Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Facetime - "Waiting for Activation" on T-Mobile

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

This stops now. Stop pushing an app that so far from all the comments I see is causing issues.

This thread is for people that are actually working on getting Facetime working and not to push an app that seems to be a scam.

It does not matter if the fix is a paid fix or free. People want a working solution and not a scam. Which as far as I can see eliranbi is pushing one of those from the complaints.

It stops now.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    This stops now. Stop pushing an app that so far from all the comments I see is causing issues.

This thread is for people that are actually working on getting Facetime working and not to push an app that seems to be a scam.

It does not matter if the fix is a paid fix or free. People want a working solution and not a scam. Which as far as I can see eliranbi is pushing one of those from the complaints.

It stops now.
    Thank you. I will check back here for any questions if anyone has any besides "when is it going to be released?".

ZacharyEthan
    Hey Guys just wanted to let everyone know I tested out @pushfix FaceTime fix and it works PERFECTLY! The public will be pleased! Stay tuned!

Twitter / [email protected]: Hey Guys just wanted to le ...

I have also posted the first screenshots from the app on my twitter.

Again, it will be out within 5 days or I'll have people knocking down my door.

there is a lot of tease on your twitter pushfix. Makes us a lot more anxious. hopefully tomorrow i guess. LOL Thanks for the Good work.

this is not a permanent solution but it beats fring by a long shot... if your too impatient to wait for the real thing check out a free app called Knocking Live Video. I used that when I had my 3g but it never supported sound, now it does and you can use your front camera and back camera. I have been using it to talk to my bro in Iraq.

Quote Originally Posted by Pushfix View Post
    Thank you. I will check back here for any questions if anyone has any besides "when is it going to be released?".

ZacharyEthan
    Hey Guys just wanted to let everyone know I tested out @pushfix FaceTime fix and it works PERFECTLY! The public will be pleased! Stay tuned!

Twitter / [email protected]: Hey Guys just wanted to le ...

I have also posted the first screenshots from the app on my twitter.

Again, it will be out within 5 days or I'll have people knocking down my door.
    Pushfix,

Will your Facetime fix work over 3g or Edge as well or just Wifi? Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

His FaceTime fix is just to fix activation. So once activated you would have to use my3g, 3G unrestrictor or facebreak to use FaceTime over 3G.

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    His FaceTime fix is just to fix activation. So once activated you would have to use my3g, 3G unrestrictor or facebreak to use FaceTime over 3G.

Tmobile doesn't support 3G on the iPhone and im sure it sucks over EDGE so there is probably no point in getting my3g or 3g unrestrictor

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

For Tmobile no, but for other unsupported carriers that 3G does work on you can use those tools for Facetime over 3G.

It's only T-Mobile in the USA that can't use 3G on the iPhone. In every other country they can.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thank you guys for the replies. You are all right, 3g does not work on T-mob US since it runs on a different band. I just hope Pushfix releases it this weekend or early next week.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to imvirus For This Useful Post:

nelesq (2010-08-23)

Do you guys know another service in the US that does support 3G on the same frequency as ATT? If there is one i would lile to know about it because EDGE sucks donkey d1ck.

Quote Originally Posted by imvirus View Post
    Thank you guys for the replies. You are all right, 3g does not work on T-mob US since it runs on a different band. I just hope Pushfix releases it this weekend or early next week.
    Yes, it will be out this weekend or early next week. A provider I'm using hasn't got back to me for 22 hours now and I'm not happy. I'm doing everything else I can, but I really need to talk to them to continue. I really hope they work on the weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by 3am View Post
    Do you guys know another service in the US that does support 3G on the same frequency as ATT? If there is one i would lile to know about it because EDGE sucks donkey d1ck.
    I'm using a Clear iSpot (WiFi hotspot) which uses WiMax. It has good coverage where I am and I get 3-9 mbps depending on the signal. I dropped T-Mobile's $10/month EDGE and got the iSpot for $25/month and it provides nearly the same speed as when I'm home. It's unlimited downloading, but they do throttle you after a certain time of constant downloading.

Of course Clear isn't available in many areas right now.

Thumbs up EDGE Sux
    (Quote by @pushfix)
    I'm using a Clear iSpot (WiFi hotspot) which uses WiMax. It has good coverage where I am and I get 3-9 mbps depending on the signal. I dropped T-Mobile's $10/month EDGE and got the iSpot for $25/month and it provides nearly the same speed as when I'm home. It's unlimited downloading, but they do throttle you after a certain time of constant downloading.

Of course Clear isn't available in many areas right now.

I never thought to just 86 my $30 data plan and just pick up a ispot. Is there any features I would lose if I went this route?

Clear is available in my area. Pushfix......you're the man. THANKS!!!

********** CANNOT WAIT FOR YOUR FACETIME FIX **********

i have one question,once i pay for FT fix from pushfix,when i reboot my phone or eject sim card or turn on/off FT activation button,do i have to pay the fix FT again?do i have to pay for 2 SMS again?
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Quote Originally Posted by shortgun52 View Post
    i have one question,once i pay for FT fix from pushfix,when i reboot my phone or eject sim card or turn on/off FT activation button,do i have to pay the fix FT again?do i have to pay for 2 SMS again?
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH
    No. According to Pushfix, you'll only have to pay once to activate your Facetime. Once your phone number gets registered in his server, you facetime will remain activated forever. So even if you reboot, turn off your phone or pop out the simcard, you'll still have facetime activated. And I believe if you purchase his app, you'll received 3 credits along with it just in case you screw up somewhere in the installation. Hope this helps.

No. According to Pushfix, you'll only have to pay once to activate your Facetime. Once your phone number gets registered in his server, you facetime will remain activated forever. So even if you reboot, turn off your phone or pop out the simcard, you'll still have facetime activated. And I believe if you purchase his app, you'll received 3 credits along with it just in case you screw up somewhere in the installation. Hope this helps.
    thank you very much
    one more thing,what i know is to active facetime fix,i got to pay 2 SMS,what happend later if i block my SMS with Tmobile.everytime i turn off the phone,eject sim card...i have to unblock my SMS or no???
    thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by bsmitty3535 View Post
    Is there any features I would lose if I went this route?
    None really. Everything works over it and I just plug it in the cigarette lighter while in the car.

I intend to make a video showing FaceTime over Clear soon after release. It'll probably help their sales too.

Not only that, but it will restore your FT activation even after a firmware restore! It won't have that functionality at release though as I'm still working on that. It does make a local backup which is used to restore activation should you turn FaceTime off or change SIMs. Ejecting the SIM without rebooting doesn't seem to cause it to lose activation.

If I could hook into FaceTime, I could prevent it from deactivating or immediately replace the deleted token. At this time, if the token is removed, you do have to run the app and it immediately fixes it with the backup. Again, this only happens when you turn FaceTime off or change SIMs.

Quote Originally Posted by shortgun52 View Post
    thank you very much
    one more thing,what i know is to active facetime fix,i got to pay 2 SMS,what happend later if i block my SMS with Tmobile.everytime i turn off the phone,eject sim card...i have to unblock my SMS or no???
    thanks again
    No, turning off phone or ejecting the SIM does not need activation. Only turning FaceTime off requires a reactivate and that is done for free by my app by restoring the backup. Just keep FaceTime on and you will be set for a *long* time. FaceTime does not use any extra battery since it uses push notifications for incoming call alerts. It also sends a small registration packet of around 100 bytes every 15 minutes or so. That lets Apple know you are online and accessible.

Once you activate with those two SMS messages, you can block SMS messages on your account again. Personally I don't SMS so I use the block on my account. I do have the unlimited text plan now as I needed it for development/testing.
    Last edited by Pushfix; 2010-08-22 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

So i believe the company is not opened during the weekend pushfix?

Quote Originally Posted by teegray1124 View Post
    So i believe the company is not opened during the weekend pushfix?
    I don't think they were working on the weekends. Pushfix mentioned that it will be released this weekend or this coming week. Considering this weekend is almost over, I would assume it will be release sometime this coming week.

If it work in simple mobile ill buy it for sure with my friends. Or from someone else not only pushfix is worKing on that.

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast