Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Facetime - "Waiting for Activation" on T-Mobile

Hey pushfix are using your ispot with a unlocked phone?

Release coming very soon now. Public release might be tomorrow. Can't go into details, but had to get some special approval from a third party I'm working with.

Quote Originally Posted by teegray1124 View Post
    Hey pushfix are using your ispot with a unlocked phone?
    Yes. I also hacked it to allow any device to use it's internet connection instead of just Apple i-devices. See iSpot Unrestricted for that - I wasn't involved, I'm just a user of it. It was pretty easy to hack, it's just downloading the config file, modifying it, and reuploading.

Get it quick because the newest firmware for it doesn't allow it although they supposedly have an upcoming hack for the new firmware as well.

Once hacked, you can block OTA updates and lock your firmware version.

I'm only getting about 1.5 to 2 Mbps when home, but around 5 when I'm out in the car. I'm in a heavily wooded area.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pushfix For This Useful Post:

Dave516 (2010-08-23)

Quote Originally Posted by Pushfix View Post
    Release coming very soon now. Public release might be tomorrow. Can't go into details, but had to get some special approval from a third party I'm working with.
    Nice! Thanks for fixing Tmobile facetime. Let us know when we can try it out!

Appreciate the info pushfix purchasing one as soon as i get off, I can definitly use it while I am patrolling lol, I read your recent tweet FaceTime was limited, how can I get a copy as early? I can pay extra for it if necessary. I am police transfer in Houston just wanted to use it with fam. Thanks

Default iSpot on Iphone 4 Jailbroken/Unlocked
    Quote Originally Posted by teegray1124 View Post
    Appreciate the info pushfix purchasing one as soon as i get off, I can definitly use it while I am patrolling lol, I read your recent tweet FaceTime was limited, how can I get a copy as early? I can pay extra for it if necessary. I am police transfer in Houston just wanted to use it with fam. Thanks

Be careful....I just purchased one today in HOUSTON and my 4G signal is very low. Remember to check if 4G is available in the areas you spend most of your time, because the iSpot only works on 4G. Also, Jailbroken devices will not work unless you modify the iSpot. I am finding all this out as I am typing this email. I'm going to modify mine when I get home from work. I'll post my results after....thanks Pushfix!

Quote Originally Posted by bsmitty3535 View Post
    Be careful....I just purchased one today in HOUSTON and my 4G signal is very low. Remember to check if 4G is available in the areas you spend most of your time, because the iSpot only works on 4G. Also, Jailbroken devices will not work unless you modify the iSpot. I am finding all this out as I am typing this email. I'm going to modify mine when I get home from work. I'll post my results after....thanks Pushfix!
    I agree about the signal. Supposedly they have a 100% return policy if returned in two weeks or something. I had to find the perfect place in the house for it, it is not something you can just take anywhere and expect to work at this point.

As far as jailbroken devices working on it, it has nothing to do with whether they are jailbroken. Clear is using the MAC address of your device to tell if it is an Apple product or not and they are missing a huge range of i-devices. My iPhone 2G's and 3G's don't work on it without making it unrestricted. This is the fault of Clear. In the most recent firmware, they have added support for more products.

Below is the list of MAC addresses that are supported on mine. If the WiFi address of your device starts with the six characters that are shown in one of the OUI lines below, then that device is allowed. As you can see mine has RestrictedUse Enabled = false.

<29>Aug 12 20:53:12 sdkd: [OMA] ./WiMAXSupp/Operator/clear/Apps/RestrictedUse/Enabled=false
    <29>Aug 12 20:53:13 sdkd: [OMA] ./WiMAXSupp/Operator/clear/Apps/RestrictedUse/MaxNumDevicesRestr=8
    <29>Aug 12 20:53:13 sdkd: [OMA] ./WiMAXSupp/Operator/clear/Apps/RestrictedUse/RestrHotlineURI=http://www.clear.com/support/unsupported-device/ispot
    <29>Aug 12 20:53:13 sdkd: [OMA] ./WiMAXSupp/Operator/clear/Apps/RestrictedUse/Organization/0/OUI=0026B0
    <29>Aug 12 20:53:14 sdkd: [OMA] ./WiMAXSupp/Operator/clear/Apps/RestrictedUse/Organization/1/OUI=002436
    <29>Aug 12 20:53:14 sdkd: [OMA] ./WiMAXSupp/Operator/clear/Apps/RestrictedUse/Organization/2/OUI=002608
    <29>Aug 12 20:53:14 sdkd: [OMA] ./WiMAXSupp/Operator/clear/Apps/RestrictedUse/Organization/3/OUI=001E52
    <29>Aug 12 20:53:14 sdkd: [OMA] ./WiMAXSupp/Operator/clear/Apps/RestrictedUse/Organization/4/OUI=D49A20
    <29>Aug 12 20:53:14 sdkd: [OMA] ./WiMAXSupp/Operator/clear/Apps/RestrictedUse/Organization/5/OUI=7C6D62
    <29>Aug 12 20:53:14 sdkd: [OMA] ./WiMAXSupp/Operator/clear/Apps/RestrictedUse/Organization/6/OUI=D83062
    <29>Aug 12 20:53:14 sdkd: [OMA] ./WiMAXSupp/Operator/clear/Apps/RestrictedUse/Organization/7/OUI=002608
    <29>Aug 12 20:53:15 sdkd: [OMA] ./WiMAXSupp/Operator/clear/Apps/RestrictedUse/Organization/8/OUI=0026B0
    <29>Aug 12 20:53:15 sdkd: [OMA] ./WiMAXSupp/Operator/clear/Apps/RestrictedUse/Organization/9/OUI=041E64
    <29>Aug 12 20:53:15 sdkd: [OMA] ./WiMAXSupp/Operator/clear/Apps/RestrictedUse/Organization/10/OUI=001B63
    <29>Aug 12 20:53:15 sdkd: [OMA] ./WiMAXSupp/Operator/clear/Apps/RestrictedUse/Organization/11/OUI=001EC2
    <29>Aug 12 20:53:15 sdkd: [OMA] ./WiMAXSupp/Operator/clear/Apps/RestrictedUse/Organization/12/OUI=00264A
    <29>Aug 12 20:53:15 sdkd: [OMA] ./WiMAXSupp/Operator/clear/Apps/RestrictedUse/Organization/13/OUI=0026BB
    <29>Aug 12 20:53:15 sdkd: [OMA] ./WiMAXSupp/Operator/clear/Apps/RestrictedUse/Organization/14/OUI=002500
    <29>Aug 12 20:53:15 sdkd: [OMA] ./WiMAXSupp/Operator/clear/Apps/RestrictedUse/Organization/15/OUI=60334B
    <29>Aug 12 20:53:15 sdkd: [OMA] ./WiMAXSupp/Operator/clear/Apps/RestrictedUse/Organization/16/OUI=9027E4
    <29>Aug 12 20:53:16 sdkd: [OMA] ./WiMAXSupp/Operator/clear/Apps/RestrictedUse/Organization/17/OUI=001D4F
    <29>Aug 12 20:53:16 sdkd: [OMA] ./WiMAXSupp/Operator/clear/Apps/RestrictedUse/Organization/18/OUI=C42C03

i downloaded MiTime from cydia. but says it wont work until payment and authorization. waiting for both.

Quote Originally Posted by ballin3 View Post
    i downloaded MiTime from cydia. but says it wont work until payment and authorization. waiting for both.
    It's still a private test. The site/payment info won't be up and running until later - I believe he's shooting for tomorrow.

looks like more delays. i actually DLed the app form cydia yesterday. After the install of mitime yesterday i noticed i no longer incur long distance text message charges when flicking on and off the ft button

Green Apple
    Thanks

i saw it on cydia last night, but don't even see it there anymore... hope he gets it up soon. ready to buy...

Talking iPHONE 4 JB/UNLOCKED WITH iSPOT
    I agree about the signal. Supposedly they have a 100% return policy if returned in two weeks or something. I had to find the perfect place in the house for it, it is not something you can just take anywhere and expect to work at this point.

As far as jailbroken devices working on it, it has nothing to do with whether they are jailbroken. Clear is using the MAC address of your device to tell if it is an Apple product or not and they are missing a huge range of i-devices. My iPhone 2G's and 3G's don't work on it without making it unrestricted. This is the fault of Clear. In the most recent firmware, they have added support for more products.

Below is the list of MAC addresses that are supported on mine. If the WiFi address of your device starts with the six characters that are shown in one of the OUI lines below, then that device is allowed. As you can see mine has RestrictedUse Enabled = false.

Pushfix, you are right. It does not have anything to do with the apple device being jailbroken. I have a ip4 and a 3gs. The ip4 did not connect because the MAC address has not yet been included in the current firmware. However, the 3gs (also jb/unlocked) connected to the ispot (with default config file) with no problem. Until the firmware is updated to included the rest of the MAC addresses, the only way to get connection is by modding the iSpot. Once I was able to find a 4g area, the iSpot recorded as much as 5mb/sec. Now that's fast!!! However, not all places are 4g capable. Just do a search on google for "clear coverage map". With the iSpot, Facetime will be a key component to all idevises jailbroken or not. Cause, once the itouches are released with Facetime capabilities, they also will be able to facetime on the go with the ispot. Hope this helps.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My facetime was working fine, until now.. can't activate it anymore

Thumbs up The "MiTime" Situation
    Push Fix (twitter)

On Tuesday 24th August 2010, @pushfix said:

Read and comment: Perhaps the best way is to sell it and if it activates you, you are happy, if not you can request a refund. I can tell if your phone got activated, so I would happily grant refunds to those who were not successful in activating.

Usually I strive for 100% working like I did with Pushfix 2.0. I almost never had to issue a refund as it always works.

I think I could get closer to 100% with MiTime, but I know everyone wants it right now. It may take another week or two before I get to 100% working. If it didn't work for you, you could wait the week or two or request a refund.

The earliest I could do this is tomorrow because I am feeling ill right now from not enough sleep. Let me know what you think on twitter.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

It appears Pushfix has run into different issues regarding MiTime. He still has a few bugs to work out, HOWEVER, he wants to still release the app. If it activates then you're good and if it doesn't then just request a refund. I for one, would not have a problem paying upfront to see if it works. Appreciate the hard work Pushfix.

Default Activating FaceTime on Factory Unlocked iPhone 4
    Sorry if this has already been answered, but has anyone figured out how to get FaceTime activated on a Factory Unlocked iPhone 4 on t-mobile WITHOUT jailbreaking?

Because I already have 4.0.2 firmware so cannot jailbreak even if I wanted too. My dad has gotten his FaceTime to activate with his Factory Unlocked iPhone 4 on T-mobile (No jailbreaking or custom settings of ANY kind, straight out of the box. Didn't even have MMS settings set etc.) We both got ours from Canada, and I can tell from his bill that there is a text message going out in the middle of the night (3:09AM PST) to a number in the UK and a message coming back in within the same minute from a different number in the UK. I asked T-Mobile's Level 3 Tech Support and they confirmed that BOTH messages are standard SMS and don't require MMS settings to receive. First of all can anyone confirm that this is definitely a carrier issue, or an Apple issue?

Also, that UK number--- is everybody's international texts going to that number even from other carriers?? Or is that actually a T-Mobile thing because they have their headquarters in the UK with the iPhone 4 on it, so they have 'local'(local to the UK) facetime activation servers? I suspect that half the issues that people are experiencing have to do with the activation server (wherever it is) being bogged down during the day, and being free at night. I should clarify and say night for the USA. Anyway, I just think that this issue is not actually a jailbreak/unlock issue and the thread has gotten quite distracted. I have been working with Apple for several hours at this point over the phone and now have my case escalated to an engineer. I will post here if there is any news from the engineer, they said it would take 4-5 days to get back to me.

Quote Originally Posted by bsmitty3535 View Post
    Push Fix (twitter)

On Tuesday 24th August 2010, @pushfix said:

It appears Pushfix has run into different issues regarding MiTime. He still has a few bugs to work out, HOWEVER, he wants to still release the app. If it activates then you're good and if it doesn't then just request a refund. I for one, would not have a problem paying upfront to see if it works. Appreciate the hard work Pushfix.
    I was going to come here and post the same thing, but you beat me to it. The issues I've run into are software problems on users phones. FaceTime for a tiny percentage of users is not sending the registration request so there is no way I can send a reply to activate them (reply requires a request or phone ignores it). Reset all settings fixed a user and a full restore fixed another. I will continue to work to get it running without a restore, but I shouldn't delay all sales while I research that solution.

I still maintain that IF your phone sends me an activation request, I can activate your phone on whatever carrier anywhere in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by bobkooney View Post
    Sorry if this has already been answered, but has anyone figured out how to get FaceTime activated on a Factory Unlocked iPhone 4 on t-mobile WITHOUT jailbreaking?

Because I already have 4.0.2 firmware so cannot jailbreak even if I wanted too. My dad has gotten his FaceTime to activate with his Factory Unlocked iPhone 4 on T-mobile (No jailbreaking or custom settings of ANY kind, straight out of the box. Didn't even have MMS settings set etc.) We both got ours from Canada, and I can tell from his bill that there is a text message going out in the middle of the night (3:09AM PST) to a number in the UK and a message coming back in within the same minute from a different number in the UK. I asked T-Mobile's Level 3 Tech Support and they confirmed that BOTH messages are standard SMS and don't require MMS settings to receive. First of all can anyone confirm that this is definitely a carrier issue, or an Apple issue?

Also, that UK number--- is everybody's international texts going to that number even from other carriers?? Or is that actually a T-Mobile thing because they have their headquarters in the UK with the iPhone 4 on it, so they have 'local'(local to the UK) facetime activation servers? I suspect that half the issues that people are experiencing have to do with the activation server (wherever it is) being bogged down during the day, and being free at night. I should clarify and say night for the USA. Anyway, I just think that this issue is not actually a jailbreak/unlock issue and the thread has gotten quite distracted. I have been working with Apple for several hours at this point over the phone and now have my case escalated to an engineer. I will post here if there is any news from the engineer, they said it would take 4-5 days to get back to me.
    I'd love to hear what Apple tells you, but you are wasting your time. Apple is contractually bound to NOT activate people's FaceTime on unofficial carriers. I have been told this by someone in the know... Apple tries to block 100% of requests from unofficial carriers, but occasionally something gets through. There is only one FaceTime activation number for the whole rest of the world besides AT&T. It is not overloaded.

I can't speak to the solution of doing it on an unjailbroken phone at this time, but wait and see.

I was going to come here and post the same thing, but you beat me to it. The issues I've run into are software problems on users phones. FaceTime for a tiny percentage of users is not sending the registration request so there is no way I can send a reply to activate them (reply requires a request or phone ignores it). Reset all settings fixed a user and a full restore fixed another. I will continue to work to get it running without a restore, but I shouldn't delay all sales while I research that solution.

I still maintain that IF your phone sends me an activation request, I can activate your phone on whatever carrier anywhere in the world.

I'd love to hear what Apple tells you, but you are wasting your time. Apple is contractually bound to NOT activate people's FaceTime on unofficial carriers. I have been told this by someone in the know... Apple tries to block 100% of requests from unofficial carriers, but occasionally something gets through. There is only one FaceTime activation number for the whole rest of the world besides AT&T. It is not overloaded.

I can't speak to the solution of doing it on an unjailbroken phone at this time, but wait and see.
    I guess I understand your explanation about this, but I think a major hole in the theory is that FaceTime does not use any carrier after the initial text message. I suppose if Apple REALLY operates that shady it could be the way you described, but that is extremely shady to do that to customers and then let them rack up huge international fees and leave a major headache for carriers that they might potentially want to ally with in the future. It certainly screams poor business sense. And I can find nothing else on the web to suggest that they are blocking these texts intentionally. I am not saying that you are wrong, I guess I am more saying that it is sad what Apple has become just to hold up contracts with carriers.

I need some help. I sold my 1st iPhone 4. I just got a new yesterday and unlocked it. I'm having a problem with it. 1st I was getting the AT&T setting and couldn't edit it. So I installed tmobile ios 4 fix. It didn't work. So I install a apn editor and was able to edit them. But then I lost my face time. Then I installed carrier reset on push fix cydia source. That fix it and brought it back. Some how it vanished. I would restore my phone, but I can't cus I only have a shsh of 4.0.2. Can some shed some light on this? Thanks...

Found the fix...

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f456/how-fix-iphone-no-cellular-data-network-solved-1076909/
    Last edited by LosAngelesRider; 2010-08-26 at 12:43 AM.

MiTime (Pushfix's facetime fix) is out, and works great! Just Facetimed an AT&T iPhone from my unlocked Tmobile iPhone without any hitches. Thanks Pushfix!

Same here! Got MiTime activate with no problems, very easy process, just watch the video and be patient after you hit that Activate button.
    Just tried Facetime over Wifi with a friend on AT&T...worked like a champ!
    I also tried Facetime over the EDGE using Facebreak...It worked! Viedo is clear but choppy. I just had to try.

Thanks pushfix!
    Last edited by nelesq; 2010-08-25 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Give thanks to pushfix!

We finally have FaceTime on unofficial carrier. Now my IP4 is fully functional. Thank you so much Pushfix for your hard work.

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast