Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS iOS4.0 - JailBroke but Unlock? - No Service.

Question iPhone 3GS iOS4.0 - JailBroke but Unlock? - No Service.
    Hello,
    I have a iPhone 3GS iOS4.0 and JailBroke it last night using the Jailbreakme.com link (Thanks Dev-Team) the problem I am having now is when I put my SIM card in and run ultrasn0w through Cydia, it unlocks and my Carrier is shown in settings but I get "No Service" in the top left of the screen.

Any Ideas? Thanks.

I think you have to wait for the new ios4 unlock, which is in its final testing stages. I'm waiting on the same thing. Someone correct mr if I'm wrong.

I just reset my network settings then turned on my cellular data (whatever that is?) and I now have 'O2-UK' and a little blue circle next to it now instead of 'No Service' only thing is I have NO SIGNAL

Any ideas? Thanks again.

the unlock isnt released yet for 4.0... wait like another 2 days

The current unlock WILL WORK for all iPhones except the iPhone 4. So it should work for your 3Gs. I have a 3Gs and the unlock works fine with T-Mobile USA.

The iPhone 4 unlock is scheduled to be out tomorrow (August 3rd).

It must be something else. Try rebooting the phone for starters? And of course make sure you are in an area where you have signal...and make sure you're not holding it wrong

I did a full restore last night and upgraded to 4.0.1 - When iTunes asked for a SIM to activate the phone I put my O2-UK SIM in and I now have that in the top left of my screen 'O2-UK' - I jailbroke it then installed ultrasn0w, only problem now is I don't have any signal... I have the bars but they are like this ...

_ _ _ _ _O2 - UK

I've tried resettings network settings, 3G is off, reset mobile data network.. Now I have run out of ideas. lol

Help?

This is what I did for T-Mobile, maybe you can try it the same thing with your SIM.

http://modmyi.com/forums/unlocking-a...1-3-4-0-a.html

Was the phone working with O2 before this and did you do a full backup?

I don't have the original SIM. I activated the phone with my O2 SIM Ive used for about 4 years. My carrier is shown as O2 in settings but when i click on it I get this message...

same problem but on 3g. nobod ever found a solution. so wtf
    Common Sense.

I just did a online check and turns out my iPhone is Blocked/Blacklisted.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by YdnAK47 View Post
    Hello,
    I have a iPhone 3GS iOS4.0 and JailBroke it last night using the Jailbreakme.com link (Thanks Dev-Team) the problem I am having now is when I put my SIM card in and run ultrasn0w through Cydia, it unlocks and my Carrier is shown in settings but I get "No Service" in the top left of the screen.

Any Ideas? Thanks.
    Try removing the sim while installing Ultrasn0w. This version 0.9.3 of Ultrasn0w will unlock 3GS, 3G from BB 3.0 to 4.0.1. Those affected and waiting for unlock is for Iphone 4 which has a different bb.

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    Try removing the sim while installing Ultrasn0w. This version 0.9.3 of Ultrasn0w will unlock 3GS, 3G from BB 3.0 to 4.0.1. Those affected and waiting for unlock is for Iphone 4 which has a different bb.
    I just did a online check and turns out my iPhone is Blocked/Blacklisted.

I don't have the original SIM. I activated the phone with my O2 SIM Ive used for about 4 years. My carrier is shown as O2 in settings but when i click on it I get this message...

I have similar problem on my 3gs (4.0.1)... I can't make/receive call, send/receive SMS, but i can browse www over 3G...! I was trying to RESTORE in DFU (configuring as new phone)... i was trying to reset network setting, i made downgrade to 3.1.3... nothing helps.

I've made JB with jailbreakme.com, after that phone worked for few hours, now it's like "iPad Mini".

Orginal sim carrier doesn't work in iPhone too.

BTW im using swedish carrier...
    Last edited by Nosek; 2010-08-04 at 07:27 PM.

No idea mate, do a IMEI check I PMed you back.