Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 518

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Facetime - "Waiting for Activation" on T-Mobile

  1. #81
    yeah it looked like it said 3G. Anyone brave enough to try it until they get it working? haha

  2. #82
    So I'm new at this whole forum thing...but I been following this post for few days now to see any updates on getting the FaceTime to work..just wanna help ya out with something I found on YouTube...it's a app in app store call FRING!!!!!!...it's not really FaceTime...but its better than nothing and u can do "FaceTime". both phone need to have that app tho

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by 301kk301 View Post
    So I'm new at this whole forum thing...but I been following this post for few days now to see any updates on getting the FaceTime to work..just wanna help ya out with something I found on YouTube...it's a app in app store call FRING!!!!!!...it's not really FaceTime...but its better than nothing and u can do "FaceTime". both phone need to have that app tho
    No. This is not the point.

    I bought the iPhone 4 because one of the main features was video calling

    Fring is limited as the quality is mediocre, sometimes audio works and sometimes it doesn't. Also, the video is choppy.

    I've tried everything with facetime and can't get it working

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Malik05 View Post
    Also for those who are having issues regarding mms and data...you can get your data up and running by creating a APN carrier setting profile by going to unlockit.co.nz on your iPhone and email yourself the settings and install them..

    For MMS on T-Mobile US, go into Cydia and add source http://beta.leimanmobile.com/repo and search for "T-Mobile 4.0 MMS Fix" and install that...after that is done, go into Settings-General-Network-Cellular Data and enter wap.voicestream.com for the MMS APN...leave everything else alone and send yourself an MMS and it should work. I tested this on IPhone 3G S and iPhone 4...works everytime

    FYI, for those of you who can send but get an error when receiving using the above wap.voicestream.com address, try epc.tmobile.com instead, I had error receiving until I used that address. You still need to install the lei package from Cydia regardless though.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple. View Post
    No. This is not the point.

    I bought the iPhone 4 because one of the main features was video calling

    Fring is limited as the quality is mediocre, sometimes audio works and sometimes it doesn't. Also, the video is choppy.

    I've tried everything with facetime and can't get it working
    I'm using Fring now since facetime is not working on Tmob. It serves its purpose and I'll stick with it until facetime is fixed on tmob. But if I were you I will stop trying to make facetime work on tmob because there is no cheap way to accompish that (if there is a way that is). If you happend to choose to keep on trying facetime on Tmob, be ready to pay tons on money on international texting to UK because everytime you hit ok when the message saying you might be charge a fee on texting or something... your iphone sends a text message to UK and it's $.20 a pop. Just a thought I want to share.

  6. #86
    I have both AT&T and TMobile sim, as soon as I put in my TMobile card I have waiting to activate. With AT&T sim FT works great....

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by imvirus View Post
    I'm using Fring now since facetime is not working on Tmob. It serves its purpose and I'll stick with it until facetime is fixed on tmob. But if I were you I will stop trying to make facetime work on tmob because there is no cheap way to accompish that (if there is a way that is). If you happend to choose to keep on trying facetime on Tmob, be ready to pay tons on money on international texting to UK because everytime you hit ok when the message saying you might be charge a fee on texting or something... your iphone sends a text message to UK and it's $.20 a pop. Just a thought I want to share.
    I know that.

    1. If you read any of the following posts you would know that I'm not on T-mobile and I'm on a totally different carrier

    2. I know that FaceTime sends a silent text internationally I knew that before I even started trying to fix FaceTime.

    3. My service provider said they will waive the international text fees.

    4. If you're happy with Fring then good for you. To me it is a very horrible app it's video quality is so horrible I wouldn't even enjoy video calling. Also it has the inability to switch between front and back camera and that's one of the features FaceTime has that would be usable with work.

    Also, I've came to the conclusion that it is carrier problem.

    The text message sent out uses a different codec than normal text messages (kind of like emoji?) and depending on the carrier it doesn't allow that and the text message doesn't get sent completely. Or it doesn't come back to the phone the way it should hence why there is scrambled letters and symbols in text messages from the uk number

  8. #88
    I have a question for you would this FaceTime work with an unlocked iPhone 4 from the uk brought to the USA and a Tmobile sim USA installed in it ?

    Am thinking ebay at this point for an over seas ip4
    Last edited by Neo02126; 2010-08-08 at 03:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo02126 View Post
    I have a question for you would this FaceTime work with an unlocked iPhone 4 from the uk brought to the USA and a Tmobile sim USA installed in it ?

    Am thinking ebay at this point for an over seas ip4
    no it would not.

    There would be no difference. It will not change how T-Mobile USA will handle the activation text message. The phone is not the problem. Its the way the text message is handled.

    we just have to wait until iphone 4.1 comes out..
    there will be a different way to activate FaceTime.
    Last edited by Apple.; 2010-08-08 at 03:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple. View Post
    I know that.

    1. If you read any of the following posts you would know that I'm not on T-mobile and I'm on a totally different carrier

    2. I know that FaceTime sends a silent text internationally I knew that before I even started trying to fix FaceTime.

    3. My service provider said they will waive the international text fees.

    4. If you're happy with Fring then good for you. To me it is a very horrible app it's video quality is so horrible I wouldn't even enjoy video calling. Also it has the inability to switch between front and back camera and that's one of the features FaceTime has that would be usable with work.

    Also, I've came to the conclusion that it is carrier problem.

    The text message sent out uses a different codec than normal text messages (kind of like emoji?) and depending on the carrier it doesn't allow that and the text message doesn't get sent completely. Or it doesn't come back to the phone the way it should hence why there is scrambled letters and symbols in text messages from the uk number
    I'm happy for you that you got your text messeges waived for you. You are right and I knew it as well that is is a carrier problem so we are on the same page there. My only pont is that since facetime is not working for people like us who are not with the official carrier, I just thought that it might be something to avail for now since facetime is a no go for us. I mean, something is better than nothing right? I respect your preference and I guess fring will just do for me until facetime works coz I also like facetime better than fring but if it doesn't work for now, then I settle for an alternative until then. I just hope it gets fixed soon.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by drbf View Post
    I have both AT&T and TMobile sim, as soon as I put in my TMobile card I have waiting to activate. With AT&T sim FT works great....
    its the same with me, is there a way we can switch sims without the iphone detecting it? that way we can activate facetime with the ATT sim and then switch to the Tmobile

  12. #92
    That would be like trying to look left and right at the same time. If only we could clone the data from the AT&T sim

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo02126 View Post
    That would be like trying to look left and right at the same time. If only we could clone the data from the AT&T sim



  14. #94
    Here is me looking right and attempting to look left at the same time
    1. You have a Tmobile plan voice plan for $30 (600 min)
    2. You get a pay as you get
    Unlimited data and text plan for $30
    3. This is were it gets sketchy (I'll call at$t about this later)
    Input the mms info for AT&T. I don't know if they require you have a sim installed or not

    This is way outside the box thinking (sry if this is stupid am trying)

    Ok I just finished chatting with AT&T you are required To have a sim for data pay as u go plan
    (Daaa) stupid question
    Guess I can call Tmobile in uk and see if the will let me sign up or just text and data and keep my USA voice plan ( I can already guess there answer)
    Last edited by Neo02126; 2010-08-08 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Malik05 View Post
    Also for those who are having issues regarding mms and data...you can get your data up and running by creating a APN carrier setting profile by going to unlockit.co.nz on your iPhone and email yourself the settings and install them..

    For MMS on T-Mobile US, go into Cydia and add source http://beta.leimanmobile.com/repo and search for "T-Mobile 4.0 MMS Fix" and install that...after that is done, go into Settings-General-Network-Cellular Data and enter wap.voicestream.com for the MMS APN...leave everything else alone and send yourself an MMS and it should work. I tested this on IPhone 3G S and iPhone 4...works everytime
    is this the correct method to get EDGE and MMS working on Tmobile USA iPhone 4 4.0?

    I'm about to restore my iphone 4, re-jailbreak and re-unlock to get the correct settings for MMS and EDGE to work.

    if someone could please confirm this or explain an easier way to do so.

    thank you

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by grant1x View Post
    is this the correct method to get EDGE and MMS working on Tmobile USA iPhone 4 4.0?

    I'm about to restore my iphone 4, re-jailbreak and re-unlock to get the correct settings for MMS and EDGE to work.

    if someone could please confirm this or explain an easier way to do so.

    thank you
    The easiest way is to get Edge and MMS working on Iphone 4 after jalbreak and unlock is to pop out the sim card (Tmob simcard) and put it back in then reboot. After iphone reboot, check the the General/Network and you should see the Cell Data Network accessible and you can just enter the APN and MMS info there.

    Cell Data
    APN : epc.tmobile.com

    MMS
    APN: epc.tmobile.com
    username: blank
    Password: blank
    MMSC: mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc

    the rest of the fields are all blank

    These are the settings I have on my IP4 and I have both data and MMS working. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by imvirus; 2010-08-09 at 04:33 AM.

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by grant1x View Post
    is this the correct method to get EDGE and MMS working on Tmobile USA iPhone 4 4.0?

    I'm about to restore my iphone 4, re-jailbreak and re-unlock to get the correct settings for MMS and EDGE to work.

    if someone could please confirm this or explain an easier way to do so.

    thank you
    There probably are other ways to do this, however some work some don't. Some claim certain methods work, while some don't eventhough some claim they do. But my method has worked for me everytime...
    Last edited by Malik05; 2010-08-09 at 03:40 AM. Reason: Edit

  18. #98
    For MMS I've tried every different setting and tried every patch and can never get it to work. I don't have a data plan but I heard that MMS should still work.(off topic but I just wanted to rant a little)

    As for Facetime I've seen two examples of it working with T-Mobile. A quick search on twitter will show a couple instances, including screen shots of it working. So it is possible but how it worked for them I have no clue. I'm thinking it's to do with the carrier and needing an update although one person I know who has it working is on the 7.0 carrier bundle. I'll just continue to wait until a fix is found or maybe a carrier update is released. Just thought I'd share that it is possible to FT on T-Mobile US.
    iPhone 4 32GB JB & Unlocked w/ T-Mobile

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by imvirus View Post
    The easiest way is to get Edge and MMS working on Iphone 4 after jalbreak and unlock is to pop out the sim card (Tmob simcard) and put it back in then reboot. After iphone reboot, check the the General/Network and you should see the Cell Data Network accessible and you can just enter the APN and MMS info there.

    Cell Data
    APN : epc.tmobile.com

    MMS
    APN: epc.tmobile.com
    username: blank
    Password: blank
    MMSC: mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc

    the rest of the fields are all blank

    These are the settings I have on my IP4 and I have both data and MMS working. Hope this helps.
    hey thanks i'll be sure to try that. but i noticed that some of my MMS settings are already filled in with cingular stuff.

    whenever i backspace one of the fields completely, it always just goes back to its default.

    could this be because i jailbroke/unlocked it without the Tmobile SIM in during the process?

    im thinking of restoring and reJB and reUN but i just need to know exactly when to have the ATT SIM in and the TMOBILE SIM in.

  20. #100
    ok ive found out some information..

    MMS needs to be configured or the text message will not send.
    Your number in Settings>Phone>My Number:

    Needs to be setup in the international form..

    like +1 (Area Code) Etc.

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •