Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New iphone 3gs.

Default New iphone 3gs.
    Hi, my first post so errm, please be nice and gentle with me. I have just purchased an iphone which is coming from the US. I cannot get it to activate because according to itunes, I need the correct sim card. Anyone who lives in the uk will realise just how scarce an at&t sim card is over here. I cannot even get into it to find out what version OS is on it. Can anyone help me out? I feel that if I can activate it then thats half the battle won.

Look at the news a few days ago, there was a long thread about this. There are alternatives to AT&T cards. Could be a trip to maplin

3. The Following User Says Thank You to eyeRobot For This Useful Post:

BigCol (2010-07-28)

Quote Originally Posted by westonben View Post
    Look at the news a few days ago, there was a long thread about this. There are alternatives to AT&T cards. Could be a trip to maplin
    AT&T dont endorse iphone unlocks or agree to apple unlocking iphone without their consent. Ive just this minute logged onto ebay and purchased an iphone activation card. Should be with me tomorrrow or friday

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BigCol View Post
    Hi, my first post so errm, please be nice and gentle with me. I have just purchased an iphone which is coming from the US. I cannot get it to activate because according to itunes, I need the correct sim card. Anyone who lives in the uk will realise just how scarce an at&t sim card is over here. I cannot even get into it to find out what version OS is on it. Can anyone help me out? I feel that if I can activate it then thats half the battle won.
    There must be a Radio Shack in England, get a PhoneBook sim card , it will do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    There must be a Radio Shack in England, get a PhoneBook sim card , it will do the job.
    Ive found something on ebay. Its ebay item number: 180535821504, this is what I need and it should be with me tomorrow or Friday. Once Ive activated it I will be able to check what ios is on it etc. I hope I can jailbreak it without too much trouble