Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Facetime - "Waiting for Activation" on T-Mobile

GUYS CHECK OUT MY THREAD THAT I JUST POSTED..."Facetime and mms not working on iphone4 using t-mobile...official explanation...read!!!""...ITS VERY LONG BUT PLEASE READ FULLY AND YOU WILL UNDERSTAND THIS DILEMMA A LITTLE BETTER!!!

Mms is working. You just have to have the right settings...

For T-Mobile USA MMS, use this settings:

APN: epc.tmobile.com
    MMSC: mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc

Everything else is blank

The following setup works for me. Sent an MMS to my own number and received it after a minute or so.

Quote Originally Posted by imvirus View Post

Everything else is blank

The following setup works for me. Sent an MMS to my own number and received it after a minute or so.
    I input these settings, rebooted, tried to send a MMS to my own number but Message Send Failure.

I noticed though when inputting the settings,

everytime I backspaced MMS proxy and MMS Max Message Size, the previous settings that were in there just came back.

it keeps coming back to these settings:

MMS PROXY: wireless.cingular.com:80
    MMS MAX MESSAGE SIZE: 1048576

^^does that matter?

Are you using a T-Mobile sim card? I believe MMS PROXY: wireless.cingular.com:80 belongs to AT&T.

Quote Originally Posted by grant1x View Post
    I input these settings, rebooted, tried to send a MMS to my own number but Message Send Failure.

I noticed though when inputting the settings,

everytime I backspaced MMS proxy and MMS Max Message Size, the previous settings that were in there just came back.

it keeps coming back to these settings:

MMS PROXY: wireless.cingular.com:80
    MMS MAX MESSAGE SIZE: 1048576

^^does that matter?

Are you using a T-Mobile sim card? I believe MMS PROXY: wireless.cingular.com:80 belongs to AT&T.
    yes i am using my cut tmobile microSIM

is it because i activated the IP4 with my friends active and working ATT microSIM when i got the phone?

is it because i activated the IP4 with my friends active and working ATT microSIM when i got the phone?
    so you had to call ATT and have them open up the MMS rite???...cuz if so ...that may be a problem since ur phone is somehow remembering those settings...damn att and apple...let me know...im here to help if i can

No it can't be. I also activated my Iphone 4 using an active microsim that I borrowed from a co-worker if mine that has an IP4. Something might have messed up your setting when you installed the SP3. Winterboard might not be the culprit since I have winterboard installed on my IP4 and everything is working except Facetime.

btw...ive noticed another flaw using t-mobile...have you guys tried to use safari or the internet while making a phone call...my edge signal drops and says that "the cellular data network settings are not available during this call"...anybody else getting this???...this sucks!!

no i never called ATT.

i just simply borrowed my friends working and active ATT microSIM who also has an IP4 and put it in mine to bypass the emergency call screen.

so i doubt its that but i dont think it's SP3.0 because i uninstalled that, and its source, and even did a restore from backup.

maybe i just need to restore my phone and re-jailbreak and re-unlock.

but currently i do not have access to any other microSIMs than Tmobile ones..

Everything else is blank

Worked for me, but still no FaceTime

Quote Originally Posted by drbf View Post
    Worked for me, but still no FaceTime
    Looks like we'll just have to deal with not having Facetime capabilities for now until someone comes up with a Comcenter hack that will make IP4 running T-mob simcard think it is running an AT&T sim card. Similar to the xsim concept I guess.

I'm in the boat of those "Waiting for Activation" for Facetime. Another thing is that I cannot get the Cellular Data Network menu to appear to edit my APN and MMS settings. If anyone has found a fix for this please let us know. Thanks
    iPhone 4 32GB JB & Unlocked w/ T-Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by JRML970 View Post
    I'm in the boat of those "Waiting for Activation" for Facetime. Another thing is that I cannot get the Cellular Data Network menu to appear to edit my APN and MMS settings. If anyone has found a fix for this please let us know. Thanks
    Have you activated your IP4 via active AT&T microsim or Phonebook simcard?

Have you activated your IP4 via active AT&T microsim or Phonebook simcard?
    this will not work...tried it already...wont work for getting facetime icon and wont work for "cellular data network" field either...

-FACETIME as of now...definitely a NO-GO... a custom patch needs to be made most likely

-fixing MMS by getting "cellular data network" field...may different ways to do but easiest is to restore your IP4 and use an older backup file of an iphone that had this tab..(for me i used my 3gs backup)...if you restore as new iphone with new name then you will get nowhere...sorry imvirus this is not directed to you...i am just quoting you since you are trying to help...

Well on both of my iPhone 4's to activate them I used the AT&T microsim(unactivated) that came with them. I activated and then restored from a backup that had the cellular network data menu, along with all my settings filled in. I did this on both phones and neither have the menu.
    iPhone 4 32GB JB & Unlocked w/ T-Mobile

ive been at this for hours

Ive patched the commcenter on my iphone 4 so it will allow me to install custom .ipcc

ive then manually edited the carrier.plist files to allow me to natively edit mms and apn settings
    so now i can edit my apn and mms settings manually in Settings>General>Network>Carrier Data

Now as for facetime, its still a no go. I've tried adding a different PhoneNumberGatewayAddress in the carrier.plist

both the ones used in the us and the ones used in the EU.

i still get the waiting for activation under the on and off toggle.

I doubt there will be any way to use facetime on an unsupported network

do you think that there could be a fix released in Cydia that would somehow fix the FaceTime on Tmobile issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Apple. View Post
    ive been at this for hours

Ive patched the commcenter on my iphone 4 so it will allow me to install custom .ipcc

ive then manually edited the carrier.plist files to allow me to natively edit mms and apn settings
    so now i can edit my apn and mms settings manually in Settings>General>Network>Carrier Data

Now as for facetime, its still a no go. I've tried adding a different PhoneNumberGatewayAddress in the carrier.plist

both the ones used in the us and the ones used in the EU.

i still get the waiting for activation under the on and off toggle.

I doubt there will be any way to use facetime on an unsupported network
    Somewhere during the day, switching sim cards between at&t and t-mobile, I got a couple of txt delivered that were not supposed to be.. obviously these were the facetime authorization communications between iphone and server. They came from

+447786205094

Quote Originally Posted by Toaster View Post
    Somewhere during the day, switching sim cards between at&t and t-mobile, I got a couple of txt delivered that were not supposed to be.. obviously these were the facetime authorization communications between iphone and server. They came from

+447786205094
    Yeah that is true, that happened with my girls iphone 4 unlocked that is on another carrier.

And thats what im saying Its not a phone issue, Its a carrier issue.

The carrier handles how sms are handled on their network. If the carrier was supported, by the time you got the Text message from that number is the time FaceTime should have activated
    Last edited by Apple.; 2010-08-05 at 03:19 AM.

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast