Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Facetime - "Waiting for Activation" on T-Mobile

Hey guys, its working for me!

Heres exactly what I did. Shoutout to Bartman1983 for helping me out on twitter.

0. Install Fring and set up your account
    1. Install PhoneDelivery from Cydia so you can keep track of hidden texts in the background. (kind of optional, but id recommend it)
    2. Call T-Mobile and have them remove your current internet package (do this around 12:00am - thats what worked for me). If they give you a hard time about removing/readding your Internet package, tell them that Apple advised you to have them do it, and that you saw many forums online where people reported the same thing working to fix your "internet issues". If you blame it on Apple, T-Mobile wont care and will do what you ask.
    3. Re add the package immediately
    4. General > Reset> Reset Network Settings
    5. After the phone comes back to the home screen, turn it off
    6. Turn the phone back on
    7. General > auto lock > never
    8. Turn facetime on
    9. Go to the home screen
    10. Double tap so you can see the mulittasking bar.
    11. Close everything in the bar.
    12. Leave the phone opened and unlocked (on the homescreen) all night as it charges
    13. Be on WIFI
    14. Wake up the next morning and go to Settings > phone > facetime and turn it on (it should have turned off automatically during the night). It might tell you about SMS charge. Say ok.
    15. Turn the phone off
    16. Call #674#
    17. Call voicemail
    17b. Settings > phone > call waiting > turn it off if its on, then turn it back on.
    17c. Settings > phone > show my caller id > turn it off itf its on, then turn it back on.
    18. Call #646#
    19. Open fring
    20. Do a audio "fring test call" - let it automatically disconnect you. Takes about a minute.
    21. Do the same with the "fring test call" but this time for video
    22. Call voicemail again
    23. My facetime was working at this point.
    23B. If it didnt work for you, try steps 15-22 again.

Everyone knows how hard I tried to get this working, so i have no reason to lie. I'll work with @pushfix to hopefully come up with a streamlined fix.

Disclaimer: I'm not sure WHAT exactly trigged the settings to work, which is why i've outlined everything. I do think its all important though.
    Last edited by zeve; 2010-08-16 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zeve View Post
    Hey guys, its working for me!

Heres exactly what I did. Shoutout to Bartman1983 for helping me out on twitter.

0. Install Fring and set up your account
    1. Install PhoneDelivery from Cydia so you can keep track of hidden texts in the background. (kind of optional, but id recommend it)
    2. Call T-Mobile and have them remove your current internet package (do this around 12:00am - thats what worked for me)
    3. Re add the package immediately
    4. General > Reset> Reset Network Settings
    5. After the phone comes back to the home screen, turn it off
    6. Turn the phone back on
    7. General > auto lock > never
    8. Turn facetime on
    9. Go to the home screen
    10. Double tap so you can see the mulittasking bar.
    11. Close everything in the bar.
    12. Leave the phone opened and unlocked (on the homescreen) all night as it charges
    13. Be on WIFI
    14. Wake up the next morning and go to Settings > phone > facetime and turn it on (it should have turned off automatically during the night). It might tell you about SMS charge. Say ok.
    15. Turn the phone off
    16. Call #674#
    17. Call voicemail
    18. Call #646#
    19. Open fring
    20. Do a audio "fring test call" - let it automatically disconnect you. Takes about a minute.
    21. Do the same with the "fring test call" but this time for video
    22. Call voicemail again
    23. My facetime was working at this point.
    23B. If it didnt work for you, try steps 15-22 again.

Everyone knows how hard I tried to get this working, so i have no reason to lie. I'll work with @pushfix to hopefully come up with a streamlined fix.
    I'll surely try this as soon as I'm able to jailbreak again. There's a DNS issue going on with jailbreakmedotcom according to Musclenerd's tweet. I'll have to wait for the problem to be resolved which I'm hoping it will be today.

Quote Originally Posted by mjfriend1 View Post
    I'v tried that but I have found out that there is a DNS issue going on with jailbreakmedotcom so I'll have to wait for it to be resolved. thank you though.
    Last edited by imvirus; 2010-08-16 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I can finally have my life back..

Wow it amazes me how many fake Accounts this celebfiolery guy has on modmyi WE R GEEKS TO ANd Tell Crappy work when we see it
    This doesn't work vie tested on three different iphone 4 all it does is send u and email. Can someone plz moderate these foolery guys

Zeve...
    Do we absolutely have to call tmobile? I have the $6 tzones plan forever now and I don't wanna lose it...
    Also
    Does your edge and mms still work?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by madehtsobi View Post
    Zeve...
    Do we absolutely have to call tmobile? I have the $6 tzones plan forever now and I don't wanna lose it...
    Also
    Does your edge and mms still work?

Thanks!
    Really don't know. I think it has to do with the Data plan. It could just be as simple as disabling and enabling a plan, and enabling FaceTime in that time. It might not have to do with the plan it self, but the subscription service taking effect while your texts are being sent. Haven't edited by APN settings yet. but, will report back.

Really don't know. I think it has to do with the Data plan. It could just be as simple as disabling and enabling a plan, and enabling FaceTime in that time. It might not have to do with the plan it self, but the subscription service taking effect while your texts are being sent. Haven't edited by APN settings yet. but, will report back.
    ahh ok...imma try to install the fring w/o calling tmobile and try it...

thanks!

ahh ok...imma try to install the fring w/o calling tmobile and try it...

thanks!
    I think the T-Mobile step is more important then the Fring step. I could be wrong! You should try the way you suggested. Trial and error.

Zeve,
    What carrier package do you have installed? Under general and settings does your carrier say AT&T 7.0 or carrier 7.0?

Quote Originally Posted by The Shoe Man View Post
    Zeve,
    What carrier package do you have installed? Under general and settings does your carrier say AT&T 7.0 or carrier 7.0?
    Carrier 7.0

Carrier 7.0
    Did you install the mms fix from pushfix.info repo before doing the process you indicated above? Or just restore, jailbreak, unlock then start the process indicated. thanks

I will say it one last time, u need the smartphone data plan, its not going to work for you without that, any one who think i fake something is more then welcome to Skype me ( skype name : eliranbi ) and i will prove you other wise.

my carrier says...

T-Mobile 7.0

so i tried everything zeve stated...but w/o calling tmobile and i didnt wait 24hrs...installed fring, called my VM, reboot and what not, turn off/on waiting, ID...still not FT...

oh well....

Quote Originally Posted by imvirus View Post
    Did you install the mms fix from pushfix.info repo before doing the process you indicated above? Or just restore, jailbreak, unlock then start the process indicated. thanks
    Exactly as indicated. Didnt install anything.

my carrier says...

T-Mobile 7.0

so i tried everything zeve stated...but w/o calling tmobile and i didnt wait 24hrs...installed fring, called my VM, reboot and what not, turn off/on waiting, ID...still not FT...

oh well....
    It wont work that quickly. I literally left it for about 12 hours. You need to follow the instructions as specified.

you forgot to tell them to follow the yellow brick road after. i think we need to relax until 4.1

Zeve - is facetime is working for u ?

Exactly as indicated. Didnt install anything.

It wont work that quickly. I literally left it for about 12 hours. You need to follow the instructions as specified.
    yeh i know...just thought id try it first w/o calling tmob...

Does it still stay "waiting for activiation"? @zeve

do u need fring?
    sry for DB post
    Last edited by tizzle719; 2010-08-16 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

is step 15 supposed to be turn the phone off and then back on again? before you need to dial #674#?

Quote Originally Posted by alpineflip View Post
    is step 15 supposed to be turn the phone off and then back on again? before you need to dial #674#?
    Step 15 is turn off ur phone than turn it back on and than do step 16

Quote Originally Posted by tizzle719 View Post

do u need fring?
    sry for DB post
    No I personally believe u don't need fring when mine was activated I didn't use it but when we did zeve iPhone he used it and it pushed it through faster

Quote Originally Posted by tizzle719 View Post

do u need fring?
    sry for DB post
    No his and mine are both fully activated and with FaceTime on t mobile
    Last edited by Bartman1983; 2010-08-16 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast