Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Facetime - "Waiting for Activation" on T-Mobile

SWEEEETTTT!!!! I bought his push fix and it was great. I have no prob throwing down a few bucks to make this work! Thanks pushfix!

Yup I can confirm he has a working fix. If I had to guess, it will be out within 48 hours.

nice.....i cant wait...

Props to zeve and bartman for being persistent as well. A couple days ago I said "give up", but I gotta put my foot in my mouth and appreciate you guys. And thank you for not creating a fake app to collect e-mails for your listserv. Always a plus.

you can pay now and its fixed?
    or u have to wait for his release?

Quote Originally Posted by tizzle719 View Post
    you can pay now and its fixed?
    or u have to wait for his release?
    Gotta wait for the release. I'm sure it'll get a good amount of coverage, so you'll know when.

it works
    pushfix helped me himself
    my iphone4 now got facetime with tmobile
    sooo happpy right now

Quote Originally Posted by tizzle719 View Post
    it works
    pushfix helped me himself
    my iphone4 now got facetime with tmobile
    sooo happpy right now
    can ya share with us?

pushfix himself activated it for me

wait for his public release

Yes, the good news is that it is possible, bad news is it's going to take at least a few more days to automate it for *everyone* to use. There will also be some kind of nominal fee as

1) I'm in this to make a living, like other iPhone programmers.
    2) It costs me per activation.
    3) I'm going to have to pay for an SMS gateway provider to process international SMS messages.

My solution will also preserve FT activation, even if you pull the SIM. In the future it would also store the FT token & other necessary data on my server so that it could be restored after a firmware restore (without SMS messages).

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pushfix For This Useful Post:

3am (2010-08-17), bsmitty3535 (2010-08-17), Neo02126 (2010-08-17), tizzle719 (2010-08-17)

I thought it was changing to email activation from 4.1?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

It's going to have email activation in addition to SMS, as far as I know. And then you would need to wait on a JB and a new unlock.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Pushfix For This Useful Post:

3am (2010-08-17)

I don't have an iPhone 4 and am in the UK where we don't have this problem- just I assumed that they would turn off SMS activation and it just seems a lot of trouble for you to go to for what could, potentially be a very limited window.
    Hopefully Apple won't turn off SMS activation in an effort to persuade people to upgrade to 4.1!
    Congrats BTW. Good job
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

I'm going to get it out as fast as possible, but the good thing with iPhone owners is they're an impatient bunch (I include myself BTW).. I mean look at these people spending $10 or more on international SMS just for the chance of getting it? And then it might disappear and they are out that money.

Also, I don't think they would cut 4.0 SMS activation that quickly. It would hurt if the JB and unlock came out right away, but I accept that risk.

NOTE: I'm not involved in the JB/unlock scene so there is no conflict of interest.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Pushfix For This Useful Post:

3am (2010-08-17)

People are very impatient - but surprisingly reluctant to actually spend money on apps. Spend $60 on SMS trying to activate, fine. Spend $5 on an App to do it for you? Never!

Hopefully I'm wrong. Good luck with it

So does the fix still require sending out an international text message? I still need to call T-Mobile to get my 40+ messages waived.

I just checked my IP4 after the overnight test but no go. I'll just wait for Pushfix's app. Thanks Zeve for the effort though.

Quote Originally Posted by imvirus View Post
    I just checked my IP4 after the overnight test but no go. I'll just wait for Pushfix's app. Thanks Zeve for the effort though.
    It may have not worked over nite was the FaceTime toggle off when u checked it this morning... If it was turn it
    On if it wasn't turn it off than back on and it should activate within 30 mins or so if it doesn't I am sorry pushfix has done wonders and will help everyone as soon as he packages it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartman1983 View Post
    It may have not worked over nite was the FaceTime toggle off when u checked it this morning... If it was turn it
    On if it wasn't turn it off than back on and it should activate within 30 mins or so if it doesn't I am sorry pushfix has done wonders and will help everyone as soon as he packages it.
    No it was still "on" and saying "waiting for activation".

I'll try that now and see. thanks

Default Celeb fool sucks
    This celebfoolery crap doesn't work period take it from someone who has tried it multiple times on three different iPhone 4. I've tried emailing cydia saurik about these idiots hopeful someone will shut them down. Ps congratz on a real game changer pushfix you the man. Can't wait to FaceTime my 3 friends who have it. To me this just means I will have a fully functioning iPhone 4 with all the Bells and whistles. Jb/ulkd always means getting over on the man (sjobs)
    And free ur ip4's true potential. Cheers to does who Make that possible
    Last edited by Neo02126; 2010-08-17 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Typo

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast