Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Facetime - "Waiting for Activation" on T-Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by morehomes View Post
    Me too I've tried both 4.0 and upgraded to 4.01 and still the same thing. NO facetime and no MMS and no way to edit my cellular data settings.

If I can't get Facetime working I am going back to my 3g instead
    you can get MMS to work on Tmobile on the IP4.

islickster helped me out on that one.
    there are various methods, just dont use the one where you install winterboard and supreme preferences 3.0 because it messes with the settings.

(first hand experience)

Problem is with carrier and ultrasn0w unlock most likely this will require a hole new jailbreak going back to specs
    We need comex and planetbeing on this but when I ask him he tweeted be patient someone will figure it out (loud of b.s) guess us folks who don't want to to pay AT&T out the *** will have to keep gathering info untill another hacker appears

I just contacted AppleCare and asked them why even authorized unlocked device wont pick up FaceTime on T-Mobile US. and it was a simple answer. T-Mobile needs to push Carrier update to 7.2...I then called T-Mobile to see if they know whats going on, and they said they know nothing, and as soon as a lot of people start raising the question, they can possibly push the update thru. Because at T-Mobile, they dont care if its not their phone, they will try to help the customer as best as they can...

Am calling them and gonna say my carrier needs updating cause service sucks were am at. I will update post after with what happens I suggest others do the same

Also for those who are having issues regarding mms and data...you can get your data up and running by creating a APN carrier setting profile by going to unlockit.co.nz on your iPhone and email yourself the settings and install them..

For MMS on T-Mobile US, go into Cydia and add source http://beta.leimanmobile.com/repo and search for "T-Mobile 4.0 MMS Fix" and install that...after that is done, go into Settings-General-Network-Cellular Data and enter wap.voicestream.com for the MMS APN...leave everything else alone and send yourself an MMS and it should work. I tested this on IPhone 3G S and iPhone 4...works everytime

I called tech support they didn't know anything about the carrier 7.0 ( quick thought AT&T would should know)
    But the did seem quit receptive on helping me with my iPhone issues. Tech support did day the after 2g AT&T an Tmobile differ completely and that hspa+ will also be unsupported on the iPhone in the US (funny how it's support outside the US) so inclosing Tmobile tech support has no idea when the will be rolling out with carrier 7.2 if at all. May does of you who live in area were HSPA+ is available will tell us if your carrier says 7.0 on your unlocked iPhone 4 and does out of the usa please let's us know as well

By the way when I called Tmobile they surprised me with $5 worth of international texts unknown to me while I was attempting to activate FaceTime
    Last edited by Neo02126; 2010-08-05 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks for the heads up. I got about $6.00 worth! I turned off the FaceTime!
    Last edited by LosAngelesRider; 2010-08-06 at 01:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Those who think this can be "fixed" it cant. These things dont happen like magic.

Like i said in a previous post. Ive tried to Patch the commcenter and "spoof" the information.

Ive already gotten the phone to say its activated by spoofing the info back to the phone

But i cannot make a call. The reason is because APPLE needs your information in order for facetime to work.

Its that simple. It Cant be done.

In a sense, it would be just like trying to hack a carrier. Because in this case apple is our service provider.

They need our cell number to match it with our device so we can call other people who are registered as well.

Only way it can be done is if someone replicated the server. That is not only difficult. But very expensive. And it wouldnt be useable at all because too many people would be on it. Only a giant company like Skype, Fring, Apple. etc would be able to do this as they have the resources.

I am now thinking about selling my i4 and getting a different phone.

Or ill wait until next month when im going to hawaii and ill go and activate it when roaming on AT&T

I am incline to follow your lead and sell my ip4 aswell. let us know how the hawaii activation goes for you. tmobile users can only hope iphone 4 comes to tmobile in the winter time.
    i give up!!!!!!!!!! for now

Steve you may have one this round but the war is not over 
    Last edited by Neo02126; 2010-08-06 at 03:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Same thing happened to me. So I did a full restore then rejailbroke/unlock and the facetime switch was there but "still waiting for activation" however for some reason my cell data plan was also there? I have no idea why but it was and now I am able to put in the proper APN and my mms works!

Did any of you guys get the international text charges waived by T-Mobile? I haven't called in to ask so I was curious

Quote Originally Posted by roflc0pter View Post
    Did any of you guys get the international text charges waived by T-Mobile? I haven't called in to ask so I was curious
    Yeah I had 10 international text messages. I just called tmobile and told them that it never happened and they said to call in once the billing cycle ends, and they'll remove them

Good news...iOS 4.1 beta shows that FaceTime will be possible via email or phone number FaceTime via Email Arrives in iOS 4.1 Beta 3
    Last edited by Malik05; 2010-08-06 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

So on the iPhone Dev-Team Blog some people have been saying T-Mobile US FaceTime is working. Here are some instructions. Who is gonna try these first?

1. You activated with the ATT sim card that came with the phone (which is not linked to a line)
    2. You went to JailBreakMe.com and jailbroke your phone
    3. You installed ultrasn0w for the unlock
    4. You updated all available updates from Cydia
    5. You did not install any other additional packages
    6. You turned off the iPhone 4
    7. You took out the Sim Card (Need Clarification: Was this the ATT or T-Mobile sim at this point?)
    8. You turned the phone back on (without the sim card inserted)
    9. After the phone is on and you are at the home screen, you put the sim card in (Need Clarification: ATT sim or T-Mobile?)
    10. You used the option "Reset Network Settings"
    11. You left Cellular Data (APN, username, password) blank
    12. Configured the MMS field: wapDOTvoicestreamDOTcom
    13. Username was left blank
    14. Password was left blank
    15. Configured MMSC: 216dot155dot174dot84 / servlets / mms
    16. Configured MMS Proxy: 216dot155dot165dot50 : 808
    17. Selected No Max Message Size
    18. Selected No MMS UA Prof URL
    19. Configured No Internet Tethering Settings

And your MMS, FaceTime, and EDGE internet works on T-Mobile USA?

Last edited by Neo02126; 2010-08-07 at 03:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I'm not messing with FaceTime until T-Mobile sorts out the issues with the International Texting

please no one be scared because this guy wont try it

So on the iPhone Dev-Team Blog some people have been saying T-Mobile US FaceTime is working. Here are some instructions. Who is gonna try these first?

Quote:
    1. You activated with the ATT sim card that came with the phone (which is not linked to a line)
    2. You went to JailBreakMe.com and jailbroke your phone
    3. You installed ultrasn0w for the unlock
    4. You updated all available updates from Cydia
    5. You did not install any other additional packages
    6. You turned off the iPhone 4
    7. You took out the Sim Card (Need Clarification: Was this the ATT or T-Mobile sim at this point?)
    8. You turned the phone back on (without the sim card inserted)
    9. After the phone is on and you are at the home screen, you put the sim card in (Need Clarification: ATT sim or T-Mobile?)
    10. You used the option "Reset Network Settings"
    11. You left Cellular Data (APN, username, password) blank
    12. Configured the MMS field: wapDOTvoicestreamDOTcom
    13. Username was left blank
    14. Password was left blank
    15. Configured MMSC: 216dot155dot174dot84 / servlets / mms
    16. Configured MMS Proxy: 216dot155dot165dot50 : 808
    17. Selected No Max Message Size
    18. Selected No MMS UA Prof URL
    19. Configured No Internet Tethering Settings

And your MMS, FaceTime, and EDGE internet works on T-Mobile USA?

more proof of facetime on tmobile working
    iphone facetime Pictures, iphone facetime Images, iphone facetime Photos, iphone facetime Videos - Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
    Last edited by Neo02126; 2010-08-07 at 05:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

1. His phone can easily be an AT&T phone and is just doing it to tease people.

He could have easily turned 3G off so it remains on edge and use makeitmine on cydia to change his carrier name to say T-Mobile

2. It could be legit but sounds like he has a factory unlocked iPhone that allows him to have access I read that a couple of people with factory unlocked phones have facetime working.

The reason why I believe it's factory unlocked is because he has access to his data settings natively. AT&T locked phones that are ultrasnowed do not.you would have to do modification to the carrier.plist or install the fix through cydia which he stated he did not.

have you attempted this possible fix list above steps 1 to 19

Quote Originally Posted by Neo02126 View Post
    have you attempted this possible fix list above steps 1 to 19
    many times before you even posted it up.

Green Apple
    Thanks

on the video toward the end I swear it looks like it says 3G, not E.

but then again the carrier in the settings looks like it said tmobile as well as the 7.0 bs

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast