Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3gs Old Bootrom with 4.0.1 help

Unhappy Iphone 3gs Old Bootrom with 4.0.1 help
    I have a windows computer so I can not jailbreak with pwnage tool. I was wondering if there was any way I could downgrade my firmware or jailbreak.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysid3up View Post
    I have a windows computer so I can not jailbreak with pwnage tool. I was wondering if there was any way I could downgrade my firmware or jailbreak.
    You cannot downgrade unless you have your shsh blogs backup.

sn0wbreeze is the windows equivalent of pwnage tool, but as Yeow states, you can't downgrade without SHSH on file.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

To know if you have those frisky SHSH blobs, answer this: Has you iPhone been jailbroken before? If no, then you are stuck. You can not downgrade.

If yes, then open Cydia and look at the very top of the main Cydia page. If SHSH blobs were previously stored, it will show this at the top and for which version. (Note: Each FW version (3.0, 3.1, 4.0, 4.0.1, etc) REQUIRE a separate and individual SHSH blob for each individual iPhone). No sharing allowed (haha).

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Thanks Westonben, Eventhough you have the old bootrom, once you are at stock 4.0.1, in order to downgrade you will need shsh blogs to downgrade and you cannot use Pwnage tools or Snowbreeze too simply the fact that you are not jailbroken prior to downgrading to cfw.