Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Prepaid Activation??? How to activate iphone 4 with prepaid sim card?

Question Prepaid Activation??? How to activate iphone 4 with prepaid sim card?
    Hey guys. Well I have a rogers prepaid plan right now, I ordered the micro sim cutter online which I should get within next 2 weeks.

I am planning to buy the unlocked iphone 4, but I have no idea how I would activate it or anything. I have never used an iphone, so this will be my first one.

I know normally you activate through itunes and etc. Anyone else who is using prepaid who is also buying the iphone 4???

Thanks!

Default How To By Pass Apple Activation Checks on iphone 2G 3G 3GS 4 ipad on any firmware in it
    Quote Originally Posted by sonny21 View Post
    Hey guys. Well I have a rogers prepaid plan right now, I ordered the micro sim cutter online which I should get within next 2 weeks.

I am planning to buy the unlocked iphone 4, but I have no idea how I would activate it or anything. I have never used an iphone, so this will be my first one.

I know normally you activate through itunes and etc. Anyone else who is using prepaid who is also buying the iphone 4???

Thanks!

Hi

i can give you pointers as top is covered in the blog article here

a summary is as follows

The way Apple products work when it comes to firmware updates on itunes is a bit tricky. if you are using a locked iphone 2G 3G 3GS iphone 4 or ipad then we will show you how you can easily by pass the Apple products Activation Checks after firmware updates on itunes.

What all of you will have experience at some time or another is the iphone or ipad will crash and then you need to connect this to itunes to restore the firmware on the device.

Itunes will flash the iphone or ipad with either your choice of custom firmware if you keep hold of Shift while pressing restore or it will download the latest from Apple which you want to avoid as this will update the baseband software also and the chances are that unlock software will not be available for some time for that Baseband firmware.

Either way once you have updated the firmware then its nessasry to Activate the phone with a network simcard from the same provider its locked on to. This way its possible to get past the screen where it says connect to itunes and can then access the other features of the Device.

Question ?

I purchased an iphone/ipad and i donít know the network the phone is locked on to and the phone is stuck at the connect to itunes screen and i donít have the original network simcard or knowledge on how to create & Flash custom firmware files .

What Can i do too get past this Activation Screen to be able access the device function so i can at least use the phones other features even its not possible to unlock for now ?

Answer

Their are a few solutions to the problem and i will elaborate more

Most obvious one is to have a network simcard of the same network as the iphone or ipad is locked on to. So if i know that the iphone or ipad is locked on to Vodafone for example then after a firmware update on itunes i would need to have a vodafone simcard in the device to be able to gain entry to the device and will be able pass the activation on itunes.

Create a Custom ipsu or Dmg Firmware which is already hacktivated using some special tools and these can only be used with Apple Mac computers and then flash this newly created firmware to the device so you can by pass the activation check all together. But this is not possible for all firmwares and not available for all Apple iphone and ipad firmwares and not the Latest 4.0 OS on the ipad or iphone 4 as those are too new and wont be supported for some time

Use special Rebel activation by pass sim cards that dont need programming and can auto detect the network code settings to fool iphones or ipads in to thinking they have a same network in order to get past the activation screen.

Video showing how to activate apple devices
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C705BJQ85Yk&feature=player_embedded"]Rebel_Apple_iphone_ipad_activation_phone_book_back _up_Card[/ame]

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rebelsimcard For This Useful Post:

sonny21 (2010-07-30)

Thanks.

Yeah after reading through the other topic, I purchased a sim activator yesterday.

Although I know on the iphone website it does mention it does support prepaid, so that's why I am interested to see how it should be done.

I guess either someone who actually has a prepaid rogers/bell/etc and gets the iphone or I'll just ask apple or someone.

The good thing is hopefully the sim activator I get works.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I used the latest fix to unlock and JB my 3gs 3.1.3 05.12.07 iPhone and then just popped in my prepaid Fido SIM Card into my previously locked to Rogers, brand new, iPhone and it activated it for the first time to Fido. I didn't have to do anything else. That simple.