Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3Gs with emergency call !!

Default 3Gs with emergency call !!
    from the iTunes it shows " The SIM Card Inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported "

my current iphone :
    3Gs
    ios4.0.1
    mc133

what should i do to fix the problem?
    now i cant use my iphone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

do you know what carrier its locked to?

no unlock for 4.01

but i think you can activate your phone. not sure if hacktivate would work. let me check

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

There is no jailbreak for an iPhone 3GS on stock 4.0 so you're stuck until the new jb is released.. shouldn't be too much longer

i have the same problem.im now stuck on emergency call.

iphone 3gs
    ios 4.0.1
    baseband 5.13.1

please help.

thanks.

The new jailbreak is not going to help you because it is a userland JB that requires the phone to be already activated. You need to try and get the phone activated before the JB is released, by either getting a sim card from the carrier that the phone is locked to or order a Phonebook card on Ebay. If you can determine the carrier that the phone is locked too you need only borrow a SIM card for a few minutes to activate.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Same Problem here did the Jailbreak through "jailbreakme.modmyi.com" went to the repo (at 4.0.1). and I ran the unlock but no cigar. I'm running a 3GS 32 with 4.0.1. Moving from FIDO to Cellcom.

I have a 3GS which was jailbroken and unlocked on 3.1.2. Working fine for a few days. It was accidentally upgraded to 3.1.3 and now I have the emergency call screen and is unusable. iTunes says the sim card is unsupported.
    Baseband 5.12.01, bootloader 6.4.
    Will I need to re-jailbreak and unlock. Sorry, noob. What will need to be done please?