Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 518

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Facetime - "Waiting for Activation" on T-Mobile

  1. #241
    Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    There have been very good indications 4.1 being released next week - although no guarantee.

    Email activation should be a lot easier to 'fake'.

    But, it's your choice, if you want to continue trying I'm sure you won't let me discourage you. I'm just pointing out that things will change - potentially quite soon.
    Where are those indications? Not doubting you, just haven't seen the same.

    Its not that we don't think we can fake the information, its just that right now its very possible Apple is using our ICCIDs to verify whether or not we are legitimate iPhone users. I just don't know if I really see that going away just because they begin using email verification instead of SMS.

  2. #242
    One thing I noticed is I will turn face time on, get the thing about sms charges. I will leave it on all night and try to have facetime activate. Then every morning when I wake up I go to check, and fcetime is turned off. I checked my bill and I do have a few txt to that international number, however I have never received one back?

    HUGE Thanks to everyone who is helping with this, we all appreciate your hard work!!

  3. #243
    Quote Originally Posted by mjfriend1 View Post
    I currently have this set up but currently I cannot mms for some reason. Im scared to start messing with all those settings again. I installed pushfix tmobile is04 settings but I assume you can enter them yourself.

    Cellular data - epc.tmobile.com

    MMS - epc.tmobile.com

    MMSC : http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    Proxy : 216.155.165.50:8080
    MMS Max Message Size : 10458576
    MMS UA Prof URL : http://www.apple.come/mms/uaprof.rdf
    Yep! I did it last night and it work too. You guys can input manually as above poster stated.
    Or you can add source http\cydia.pushfix.info and install T-mobile US MMS Fic for IOS4
    My facetime was stuck on waiting for activation, and after installed the fix... bem WORKING.

  4. #244
    Quote Originally Posted by homelessz View Post
    Yep! I did it last night and it work too. You guys can input manually as above poster stated.
    Or you can add source http\cydia.pushfix.info and install T-mobile US MMS Fic for IOS4
    My facetime was stuck on waiting for activation, and after installed the fix... bem WORKING.


    Doesn't work for me...

  5. #245
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mjfriend1 View Post
    I currently have this set up but currently I cannot mms for some reason. Im scared to start messing with all those settings again. I installed pushfix tmobile is04 settings but I assume you can enter them yourself.

    Cellular data - epc.tmobile.com

    MMS - epc.tmobile.com

    MMSC : http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    Proxy : 216.155.165.50:8080
    MMS Max Message Size : 10458576
    MMS UA Prof URL : http://www.apple.come/mms/uaprof.rdf
    Yep! I did it last night and it work too. You guys can input manually as above poster stated.
    Or you can add source http\cydia.pushfix.info and install T-mobile US MMS Fic for IOS4
    My facetime was stuck on waiting for activation, and after installed the fix... bem WORKING.


    I'm curious. Are you using a factory unlocked ip4 or are you @Comex'ed?

  6. #246
    @madehtsobi: did you reboot and re-enable facetime toggle?
    If you did and still not worked... I gotta be lucky then

    @bsmitty3535: Mine is factory locked (AT&T), Tmobile service provider. And yes, am with Comex
    Last edited by homelessz; 2010-08-15 at 09:33 PM.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to homelessz For This Useful Post:

    bsmitty3535 (2010-08-15)

  8. #247
    Guys I looked at my tmobile logs
    There is no international SMS and there are no SMS at all when I FaceTime at all.

  9. #248
    Quote Originally Posted by homelessz View Post
    @madehtsobi: did you reboot and re-enable facetime toggle?
    If you did and still not worked... I gotta be lucky then

    @bsmitty3535: Mine is factory locked (AT&T), Tmobile service provider. And yes, am with Comex
    I rolling with a factory locked ATT Iphone also. I seriously think its something with settings we have. Nothing with tricking Apple into thinking we are on ATT.

    And Homelessz did you install the settings after a fresh restore?

  10. #249
    Those of you that it worked for, what time during the day did you enable it? I know at night time it actually worked, but when did you trigger the setting?

  11. #250
    Quote Originally Posted by zeve View Post
    Those of you that it worked for, what time during the day did you enable it? I know at night time it actually worked, but when did you trigger the setting?
    Shortly after I triggered mine I was able to get it activated. It didnt take long at all. If I can figure out the exact time I restored my phone I could give you the exact time frame.

