Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Do Not upgrade to 4.1 if you want an unlock

Default Do Not upgrade to 4.1 if you want an unlock
    sherif_hashim - twitter

confirmed , the exploit used for ultrasn0w0.93 has been completely dismissed from 05.14.01 , 3g & 3gs unlockers NEVER go past 4.0.1
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Never, in block caps is rather a strong point!

Okay guys you both stated don't go past I haven't. But what do i do my I had jailbreaking and unlocked my 3g that is on bootloader 5.8 and 3.0 version and modem firmware was 04.28 or something like that the modem firmware i mean. Well anyways I clicked make my life easier on Cydia. Than decided that i wanted to upgrade the version to 3.1.3 well i did, but after the update I couldnt get it out of recovery. So i irecovery it and than it got stuck on spple logo so i put it in dfu mode and tried it again it rain finished and stayed on apple logo i tried everything i mean everything so i wouldn't have to restore, by the way i also backup up on itunes first. but some how during the two times of trying to restore i ended up on modem firmware 5.13.04. I still coudent get it of apple logo, but than some how i got it back on to recovery not the brick recovery but recovery. I than tried to restore at 3.1.3 it just went back to recovery so i said forget it i itune resotored it because i didnt know how to find the two previous backups itunes and cydia. After resote it was 4.0.1 idiot i know i just freakout one second to long. Do anyone have any suggestions or can help this ametuar. I do learn fast though. I do know that i am lucking to have the old version bootloader with that isn't there some way i can still jailbreak my phone and what for a now unlock or can i jail break and than fuzzyband back to older version. Problem is i am not sure white version of Pwanage jailbreak to us. Please help do not won't to make it for ever unreturnable. Sorry so long windend just wanted to be clear.

There are plenty of threads on how to JB and unlock a 3G on 4.01 - please don't hijack this one.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

omgwireless808 (2010-07-28)

didn't get the please don't highjack this one. I am new to this site as you may noticed. I can get to the threads under unlocking/Activations?
    If you don't mind.

At the top of this page there is a bar that says News, reviews ...
    One of the sections is guides - you should find all you need there.

I hope a jailbreak for 4.01 isnt too far away. I have just bought an iphone 3GS 32gb, which I thiink is on 4.01. I cant tell because, its come from the US (I live in the UK) and I cannot activate it unless I have an at&t sim card......which is a bugger. Ive just looked on ebay and have found some iphone activation cards. Ive just this minute bought one, it should arrive tomorrow of Friday and once its activated I will be able to find out whats on it.
    Last edited by BigCol; 2010-07-28 at 04:08 PM.