Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Quick question about unlocking...

Default Quick question about unlocking...
    This is my first post at this forum, I tried searching for the answer but couldn't find it exactly. I was wondering, if I were to attempt to unlock an iPhone that does not have the original sim card in it, would I be in any luck? Set aside all of the apps and work that would need to be done, is it even possible to unlock an iphone without its original sim card in it? I dont have the phone yet, thinking about buying it off of someone so I don't currently have the firmware information on it. any help appreciated

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

You won't need the original sim to unlock it
    Don't forget the Thanks if I helped

alright, thanks, anything else I should know before I buy this? getting it for a decent price, going to try for around $175

Green Apple
    Thanks

You dont need the original simcard, just all the connecters and things that come with the phone normally. You can put in any simcard and unlock, i put my personal O2 simcard in when i unlocked mine

perfect, I was unsure because I read somewhere that the phone needed to have the original sim card in it in order to unlock, this is a bit of a relief hah

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

No you just restore to 1.1.3/1.1.4 firmware and then open Ziphone and click "DO IT ALL" button..... and then use YOUR sim.