  12. #251
    Quote Originally Posted by mjfriend1 View Post
    I rolling with a factory locked ATT Iphone also. I seriously think its something with settings we have. Nothing with tricking Apple into thinking we are on ATT.

    And Homelessz did you install the settings after a fresh restore?
    I did a fresh restore a day before I installed the fix.

    @zeve: after installed the fix, I re-enable facetime around 11 pm. I didn't received any mms, but I noticed there were couple of them on my tmobile record. ($4.20, that a godamm expensive message I ever had)

  13. #252
    Quote Originally Posted by homelessz View Post
    @madehtsobi: did you reboot and re-enable facetime toggle?
    If you did and still not worked... I gotta be lucky then

    @bsmitty3535: Mine is factory locked (AT&T), Tmobile service provider. And yes, am with Comex

    I have the lei package installed along with a custom carrier plist that enabled my mms and tzones.

    After I installed the custom carrier list I don't have the option to enter in the cell data part but everything works, mms edge.

    I tried to enable ft then install the pushfix source but it can't install because lei is already installed on mine so therefore I can't get it to work unless I remove the lei source...

  14. #253
    Quote Originally Posted by madehtsobi View Post
    I have the lei package installed along with a custom carrier plist that enabled my mms and tzones.

    After I installed the custom carrier list I don't have the option to enter in the cell data part but everything works, mms edge.

    I tried to enable ft then install the pushfix source but it can't install because lei is already installed on mine so therefore I can't get it to work unless I remove the lei source...
    Take your sim card out why your phone is on then pop it back in and see if you can edit the data settings

  15. #254
    Quote Originally Posted by mjfriend1 View Post
    Take your sim card out why your phone is on then pop it back in and see if you can edit the data settings
    Nope....

    I don't feel like messing with my settings too much. I like having my edge and mms work now!

    If it's an easy fix around I'll do it but til then I'm ok w/o ft

  16. #255
    I've noticed that my MMS works sometimes, sometimes it does not work...these are identical settings on my 3GS, and works all the time...however on my iPhone 4, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. Sometimes i get MMS late, sometimes i dont get them at all...

  17. #256
    I've noticed that my MMS works sometimes, sometimes it does not work...these are identical settings on my 3GS, and works all the time...however on my iPhone 4, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. Sometimes i get MMS late, sometimes i dont get them at all...


    @Malik05
    I had the same problem as you, however, I was able to fix MMS by adding the T-Mobile MMS IOS4 Fix from the pushfix repo. Reboot, then make sure:

    Cellular Data
    APN: epc.tmobile.com

    HOWEVER, I STILL DO NOT HAVE FACETIME WORKING ON MY IP4 TMOBILE.
    MMS
    APN: epc.tmobile.com


    All the settings below should be there already. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by bsmitty3535; 2010-08-16 at 02:51 AM. Reason: Forgot...

  18. #257
    OK, I just did a fresh restore (4.0.1) on my IP4 and did JB then unlock with ultrasn0w. Then I added pushfix repo on cydia and installed the T-Mobile US fix for iOS4. Then I turn on Facetime. It's still sitting on "Waiting for Activation" as I'm posting this. Am I missing a step here or did I do anything wrong? Can someone who had his/her Facetime work on T-Mob after restore tell me if I messed up on a step? Appreciate it.

  19. #258
    Quote Originally Posted by imvirus View Post
    OK, I just did a fresh restore (4.0.1) on my IP4 and did JB then unlock with ultrasn0w. Then I added pushfix repo on cydia and installed the T-Mobile US fix for iOS4. Then I turn on Facetime. It's still sitting on "Waiting for Activation" as I'm posting this. Am I missing a step here or did I do anything wrong? Can someone who had his/her Facetime work on T-Mob after restore tell me if I messed up on a step? Appreciate it.

    I don't think you did anything wrong...FaceTime might/might not work...

  20. #259
    Now I'm screwed for the time being. Jb.com is down and I can jailbreak my IP4. I think I'll just wait until a fix for facetime comes out. Trying to make it work just created more problem to me rather than solving it. Oh well I guess I gotta wait until the JB.com server comes back up hopefully sometime today.

  21. #260
    Quote Originally Posted by imvirus View Post
    Now I'm screwed for the time being. Jb.com is down and I can jailbreak my IP4. I think I'll just wait until a fix for facetime comes out. Trying to make it work just created more problem to me rather than solving it. Oh well I guess I gotta wait until the JB.com server comes back up hopefully sometime today.
    Try www.jailbreakme.com

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •