Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How can I tell if my 3gs is unlocked

Default How can I tell if my 3gs is unlocked
    I ran jailbreakme 2 on my 3GS. I then installed ultrasnow and rebooted but the phone doesn't look different. I don't have another carrier sim to try. I'm going to sell it on ebay as jailbroke and unlocked but I need to make sure it worked. Any way to do this? Thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    What version of the OS did you install before jailbreaking? ios4, 313? Did you read the information about shsh blobs and guidelines for 3gs bootroms etc?

I had 4.0.1. The phone was previously jailbroken with 3.1.3 with Spirit. I restored and set up as a new phone then jail broke with jailbreakme. I followed the directions listed all over the net and installed ultrasn0w and it rebooted. I put my buddy's sprint card in and it didn't work. What am I doing wrong?

Is Spring a GSM service?

I just read online that sprint won't work with the iPhone at all. Unlocked or not. I'm just going to assume it's unlocked. Ultrasn0w is installed on my phone. I even did it twice. I don't know anyone with a T-Mobile so no way for me to check.

Hey guys I would love someone's help, as my issue is similar to yours. I ran jailbreakme.com, on my ios4 3gs, with newest baseband, and the JB went great. Downloaded some things off Cydia, works fine. I activated this phone with my girlfriend's Rogers SIM card (Canadian company), about 2 weeks ago, and have just been using with no SIM waiting for a JB/Unlock.

Downloaded ultrasn0w, multiple times, but when I pop my Fido SIM card in, it says different SIM, etc etc. The weird part is, that now in my Carrier settings instead of Rogers, it says Fido. That part baffles me, as my own Fido SIM does not work.

This may make you guys think twice about assuming it is unlocked, or in turn, will point out some oversight of mine. Thanks to anyone who can help!