Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Facetime - "Waiting for Activation" on T-Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by madehtsobi View Post
    Can we just change our gateway number to what "adios" number is?
    Adidos is most definitely a troll.

Pushfix's latest happenings, if anyone is interested:
    Twitlonger: @bartman1983 The coded text contains your push token ('t'), an ID ('i'), as well as 'r' being a &quo

Hey guys. I think I may have facetime time working on TMOBILE. I have been up all night messing with it and now on my contacts I have facetime option. I am not celebfoolery or whatever his name is nor do I know him. I just a guy in the Navy with nothing but time on his hands. Unfortunately I tried so many options and I think I restored about 5 times tonight so I cant tell you step by step how to get it working. But hopefully we can all continue to figure this out what and get this working. I have not facetime with anyone because I have no one to facetime with. So if some wants to pm thier number so I can be sure 100% it works. Hopefully everyone can understand this. I been drinking long island all night also.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -facetime.png   -photo.png  
    Last edited by mjfriend1; 2010-08-15 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mjfriend1 View Post
    Hey guys. I think I may have facetime time working on TMOBILE. I have been up all night messing with it and now on my contacts I have facetime option. I am not celebfoolery or whatever his name is nor do I know him. I just a guy in the Navy with nothing but time on his hands. Unfortunately I tried so many options and I think I restored about 5 times tonight so I cant tell you step by step how to get it working. But hopefully we can all continue to figure this out what and get this working. I have not facetime with anyone because I have no one to facetime with. So if some wants to pm thier number so I can be sure 100% it works. Hopefully everyone can understand this. I been drinking long island all night also.
    Well, we are all ears to what you have to say in regards to the "step by step" instructions that you mentioned. Can you post the steps you took to activate Facetime on T-mob.? I know everyone wants to see that.

Add this source to cydia and you get it - http;//celebfoolery.com/cydia

It's really working!!! I tried to do it with out this source and it didn't work. So just add it and follow the email you get

Ok Just check my Tmobile call/sms log there is no international text messages and all the sms are just sms to my friedns - I dont see any sms to gateway #

Also look at YouTube comment

bms122223
    3 hours ago
    No this actually works. You guys "ROCK".. When you download this it comes in a form of an app. Press on the app and it will tell you to add your email and activate. Once you do this it sends you an email with activation code. With in minutes it will activate your phone and you will have FaceTime on T-mobile!!!

YouTube - FaceTime on Tmobile

Hey guys is their anyway I can get the history log on phone or even find the exact time I restored my phone. I did a restore around this time but cant remember what time. I want to see if I installed something around this time or anything that can trigger this activatition. I thought I knew what I did to fix facetime but that was around 3AM. When I check my messages log I though it seems that my message was sent 1:41AM and received the message needing to activate it 1 minute later. I am not sure what I was doing around that time. But to everyone I did not use clebfoolery at all. Not to knock him or anything but I got it to work without his program. Also to let everyone know I am on a MyFaves FT Plan with unlimited messages with the android unlitmited data plan. I dont think it matters but I figured someone would ask.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -messages.png  

Quote Originally Posted by adidos View Post
    add this source to cydia and you get it - http;//celebfoolery.com/cydia

it's really working!!! I tried to do it with out this source and it didn't work. So just add it and follow the email you get
    Stop trolling. And everyone, please stop listening to this troll.

Quote Originally Posted by zeve
    heres what i've determined in terms of the celebfoolery "fix"

eli used trial and error to determine which package he needed to enable on his t-mobile account to activate facetime and successfully send the registration messages. Each plan some how has its own apn and gateway, and he believes the smartphone package is the one that works, as it has helped him and several of his friends.

Once he had this information, he needed a way to share it, but also benefit from the situation. He created the app, which i can confirm does nothing except email you instructions. The purpose behind the app is to make it appear to the novice user that something is occurring that makes your device compatible with facetime. However, when you look through the code, it is clear as day, nothing happens in the app except an email is sent to your device. Look back a few posts to see how it uses a web address to fake "activate" you.

Through the email, he is able to provide you with instructions (which are simple - add the smartphone package) as well as advertise his product. Again, to the regular user, they will believe that the email is the final piece of the puzzle. However, in reality, it is actually the first piece of the puzzle.

I kind of understand his position - if i discovered the way to enable facetime, i'd want to some how keep my name attached to its success, and this little "app" does that.

So, just to reiterate, the app does nothing except send you an email, which tells you nothing more than to add the "smartphone data plan" to your account, and then wait up to 24 hours with facetime enabled.

Let me know if you have success adding this package to your account.
    Another pushfix update, for those interested:

Twitlonger: Breakdown of my latest research into FaceTime requests and replies. NOT going to help YOU get FaceTi
    Last edited by n1c3jack3t; 2010-08-15 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hey guys is their anyway I can get the history log on phone or even find the exact time I restored my phone. I did a restore around this time but cant remember what time. I want to see if I installed something around this time or anything that can trigger this activatition. I thought I knew what I did to fix facetime but that was around 3AM. When I check my messages log I though it seems that my message was sent 1:41AM and received the message needing to activate it 1 minute later. I am not sure what I was doing around that time. But to everyone I did not use clebfoolery at all. Not to knock him or anything but I got it to work without his program. Also to let everyone know I am on a MyFaves FT Plan with unlimited messages with the android unlitmited data plan. I dont think it matters but I figured someone would ask.
    Can you dial #674# it should tell you if you were changed for those txt or any other, it will just list a $ amount i.e 5$ Int'l see if you have any charges
    Last edited by alpineflip; 2010-08-15 at 06:46 PM.

Yes I have .80 in charges. But it seems that once it activated thre no other text

Yes I have .80 in charges. But it seems that once it activated thre no other text
    what apn settings are you using for cellular data and mms?

I currently have this set up but currently I cannot mms for some reason. Im scared to start messing with all those settings again. I installed pushfix tmobile is04 settings but I assume you can enter them yourself.

Cellular data - epc.tmobile.com

MMS - epc.tmobile.com

MMSC : http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    Proxy : 216.155.165.50:8080
    MMS Max Message Size : 10458576
    MMS UA Prof URL : http://www.apple.come/mms/uaprof.rdf

iPhone 4 users: Does dialing *674# or *646# work for you? I cant get it to function, which makes me wonder if I'm having a problem register with the T-Mobile server.

Please indicate if you CAN "call" these numbers and see your usage, and also whether or not you have activated FaceTime.

Also, MJFRIEND, can you please take a picture of your "services" section on my.tmobile.com

You guys must really want facetime desperately if you can't even wait until next week....
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    You guys must really want facetime desperately if you can't even wait until next week....
    Theres been no indication 4.1 comes out next week (which is what I assume you are referring to) and there is no guarantee that email activation wont prevent unlocked iPhones from working with FaceTime.

Quote Originally Posted by zeve View Post
    iPhone 4 users: Does dialing *674# or *646# work for you? I cant get it to function, which makes me wonder if I'm having a problem register with the T-Mobile server.

Please indicate if you CAN "call" these numbers and see your usage, and also whether or not you have activated FaceTime.

Also, MJFRIEND, can you please take a picture of your "services" section on my.tmobile.com
    Yes they work. Here are some pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -pic.png   -services.png  

Thanks. Someone else try too!

I think you mean #646# and #674# but they both work for me

Quote Originally Posted by alpineflip View Post
    I think you mean #646# and #674# but they both work for me
    GRRR ok never mind got it sorted! Wasn't what I thought.

Me and pushfix have been at this a while. Trying every option.

GRRR ok never mind got it sorted! Wasn't what I thought.

Me and pushfix have been at this a while. Trying every option.
    So do you know a way where I can find out the EXACT time I restored my phone?

Theres been no indication 4.1 comes out next week (which is what I assume you are referring to) and there is no guarantee that email activation wont prevent unlocked iPhones from working with FaceTime.
    There have been very good indications 4.1 being released next week - although no guarantee.

Email activation should be a lot easier to 'fake'.

But, it's your choice, if you want to continue trying I'm sure you won't let me discourage you. I'm just pointing out that things will change - potentially quite soon.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast