Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Facetime - "Waiting for Activation" on T-Mobile

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Took a lot of time, but finally got to the bottom of this and FT works
    Lots of reading this thread the last few days has helped me out and I felt compelled to share and give back now that I have FaceTime working perfectly on T-Mobile.

First off, I got it working using PushFix's solution called MiTime. But it was quite tricky to get that to cooperate, through no fault of his. I have a ton of respect for his patience with all of these different scenarios.

After trying quite a few days in a row to figure this one out, looking back I have some advice:

1. I used a PhoneBook SIM aka Contact SIM to activate the iPhone. This actually screws up the FaceTime token system. The SMS's keep trying to go through and don't.

2. After you activate with a PhoneBook SIM, you need to install the "Hacktivation Patch" found in the PushFix repo which allows you to swap the SIM card with something else (T-Mobile) and not have the phone need to re-activate with iTunes.

After steps 1 & 2, I had a jailbroken and unlocked iPhone 4 on T-Mobile. I thought that hey, this is the latest method that you have to use to unlock. Everything else worked great. But using the PhoneBook SIM actually was like building a house on sand.

I would check my Settings/Phone but it was always "Waiting for activation". Also, after installing MiTime it would display "FT SMS not sent". I would restore, try everything, and it was always the same result.

Well, one person (@boi801) tweeted today to @pushfix that they were able to get things working with FaceTime after they activated with a normal SIM. So I mimicked their steps:

a) Uninstall "Hacktivation Patch".
    b) Eject T-Mobile Micro SIM.
    c) iPhone asks for iTunes, plug USB cable in.
    d) Insert any Micro SIM specific to the carrier the iPhone 4 was originally locked to, i.e. for me AT&T. I had 4 laying around.
    e) iPhone says "Activation processing" or something, and lets you touch "Dismiss".
    f) Insert T-Mobile Micro SIM.
    g) Message pops up about Video Messaging and charges.
    h) Shouldn't need to reinstall "Hacktivation Patch".
    i) Check Settings, Phone to turn FaceTime "on".
    j) Download MiTime through Cydia and run.

All of those worked for me. Hope this helps anyone else save time. Feel free to ask any questions, but I'm no expert that's for sure.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to waterskiace For This Useful Post:

krakos (2010-09-04)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by waterskiace View Post
    Lots of reading this thread the last few days has helped me out and I felt compelled to share and give back now that I have FaceTime working perfectly on T-Mobile.

First off, I got it working using PushFix's solution called MiTime. But it was quite tricky to get that to cooperate, through no fault of his. I have a ton of respect for his patience with all of these different scenarios.

After trying quite a few days in a row to figure this one out, looking back I have some advice:

1. I used a PhoneBook SIM aka Contact SIM to activate the iPhone. This actually screws up the FaceTime token system. The SMS's keep trying to go through and don't.

2. After you activate with a PhoneBook SIM, you need to install the "Hacktivation Patch" found in the PushFix repo which allows you to swap the SIM card with something else (T-Mobile) and not have the phone need to re-activate with iTunes.

After steps 1 & 2, I had a jailbroken and unlocked iPhone 4 on T-Mobile. I thought that hey, this is the latest method that you have to use to unlock. Everything else worked great. But using the PhoneBook SIM actually was like building a house on sand.

I would check my Settings/Phone but it was always "Waiting for activation". Also, after installing MiTime it would display "FT SMS not sent". I would restore, try everything, and it was always the same result.

Well, one person (@boi801) tweeted today to @pushfix that they were able to get things working with FaceTime after they activated with a normal SIM. So I mimicked their steps:

d) Insert any Micro SIM specific to the carrier the iPhone 4 was originally locked to, i.e. for me AT&T. I had 4 laying around.
    e) iPhone says "Activation processing" or something, and lets you touch "Dismiss".

All of those worked for me. Hope this helps anyone else save time. Feel free to ask any questions, but I'm no expert that's for sure.
    Thanks, great post !

I knew there was something with Hacktivation patch.

I m on an Iphone 4 bought in France locked and I m using it in Sweden. First I had to get a Phonebook SIM to activate the phone. When Jailbreak came out I could unlock the device and use FT without any problem. Then someday I did a restore on the phone and the " insert different SIM " appeared.
    To bypass this I use the Pushfix activation patch and after that I was never able to use FT again and is still stuck on
    " waiting for activation " message.
    I tried Pushfix Mitime since day one and I could never got the SMS sent ... " waiting for SMS " message.

I ve got no original SIM from the provider the phone was locked to so I can t use your method.

I suppose the only ways would be to unlock officially the phone through the original carrier or to find an alternative to the Hacktivation patch.

Quote Originally Posted by waterskiace View Post

does anyone know: is the hacktivation patch the same as lockdownd? I just pwned to 4.1, did not use my phonebook sim (because pwnage hacktivates).

I have Unlock I phone 4 from apple it's work fine no problem

Sent from my iPhone 4

I just sent my wife her US iphone4 pwned (Jailbroken by doing the TinyUmbrella, Limerain combo, and unlocked by Ultrasn0w) on iOS 4.1. She took out the at&t sim and put in the cut docomo pacific sim and the phone functions work fine but it's not able to pickup docomo pacific data network. Facetime "waiting for activation" (3G Unrestrictor installed). Would the NTT Docomo Carrier Bundle work in Guam? If not, is there any other suggestions?

My is working 100% perfect T-mobile iphone 4 4.1

Instructions to Install MiTime on iPhone 4 to activate FaceTime on unofficial carrier

Step 1: Jailbreak your iPhone 4 with JailbreakMe.

Step 2: IF you are outside the US, check your phone # in Settings -> Phone. Your phone number must be correct and should have the + symbol at the front of it. You should NOT continue unless your phone # is exactly the one that you entered on the purchase page of MiTime.info

Step 3: Install MiTime from my repo via Cydia. To do so, follow the steps below

■Start ‘Cydia’ on your jailbroken iPhone 4 iOS 4.0.1 springboard.
    ■Select ‘Manage’ tab at the bottom of your iPhone screen and then select ‘Sources’.
    ■Select ‘Edit’ and then select ‘Add’. Now enter a URL source. Type ‘http://cydia.pushfix.info’ and select on ‘Add Source’. Once Cydia has added the source click on ‘Return to Cydia’ button.
    ■Once the installation is completed. Search for ‘MiTime’ in Cydia and install it.
    ■Reboot your iPhone.
    Step 4: Run MiTime and verify you are authorized – If your phone # matches, you will be.

Step 5: See below and compare to what you have on the screen:

■If it says “Ready for activation” and has an “Activate” button, you are ready to use a credit to activate.
    ■If it does NOT say “Ready for activation”, leave it at this screen until it resets FaceTime and re-springs (2 minutes). After re-spring, unlock the phone and within one minute it should warn you about costs – IMPORTANT–>click OK. If it doesn’t warn you or does not reset, see the troubleshooting tips below.
    ■If it says “Activated” you can stop here. It will back up your FaceTime activation for later recovery.
    Step 6: If you are ready, tap the Activate button and follow the prompts. Only send one activation request and wait for up to 15 minutes. It should only take 1 minute, but don’t waste your activation credits. If it doesn’t activate after 15 minutes, eject and re-insert your SIM. Wait 1 minute and then reboot.

Step 7: If it says the request was sent, stay on this screen. Within 1 minute usually, you will see it change to Activated.

Step 8: You are done. Once it shows Activated, it has saved your token and FaceTime is fully enabled.

The app can be used to fix almost any FaceTime problem in the future just by running it. To get the iPhone 4 FaceTime activation on all carriers you need to shell out $5.99 bucks to purchase MyTime cydia app.

got some big problems with mitime...
    i got an iphone 4 4.0.1 using simyo (jailbroken with jailbreakme and unlocking ultrasnow)

after installing mitime, mitime says:

No FT SMS sent
    Turn FT off and back ON in settings

Push is connected
    MiTime compatibility unknown
    FT activation is not on file
    attempts available: 5

what should i do to make it work???
    please help me, it's gettin me crazy!

Mine is also a factory unlocked ip4
    i got it from other counrty before xmas and using tmobile for half year in USA
    at first the facetime works fine and i can call my friend who is in other country...we chat couple times but last week i find out that the facetime icon gone, is not showing on the contact list...
    even i tried to switch it on and off and it still showing waiting for activation...i follow the instruction online and none of it works!!
    so is weird that at first it works great but now this function is gone!
    btw, i tired to switch the facetime button on and off, will it count as a text message on my bill?coz i dont have free texting, so now im worrying for my bill=[

Developer
    Thanks

YES HAHAHA IM SO HORNY!!!! I managed to get facetime to work natively on T-Mobile USA using the gevey sim card without MiTime! yes!!!

You have to pay for Mitime right?

Quote Originally Posted by Bby Scroopy View Post
    YES HAHAHA IM SO HORNY!!!! I managed to get facetime to work natively on T-Mobile USA using the gevey sim card without MiTime! yes!!!
    Which method did you use to do this?
    Last edited by tjlamro; 2011-04-13 at 07:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tjlamro View Post
    You have to pay for Mitime right?

Which method did you use to do this?
    He posted his method here, http://modmyi.com/forums/t-mobile/75...tethering.html

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    You guys must really want facetime desperately if you can't even wait until next week....
    hey confucious, i need some help please with facetime on os4.2.1jailbroke and unlocked with green poison then ultrasnow. facetime used to work when i was on 4.0.1, but after the upgrade, i facetime keeps saying 'waiting to activate'. do you know of a fix? i am still reading page by page through one of the threads and still looking for a fix. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Developer
    Thanks

no i really did not use MiTime pinky promise i spent a couple of days trying to build a bundle for T-Mobile USA and finally got one to work with facetime,tethering,interned(edge),and MMS i will release it but i want some ppl to try it out and test it before i do. ive restored my phone a couple times and reiserted my sim card a couple times too, to make sure it works each time and it does

http://modmyi.com/forums/t-mobile/75...tethering.html

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bby Scroopy View Post
    no i really did not use MiTime pinky promise i spent a couple of days trying to build a bundle for T-Mobile USA and finally got one to work with facetime,tethering,interned(edge),and MMS i will release it but i want some ppl to try it out and test it before i do. ive restored my phone a couple times and reiserted my sim card a couple times too, to make sure it works each time and it does

http://modmyi.com/forums/t-mobile/75...tethering.html
    hey bby,

i'm game... please send me your results and i will try. thanks.

Developer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by swooshmac View Post
    hey bby,

i'm game... please send me your results and i will try. thanks.
    okay i just PM you let me know

http://modmyi.com/forums/t-mobile/75...ml#post5966242

to enable facetime on iOS 4.2.1 on TMOBILE USA ONLY
    Last edited by Bby Scroopy; 2011-04-13 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone MoDaLoT's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by grant1x View Post
    im pretty sure after i installed winterboard and supreme preferences 3.0 to get the Cellular Data Network tab to edit MMS settings, the FaceTime ON/OFF switch completely disappeared from phone settings (settings>phone)

please help!
    i uninstalled supreme preferences 3.0, winterboard, and the source i added to get SP 3.0.

?!
    You need to download Apn setting in Cydia to get the Cellular Data tab

LIES! facetime and imessage worked perfectly on my factory unlocked iphone 4 on 5.0 i just upgraded to 5.1.1 and now i'm having all these problems

i also have a factory unlocked i4 and just updated to 5.1.1

to activate facetime and imessage, make sure you put in an ATT sim to activate right after installing firmware. my facetime and imessage worked flawlessly after i did that. after activation, i put my tmo sim in and have had no problems.

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526