Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 518

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Facetime - "Waiting for Activation" on T-Mobile

  1. #281
    Is it easy to switch back to $5.99 tzones once you activate smart data phone package? And will ft still work?

  2. #282
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shoe Man View Post
    Is it easy to switch back to $5.99 tzones once you activate smart data phone package? And will ft still work?
    I don't think you can get it back ($5.99 TZone) once you cancel it. It has been obsolete for quite a while now. So once it's out of your plan, it's gone forever. You'll probably end up with the $10 Web2go plan.

  3. #283
    Cool I'll give it a shot tonight and post back

  4. #284
    Then I'll pass. I can't give up my grandfathered tzones

  5. #285
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shoe Man View Post
    Is it easy to switch back to $5.99 tzones once you activate smart data phone package? And will ft still work?
    Yes once FaceTime is activated u can call n switch back to what ever plan u have and it does not affect FaceTime

  6. #286
    Even if you're giving up grandfathered plans?

  7. #287
    Well I'm happy to hear that some of you actually followed the email instructions and switch to the SmartPhone plan and Facetime is working for you !!!!

  8. #288
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shoe Man View Post
    Even if you're giving up grandfathered plans?
    Not sure that is a question for tmobile (which I think they will say once you switch can't go back to an older plan) I am already on the smart phone data plan so I'll just ask them to remove it and re add

  9. #289
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartman1983 View Post
    Yes once FaceTime is activated u can call n switch back to what ever plan u have and it does not affect FaceTime
    I'm pretty sure T-Mob customer service can do that for you but not on the grandfathered internet plan like TZones. I've confirmed this with T-Mob themselves long ago coz they were offering me to switch to their $9.99 Web2go but when I asked if I can get Tzone back just in case I do not like the Web2go service and the rep told me that I cannnot get Tzones back once I give it up since it is an obsolete plan.

  10. #290
    For those of you who dont want to give up your plans because they no longer exist, you may be able to ask T-Mobile to add an ADDITIONAL plan to your account. I think just changing the service on the account is what does the trick (aka you receive a text from T-Mobile hours later saying changes have been made to your account)

  11. #291
    Quote Originally Posted by zeve View Post
    For those of you who dont want to give up your plans because they no longer exist, you may be able to ask T-Mobile to add an ADDITIONAL plan to your account. I think just changing the service on the account is what does the trick (aka you receive a text from T-Mobile hours later saying changes have been made to your account)
    after its activated are you able to turn it off and on whenever, reboot the phone etc with no problems? even pulling the sim out? I did see pushfix say turn it off before you do that though
    Last edited by alpineflip; 2010-08-16 at 10:49 PM.

  12. #292
    Quote Originally Posted by zeve View Post
    For those of you who dont want to give up your plans because they no longer exist, you may be able to ask T-Mobile to add an ADDITIONAL plan to your account. I think just changing the service on the account is what does the trick (aka you receive a text from T-Mobile hours later saying changes have been made to your account)
    Once I get my IP4 jailbroken again and unlocked, I'll call T-Mob and ask if I can do that coz I want to try your instructions tonight and hopefully it works coz I'm getting tired of accumilating those int'l text fee of .20 cents each everytime I try to activate Facetime. I have like $17.60 worth of int'l texts on my account now. But I had the $14.60 waived so $3 worth total.

  13. #293
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shoe Man View Post
    Then I'll pass. I can't give up my grandfathered tzones
    That's a good point tzones u will loose but u will never have facetime well atleast till 4.1

    Quote Originally Posted by imvirus View Post
    Once I get my IP4 jailbroken again and unlocked, I'll call T-Mob and ask if I can do that coz I want to try your instructions tonight and hopefully it works coz I'm getting tired of accumilating those int'l text fee of .20 cents each everytime I try to activate Facetime. I have like $17.60 worth of int'l texts on my account now. But I had the $14.60 waived so $3 worth total.
    I had at total of 66.20 of international txt until I found away which tmobile waved all 66.20 dollars

    Quote Originally Posted by eliranbi View Post
    Well I'm happy to hear that some of you actually followed the email instructions and switch to the SmartPhone plan and Facetime is working for you !!!!
    That's stupid program is the answer nor is the email I had the data plan only when I got off it n got bk on the same data plan it work with all the instruction zeve and I put together
    Last edited by Bartman1983; 2010-08-16 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  14. #294
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartman1983 View Post
    That's a good point tzones u will loose but u will never have facetime well atleast till 4.1



    I had at total of 66.20 of international txt until I found away which tmobile waved all 66.20 dollars



    That's stupid program is the answer nor is the email I had the data plan only when I got off it n got bk on the same data plan it work with all the instruction zeve and I put together
    I was gonna wait 'till I get Facetime to work but I was worried I might not get all the Int'l texts waived if I had too many. But it's all good and I'm glad you are a happy camper now. Got your $66.20 waived and was able to activate Facetime. Can't wait to try the instructions you and Zeve put together.

  15. #295
    Ya sure you & Zeve
    Why don't ask Zeve who did he spoke with at 2am over skype and tell him what to do to make it work.
    You guys are ungrateful ...

  16. #296
    I'm feel sorry for whoever has tried all the methods on here but didn't work. For those who doubt about the fact that it works for us, check out this my video below
    YouTube - Facetime working on iphone4 tmobile

  17. #297
    Quote Originally Posted by eliranbi View Post
    Ya sure you & Zeve
    Why don't ask Zeve who did he spoke with at 2am over skype and tell him what to do to make it work.
    You guys are ungrateful ...
    Omg are u serious ur email in that package says get data plan turn on wifi and wait that's not all u have to do and u are dumb to think getting the data plan is all u have to do it has everything to do with the way the txt are sent and switching plans or getting off the data plan and back on it is the only way to change ur send from ip and gateway that isn't rejected by the send to gateway

  18. #298
    Just to let everyone know you don't need a data plan to get Facetime to work. I had it activated and working a week or so ago and I don't have any data plan. I've yet to try these new instructions but I thought I'd share that you don't need to lose your current data plan or add a new one. It sounds like people are just getting lucky when trying to activate and it's still very hit and miss. As I see it nothing has changed when trying to get Facetime working on T-Mobile. No need jump to conclusions until something is released and is working 100% of the time.
    iPhone 4 32GB JB & Unlocked w/ T-Mobile

  19. #299
    Quote Originally Posted by alpineflip View Post
    after its activated are you able to turn it off and on whenever, reboot the phone etc with no problems? even pulling the sim out? I did see pushfix say turn it off before you do that though
    Yes u can turn it off and on all u want once activated but do listen to pushfix if FaceTime is not off when u removed the sim u will be back to repeating our steps and trying to reactivate it

    Quote Originally Posted by imvirus View Post
    I was gonna wait 'till I get Facetime to work but I was worried I might not get all the Int'l texts waived if I had too many. But it's all good and I'm glad you are a happy camper now. Got your $66.20 waived and was able to activate Facetime. Can't wait to try the instructions you and Zeve put together.
    No worries t mobile is aware of the iPhone 4 international txt but will only wave them up to a month so activate n get those credits
    Last edited by Bartman1983; 2010-08-16 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  20. #300
    Quote Originally Posted by homelessz View Post
    I'm feel sorry for whoever has tried all the methods on here but didn't work. For those who doubt about the fact that it works for us, check out this my video below
    YouTube - Facetime working on iphone4 tmobile
    What data plan do you have? Does anybody have facetime activated on a data plan outside from the smartphone data plan? And, are you using any custom carrier bundles?


    It'd probably be easy enough for folks who have it working to fill in the following:


    The Shoe Man:

    Carrier: T-mobile
    Phone: Locked to AT&T US
    Data plan prior FT working: T-zones
    Data plan after FT working: N/A
    SMS plan: Unlimited family plan
    Carrier bundle: Carrier 7.0

    APN settings:

    edge:
    epc.tmobile.com

    MMS:
    epc.tmobile.com

    MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
    MMS Max message: 1048576
    MMS UA prof: http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf


    Phonegateway
    +011447786205094

    Comments:
    on how you got Facetime working.
    Zeve method
    Bartman method
    Celebfoolery method

    This should clear up any confusion for folks who have been following this thread. Great work to the folks who put their time & efforts getting it to work on their devices.
    Last edited by The Shoe Man; 2010-08-16 at 11:36 PM.

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •