Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No "Cellular Data Network" tab to enter APN settings - 3GS (old boot) on iOS 4

Question No "Cellular Data Network" tab to enter APN settings - 3GS (old boot) on iOS 4
    So I sold my 3GS to a good friend of mine and promised to get her up and running with a jailbreak/unlock she can use with her T-Mobile account. It's the old bootrom (I bought it on release day) and it's running iOS 4.

When JailbreakMe.com came out, I had her run through it all, and now it's jailbroken. I told her to download Ultrasn0w, which she did. Now she can make phone calls and send/receive texts, but she can not get online or send/receive MMS. When she attempts to go on Safari without wifi, she lands on a T-Mobile page telling her they will charge $1.99 per MB.

I know she has to enter APN settings, however the tab is not there to enter them, so we are lost. I suggested she download the T-Mobile US Carrier bundle from Cydia but to no avail.

I am determining that she may need to apply for the $10 non-smart-phone T-Mobile data plan in order for this to take effect? Perhaps she needs to restore and re-jailbreak since there have been a few minor updates to JailbreakMe since then? There are no updates or changes listed in Cydia and no prompts to upgrade essential software.

http://deals-n-discounts.com/here-is...on-iphone-os4/

make sure you add a profile name and reboot after your done everything
    Last edited by MikeThomson; 2010-08-03 at 04:07 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MikeThomson For This Useful Post:

deepeshmd (2010-08-03)

I guess you might have to install & use the APN Editor from Cydia.