send out the text. So what I did was forward the code I got to my bro that has a AT&T iPhone 4. Then had him forward the text to this short code 28818773. Nothing has happen yet...
    so thats the number ATT uses?
    so just forward someone with an ATT iPhone 4 and have them forward the code to that ATT activate number??

also, when i type "patch commcenter 4.0.1" in google, it comes up but my computer cant load the site. i tried 3 different web browsers and rebooted..
    Last edited by grant1x; 2010-08-10 at 02:37 AM.

I tried that and that won't work because the response needs to be sent back to your phone

No, I was just trying to see if I could get it to work like that. But no luck yet. Kind of reminds me when the 1st IPhone came out and us tmobile users couldn't use the Internet until they came out with the proxy patch! Lol

Does anyone have the original carrier.plist for iphone 4 os4.0?

i had modified it and forgot to back it up

Hi Apple I could really use your help! How do I sent a facetime request to my own number? I found the number that Tmobile uses for the facetime activation and it is 447786205094. Same as yours. So I am hoping that I can send a activation request to my number, see what it says and resend it to the number above. I have been following your posts and they really help! I would really appreciate the help on this. Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by TBbmx View Post
    Hi Apple I could really use your help! How do I sent a facetime request to my own number? I found the number that Tmobile uses for the facetime activation and it is 447786205094. Same as yours. So I am hoping that I can send a activation request to my number, see what it says and resend it to the number above. I have been following your posts and they really help! I would really appreciate the help on this. Thanks!!
    yes i would also like to know.
    Apple has been very helpful and i would also appreciate help

Quote Originally Posted by Apple. View Post
    +011447786205094
    That number really makes no sense.
    The + sign is the GSM standard to insert the international dialling code.
    011 is the international dialling code from Guam so the number from Guam is either +447786205094 or 011447786205094

Regardless of that, it is possible that your network can decode the reply but as it is a 7 bit message rather than 8 bit T-Mobile in the USA can not read 7 bit messages so it will fail on T-Mobile in the USA.

While your method might help people on some networks that can read 7 bit text messages I do not believe it will help the majority of people in this thread asking about T-Mobile in the USA.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

The Shoe Man (2010-08-10)

So how can you explain people that have got It working on TMobile USA? I have spoke to a few people that have got it working and seen it on YouTube. Even the person in the other thread had it working on tmobile. But he updated and then couldn't get it to work again. So there is a way to get it working on tmobile and other carriers. We are just trying to figure out how..and I do not see why this is a problem.

I'm just trying to see why u would come in here and stir up commotion when we are being constructive and working together to try and get this to work.

I know who you are. I know that you are a spokesperson for the DevTeam and I respect that. I just don't understand why?

And no just like dialing out on MY carrier I NEED to have the +011 and whatever number..Don't try to argue it's my carriers standards not mine. It may not make sense but that's how I'm required to send the text message or it will not send.

Anyway as an update: after my battery died and turned the phone on my FaceTime is no longer activated but I know it's because I was changing stuff when it got activated last time so whatever I changed mustve conflicted. So in other words...Back to square 1
    Last edited by Apple.; 2010-08-10 at 02:18 PM.

apple can you help me to create a carrier bundle to my carrier?

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    That number really makes no sense.
    The + sign is the GSM standard to insert the international dialling code.
    011 is the international dialling code from Guam so the number from Guam is either +447786205094 or 011447786205094

Regardless of that, it is possible that your network can decode the reply but as it is a 7 bit message rather than 8 bit T-Mobile in the USA can not read 7 bit messages so it will fail on T-Mobile in the USA.

While your method might help people on some networks that can read 7 bit text messages I do not believe it will help the majority of people in this thread asking about T-Mobile in the USA.
    Well said, and probably 99% true. Thank you and I'll continue to wait patiently. $8 racked up in international txt msgs thus far. I'll stop & call 611 now.

These are my findings after messing around with my phone last night.

Iphone 4, 4.01
    Carrier: T-mobile
    Internet plan: $5.99 T-zones

1. Restore & update with original at&t sim
    2. Synced to itunes, at this point phone is NOT activated.
    3. Jailbreaked with original at&t sim
    4. unlocked with at&t sim
    5. plugged in my t-mobile sim, rebooted.
    6. At this point the phone starts to look for a signal and 'activate'.
    7. Once activated, the phone will assign an Unknown Carrier bundle under VAR\mobile\Library\Carrier Bundle
    8. Your carrier should now say 'Carrier 7.0', rather than AT&T 7.0. At this point, my theory is simple. It treats it as an unknown, unassigned carrier. Your phone will not have the AT&T shortcuts, facetime button, because it is now assigning the carrier.plist to an unassigned carrier.

Check the carrier.plist, you will be able to see this unknown carrier bundle starts looking for the approriate carrier.png (carrier logo).

Those of you who can't get to your cellular network tab settings. Simply open up carrier.plist with IFile, and add the following line

<key>AllowEDGEEditing</key>
    <true/>

Right above the <key>CarrierName</key>

Should be line 6.

I believe since the phone is activated thru an unspecified carrier, this unknown bundle is used. At this point, i've tried editing the carrier.plist to phoneregistrationgatewayaddress to AT&T's 7bit activation number, that didn't work.
    Tried adding international code for the UK number, +011447786205094, that didn't work.
    Although, i think the +011 isn't necessary, depending if you have your international assistance set to true/false (if you look at your phone settings (general->phone, there's an on/off switch for international assistance, this will apply the approriate country code (011) is the approriate country code to UK.

So, at this point, I have the facetime set to off, my phone number will be shared with people facetime, and i've accrued about $8 in international text. Someone who's got this working in the USA should list out the phoneregistrationgatewayaddress on their carrier plist to see if that'll help anyone else out.

Long read, just my expierence to what I tried to resolve as the T-mobile facetime issue.
    Last edited by The Shoe Man; 2010-08-10 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

16. The Following User Says Thank You to The Shoe Man For This Useful Post:

TBbmx (2010-08-10)

Thanks shoe man with need that phoneregistrationgatewayaddress to solve this issue by the way in my case appear your number can be shared etc but when I hit ON said Waiting for activation everything make sense we need to find some bundle to link our sim info but get apple method activation confused to let us activate facetime, hope someone find something and share here to fix this issue.

T-Mobile USA users, login to your my.tmobile.com accounts and check your services and see what you have listed for text messaging.

Try to get the "Unlimited Messages for Families" option to appear (call Customer Service and ask for that specific one). I believe this has everything to do with the type of SMS/MMS plan that you have enabled on your account.

Try to get this one added, and then install the LeiMobile.com MMS fix for T-Mobile. Set the MMS apn to wap.voicestream.com and the internet apn to wap.voicestream.com as well.

Try then.

Quote Originally Posted by zeve View Post
    T-Mobile USA users, login to your my.tmobile.com accounts and check your services and see what you have listed for text messaging.

Try to get the "Unlimited Messages for Families" option to appear (call Customer Service and ask for that specific one). I believe this has everything to do with the type of SMS/MMS plan that you have enabled on your account.

Try to get this one added, and then install the LeiMobile.com MMS fix for T-Mobile. Set the MMS apn to wap.voicestream.com and the internet apn to wap.voicestream.com as well.

Try then.

i think you posted in the wrong section...

this is FACETIME!

thanks though!

I know its FaceTime. Its still relevant because FaceTime activates via SMS/MMS. Just give it a shot. We are doing a lot of debugging and trial and error here.

Quote Originally Posted by zeve View Post
    I know its FaceTime. Its still relevant because FaceTime activates via SMS/MMS. Just give it a shot. We are doing a lot of debugging and trial and error here.
    You get Facetime working on your phone?

No but I'm dealing with people who have. Everyone is being helpful in debugging the situation. Try my suggestion, because its what has worked for them.

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast