Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Facetime - "Waiting for Activation" on T-Mobile

@zeve post back with what you see

Ya zeve post back what you just saw :-)

Just Skyped. He has T-Mobile FaceTime working. He took out the simcard and showed me. Unless its a fake simcard or he quickly switch phones, its legit.

However, he did not explain how his application works or give me any reason to believe that it does anything besides collect email address'.

He seems to be one of those lucky people that T-Mobile FaceTime works.

He said he would post a screen shot of his Network Settings tonight or tomorrow morning. If he does great, since I asked him to.

To sum it up guys, I think he has FaceTime working, but I dont think its going to help any of us in getting ours working. It seems like he got lucky like some others. I told him I hope I that he proves me wrong and provides a good fix.

Quote Originally Posted by zeve View Post
    Just Skyped. He has T-Mobile FaceTime working. He took out the simcard and showed me. Unless its a fake simcard or he quickly switch phones, its legit.

However, he did not explain how his application works or give me any reason to believe that it does anything besides collect email address'.

He seems to be one of those lucky people that T-Mobile FaceTime works.

He said he would post a screen shot of his Network Settings tonight or tomorrow morning. If he does great, since I asked him to.

To sum it up guys, I think he has FaceTime working, but I dont think its going to help any of us in getting ours working. It seems like he got lucky like some others. I told him I hope I that he proves me wrong and provides a good fix.
    I would image taking the sim out is like turning FaceTime off and then back on to reactivate? I assume at least

Quote Originally Posted by alpineflip View Post
    I would image taking the sim out is like turning FaceTime off and then back on to reactivate? I assume at least
    He also turned Facetime off and on.

He also turned Facetime off and on.
    I would love to see the settings myself I can't image it being anything different than what we have known ever sense carrier settings was introduced a few fw's back and also the international txt message charges
    Last edited by alpineflip; 2010-08-14 at 08:22 AM.

Ok guys, this might be the last piece of the puzzle

Please make sure this is the cellular Data settings

Cellular data - NO APN
    MMS - NO APN

MMSC : http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    Proxy : 216.155.165.50:8080
    MMS Max Message Size : 10458576
    MMS UA Prof URL : http://www.apple.come/mms/uaprof.rdf

Also have in mind it might take up to 24 hr ( which is indicate in the mail you received so stop be soooooo skeptical )

Quote Originally Posted by eliranbi View Post
    Ok guys, this might be the last piece of the puzzle

Please make sure this is the cellular Data settings

Cellular data - NO APN
    MMS - NO APN

MMSC : http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    Proxy : 216.155.165.50:8080
    MMS Max Message Size : 10458576
    MMS UA Prof URL : http://www.apple.come/mms/uaprof.rdf

Also have in mind it might take up to 24 hr ( which is indicate in the mail you received so stop be soooooo skeptical )
    What about international txt message charges everyone has getting, it adds up

screen shots tomorrow ... good night

Quote Originally Posted by eliranbi View Post
    screen shots tomorrow ... good night
    you should just tell us how you did this...its that simple...sure you have a fix, but how did you arrive to the fix? what .plist files, if any, did you edit?

Did anyone try by adding the smart phone package? Someone should try...

T-Mobile FACETIME sense of direction.

So i see how a text msg was sent to +447786205094 which resides in UK everytime you turn on FT. So i edited carrier.plist from System/Library/Carrier Bundle/Unknown.bundle and change this field

PhoneNumberRegistrationGatewayAddress
    +447786205094

to my number. Surprisingly ,FT sent a request SMS to my number with the following

REG-REQ?v=2;t=0C11F1ACF776391387797F5EEC1B87E9FC33DAD9 B86583270B8E8DDE78A7A23C;i=2CFA805D9A0D1D43CE57429 B4DA8E454B9AADB5D;r=5917c44d

I've noticed the last portion i= has different character everytime it requested it.

Now, here's my ideas.. is there anyway where we can use an ATT microsim and turn FT on/off and monitor the package being sent from ATT and mimick that to activate FT on T-Mobile?

i found this info above in another thread nobody has responded to it yet but thought it might help

No International text message charge, all my sms are locals only BK & QU

Heres what I've determined in terms of the celebfoolery "fix"

Eli used trial and error to determine which package he needed to enable on his T-Mobile account to activate FaceTime and successfully send the registration messages. Each plan some how has its own APN and Gateway, and he believes the Smartphone package is the one that works, as it has helped him and several of his friends.

Once he had this information, he needed a way to share it, but also benefit from the situation. He created the app, which I can confirm does nothing except email you instructions. The purpose behind the app is to make it appear to the novice user that something is occurring that makes your device compatible with FaceTime. However, when you look through the code, it is clear as day, nothing happens in the app except an email is sent to your device. Look back a few posts to see how it uses a web address to fake "activate" you.

Through the email, he is able to provide you with instructions (which are simple - add the Smartphone package) as well as advertise his product. Again, to the regular user, they will believe that the email is the final piece of the puzzle. However, in reality, it is actually the first piece of the puzzle.

I kind of understand his position - if I discovered the way to enable FaceTime, I'd want to some how keep my name attached to its success, and this little "app" does that.

So, just to reiterate, the app does nothing except send you an email, which tells you nothing more than to add the "Smartphone Data Plan" to your account, and then wait up to 24 hours with FaceTime enabled.

Let me know if you have success adding this package to your account.

Heres what I've determined in terms of the celebfoolery "fix"

Eli used trial and error to determine which package he needed to enable on his T-Mobile account to activate FaceTime and successfully send the registration messages. Each plan some how has its own APN and Gateway, and he believes the Smartphone package is the one that works, as it has helped him and several of his friends.

Once he had this information, he needed a way to share it, but also benefit from the situation. He created the app, which I can confirm does nothing except email you instructions. The purpose behind the app is to make it appear to the novice user that something is occurring that makes your device compatible with FaceTime. However, when you look through the code, it is clear as day, nothing happens in the app except an email is sent to your device. Look back a few posts to see how it uses a web address to fake "activate" you.

Through the email, he is able to provide you with instructions (which are simple - add the Smartphone package) as well as advertise his product. Again, to the regular user, they will believe that the email is the final piece of the puzzle. However, in reality, it is actually the first piece of the puzzle.

I kind of understand his position - if I discovered the way to enable FaceTime, I'd want to some how keep my name attached to its success, and this little "app" does that.

So, just to reiterate, the app does nothing except send you an email, which tells you nothing more than to add the "Smartphone Data Plan" to your account, and then wait up to 24 hours with FaceTime enabled.

Let me know if you have success adding this package to your account.
    I have the smart phone data plan and left facetime on long enough to incure 8$ in international txt message charges which is a small amount with no working facetime it was probably on for 9hrs about a week ago

Yes, the smartphone data plan. It took couple of hours after I changed it .. But now it's working .!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Adidos View Post
    Yes, the smartphone data plan. It took couple of hours after I changed it .. But now it's working .!!!!!
    Yes but you are still charged for multiple outbound txt messages to the UK

No just local SMS

Quote Originally Posted by Adidos View Post
    No just local SMS
    What is the gateway # it is texting you will see it on tmobile's website

Can we just change our gateway number to what "adios" number is?

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast